Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #29
RS_Man

Drives: '13 Sonic RS 1.4T M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i now know what i must do next winter.
Same here, wow does that look like fun!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #30
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
try this one...

That is way too cool...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #31
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Damn.

They were ready to race for pinks.
Or whatever color candy you have...
lol

Quote:
already beat him

Those big rims had to mess up his final gear ratio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
try this one...

TO much power..he cant get it to the ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS_Man View Post
LOL
It's not a game...lol
Quote:
ahh this kid pulled out the c500 :(

I may need a car length for this one
Old 05-26-2009, 07:07 PM   #32
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
That is way too cool...
i'm thinking he got the track pack
Old 05-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #33
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMaxx View Post
I sure hope so... given they are sporting decade+ (hint: my Supra was a '93) old technology. Then again, as soon as someone puts 500$ into the stock twins on the mkiv supra, they're pushing 400rwhp on pump. I do not recommend, unless you know the driver personally, screwing around w/ a mkiv... simply not worth the embarrassment risk.
I've seen plenty of mkiv Supras get whooped. The high HP ones are few and far between, and the majority are dyno queens.

As the old saying goes, what the speed difference between a 400WHP and an 800WHP Supra?? 400WHP, because they both run 12's.

Quote:
So was that a nod to the amazing value holding potential of the mkiv supra, or how inexpensive the SS is? Given that the RB series of skylines isn't available in the US, and 90% of any here are illegally on the ground (if it didn't go through motorex, it isn't legal - period) they are not something to really compare with. A tastefully done mkiv can run you damn near double the cost of an SS. Different stokes for different folks.

Enjoy the cars, have fun above all!
The only reason they hold their value is because ricers (idiots) are willing to pay ridiculous sums of money for these cars because they see them in the F&F, and they get relegated to a high status in the ricer community. It would be no different than someone paying $35,000 for a Camaro LT1 over in Japan, same idea. Obviously none of the cars mentioned are really worth anything close to those amounts.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:43 PM   #34
Fireball

Drives: Turbocharged
I have owned several muscle cars including a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 4-speed and a 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 automatic. My 2009 WRX will waste all of them (on wet or dry pavement):

More pictures here...
Old 05-26-2009, 07:48 PM   #35
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
A Muscle Car is an "experience" torque at low revs, a little chassis shaking, deep throaty soulful exhaust rumble
Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #36
MadMaxx
Master of the V6

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
I've seen plenty of mkiv Supras get whooped. The high HP ones are few and far between, and the majority are dyno queens.
I've seen plenty of <insert car here> get whopped.

If you think high HP supras are few and far between, you must live in the middle of no where. There are some dyno queens out there -- same as any car. The problem is, if you do happen to come across a non-stock supra (which is damn near all of them anymore), chances are he can and will even a mildly modified SS alive. Hell, there is a 500lb weight difference right off the bat...

Quote:
As the old saying goes, what the speed difference between a 400WHP and an 800WHP Supra?? 400WHP, because they both run 12's.
You know how many times I've heard that, yet couldn't get anyone to race me to find out? Heh...

Quote:
The only reason they hold their value is because ricers (idiots) are willing to pay ridiculous sums of money for these cars because they see them in the F&F, and they get relegated to a high status in the ricer community. It would be no different than someone paying $35,000 for a Camaro LT1 over in Japan, same idea. Obviously none of the cars mentioned are really worth anything close to those amounts.
Far from it. F&F *did* drive demand up -- but people pay the amount of money they do because the mkiv is a SOLID platform. Anyone who has ever turned a wrench on one would agree, those who balk haven't been around them. They will always have a very loyal following, and due to very small production numbers, coupled with legendary tuning ability -- they will never become "cheap".

While we're on the topic...most "ricers" can't afford a car that, for starters, will run you in the mid 20's for a good example. They stick to cheap cars because they are just that -- cheap. General rule of thumb: If they can't get financed for it, they typically don't buy them. Good luck getting 25K from a bank on a 15+ year old Toyota. The majority of Supra owners out there are guys in their late 20's or mid 30's, who also own some other high HP cars -- I know I sure did.

It's easy to spot those who have never been around a car they talk about
Old 05-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #37
Ninjak
Banned

Drives: 08 GT Mustang | 65 GT Notchbac
Have to agree with madMaxx...there are some Supra's down here in S.Fla that will C R U S H you. Hell do not even consider running them from a roll. There are Mitsu evo's on meth...WRX's on meth..all fast cars. Hell at my shop, we have a h22 civic, EO model, gutted and fully built. Yeah it looks like crap, but at the local 8th mile, it has taking plenty of people money.

Do not sleep on a import because you have a v8. I seen plenty of people get their ass handed by a 4banger.

And yeah a real Skyline ? My friend Hahn has a collection he brought from Japan with him. His top GTR, all wheel drive, with the steering wheel on the right....yeah...put your SS up against it..and the slink off when you are totally destroyed by it. That car is insane..its a marvel of technology from that period, and a few up dates, and a decade later, it still owns. I have seen him take vettes, porches, vipers, stangs and everything else. That car is just that sick and still turns heads on S. Beach.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM   #38
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjak View Post
Have to agree with madMaxx...there are some Supra's down here in S.Fla that will C R U S H you. Hell do not even consider running them from a roll. There are Mitsu evo's on meth...WRX's on meth..all fast cars. Hell at my shop, we have a h22 civic, EO model, gutted and fully built. Yeah it looks like crap, but at the local 8th mile, it has taking plenty of people money.

Do not sleep on a import because you have a v8. I seen plenty of people get their ass handed by a 4banger.
yeah, there's... well was a Colt around town owning a bunch of people. i can't remember any of the numbers on it, but it was legit (even though it loked like crap )
Old 05-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #39
Poundz9oh9

Drives: 06 Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob View Post
That's easy, muscle car wins every time. I saw a honda accord 4 cylinder trying to race a 2010 camaro on 75, hilarious.
Ok, lets keep it "in house" with a GREAT 4 cylinder platform ... the LNF

Cobalt SS/TC v. Camaro SS (from a 20-30 roll)?? ($24,000 v. $34,000)

Side note .... Anybody check out the 3 sec time difference on the 'Ring'?? Pretty impressive for a 4 banger!

Don't get me wrong ... I'm all for the Camaro and will one day have my own .. BUT, it IS NOT untouchable by a 4 banger by any means .. $2,000 more on the Cobalt would put it faster than the Camaro guaranteed ... and yes ..I know ..in the end you still have a Cobalt ...yadda yadda, just making a point
Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #40
Ferrarimk13

Drives: Hopefully a Camaro in a year
with money, you can do whatever the hell you want, if you want a 10 second camaro, whip out the bills. If you want a 10 second civic, do the same (or just sell the damn thing, and buy a camaro to begin with) =D. Everythings possible.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #41
Dangerzone

Drives: 2008 EvoX
What about this car?
AWD Motorsports Evo X.
This car ran 11.81@112.33 in 1/4 mile.

Parts:
Stock Turbo
93 Pump Gas
Tuned by Jestr
Buschur Intercooler / Piping
Buschur Intake
Buschur Exhaust NO CUTOUT Exiting the Rear
Stock Downpipe
NO METH or Water Injection
Tuned on Dynojet 424x ( NON LOAD BEARING DYNO )
100% Full Interior
Stock Tires

Old 05-26-2009, 10:01 PM   #42
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
ok i see yall's point i love evos and supras too but any 4 banger or staight 6 will be fast with turbos but lets see a n/a 4 banger that is street legal keep up with a n/a ss

ain't gonna happen

Closed Thread