Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-28-2021, 07:38 AM   #29
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
Love it. You cant beat a big cam and corsa. I couldnt be happier with mine. I literally draw a crowd everywhere i go lol. Anyone on the fence needs to pull the trigger. These videos have me all wound lol
Most think the headers are the main thing that wakes up a Corsa catback. But when you add a cam it gets exponentially louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
lol I hear ya there!! Every time I arrive at a show or cruise everyone just stops and stares!! Then when I park and get detailing a crowd will form around us and start asking all kinds of questions, which of course I don't mind, lol. My buds there will always say, "I heard ya way before I saw ya!! " lol. The thing that gets a lot of attention is pretty much NOBODY around here has a cammed and stalled 5th gen, so people just flip out when they hear her idling around the parking lot!! Kinda cool.. And I agree with gunchamp, if you are on the fence about getting a Corsa, go for it you will NOT be dissapointed!!!
You make a good point about a stalled Camaro. That was my 1st mod on the Pace Car and probably the best bang for the buck. I installed the cam about 6 months later along with a 200 shot and that car rocked and rolled at stop lights.
Old 02-28-2021, 07:43 AM   #30
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Most think the headers are the main thing that wakes up a Corsa catback. But when you add a cam it gets exponentially louder.

Just recently installed headers to my Corsa (haven’t fired it up yet) and now you have me itching for a cam!
Old 02-28-2021, 07:58 AM   #31
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Just recently installed headers to my Corsa (haven’t fired it up yet) and now you have me itching for a cam!
Ha Ha... you have the bug and will eventually do it
Old 02-28-2021, 09:41 AM   #32
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
Love it. You cant beat a big cam and corsa. I couldnt be happier with mine. I literally draw a crowd everywhere i go lol. Anyone on the fence needs to pull the trigger. These videos have me all wound lol
Ive been wanting to do it for years. Im in Canada and most of the car meets I attend have very few 5th gens. I think ive heard 2 cammed 5th gens in the 9 years of owning mine. And in reality these cars sound good in the vids but sound way better in person. Im skipping a best now mines done...its a totally different car.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:44 AM   #33
Modernmusclecar

Quote:

You make a good point about a stalled Camaro. That was my 1st mod on the Pace Car and probably the best bang for the buck. I installed the cam about 6 months later along with a 200 shot and that car rocked and rolled at stop lights.
I found this to be very true. At a stoplight shakes and rumbles pretty good. Love it.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #34
Modernmusclecar

http://youtu.be/VfvsymDF6yY

Old 02-28-2021, 10:04 AM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
You're trying to use a Cell Phone to embed your video which won't work. Needs to be the full URL like this...

http s://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfvsymDF6yY

Old 02-28-2021, 11:28 AM   #36
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
You're trying to use a Cell Phone to embed your video which won't work. Needs to be the full URL like this...

Will it work on a tablet? I'm about to make another cold start video for my utube today.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 12:16 PM   #37
Modernmusclecar

Quote:

Thanks ...I was going to pm you lol. Did you fux them all for ne?
Old 02-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #38
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
So I'm realizing that I need better sound...are there any aftermarket setups that will use the NPP control? I daily and want to stay friends with the neighbors.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:15 PM   #39
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_g View Post
So I'm realizing that I need better sound...are there any aftermarket setups that will use the NPP control? I daily and want to stay friends with the neighbors.

U can do a muffler mid like I did.
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:09 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Will it work on a tablet? I'm about to make another cold start video for my utube today.
if it uses the abbreviated URL like the phones do then no. Look at the difference if the ones I posted. I stuck a space in the HTTP S so it wouldn't embed but that's what I mean by the full URL and not the mobile one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernmusclecar View Post
Thanks ...I was going to pm you lol. Did you fux them all for ne?
I've been fixing them throughout this thread and just noticed that you were trying harder than others LOL
Old 02-28-2021, 02:29 PM   #41
larry_g

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
U can do a muffler mid like I did.
Not sure if yours is the one I copied but it's just not doing it for me. I have headers to catless pipes, then 3” speed engineering mufflers and x-pipe, eventually tying in to the stock NPP along with a three way switch.

It gives me control but listening to these vids reminds me how these cars should sound. I need something I can tone down in the neighborhood but I want it to sound better when I'm not.

830 WHP 700 WTQ, Whipple 2.9 @ 13lbs Boost, Flex Fuel Tune by Blevins Tuning, LSA SBE, 3.5 GripTec, ATI LS3 Damper, AFR 260cc Mongoose, ARP Studs, Yella Terra Ultralites, Johnson 2110R, BTR PDS Stage 3, Melling 10355, Improved Racing Baffle, ID1050X, DSX Triple Fuel Pump, RotoFab CAI, NW 103mm TB, Stainless Works 1-7/8" LTH to 3" Speed Eng w/ X-pipe to NPP, Powermaster 9509 XS, Detroit Speed Motor Mounts, MGW, Monster LT1-S, ZL1 Calipers, DBA Rotors & Pads, Bilstein B6 Struts & Shocks, BMR 1.25" Drop Springs & Adj Rear Bar, Pegasus Solid Bushings, Z/28 Wheels, other misc parts.
larry_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 02:33 PM   #42
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
lol I hear ya there!! Every time I arrive at a show or cruise everyone just stops and stares!! Then when I park and get detailing a crowd will form around us and start asking all kinds of questions, which of course I don't mind, lol. My buds there will always say, "I heard ya way before I saw ya!! " lol. The thing that gets a lot of attention is pretty much NOBODY around here has a cammed and stalled 5th gen, so people just flip out when they hear her idling around the parking lot!! Kinda cool.. And I agree with gunchamp, if you are on the fence about getting a Corsa, go for it you will NOT be dissapointed!!!
Same here. I pull into a car show and everyone stares. I have to say i like it lol. I think the wife even likes it.
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 9psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote