Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
CamK22

Drives: 2010 v6 manual
One lingering issue, one new.

Hey guys,

Long time member here, but I have not been on this site in months as I have been kept pretty busy with school.

1) I own a 2010 LT M6 which is currently in storage and I would like to know if there has been a "fix" from GM/dealers through a TSB for the 2nd gear grind that I have been having since I bought the car. The car will be coming out of storage in April and would like to get this fixed once and for all.

If there has not been an official announcement in the form of a TSB, is there anything you guys have found that's fixed the issue that we can do ourselves?

2) The second issue I experienced last year when taking the car out of storage. The car is currently sitting in an unheated, poured concrete barn-ish space here in Canada. It started perfectly, (took all necessary precautions to winterize the engine), went into gear fine, but the car would not move. The front brakes were completely stuck. Ended up spinning the tires in reverse trying to get the damn things un-stuck. I had to end up getting a tow truck to come take it out of the barn, where my mechanic and family friend had to take the wheels off and separate the calipers from the rotors on the front only.

Any possible solutions to this when I go take it out in April? The e-brake is off, the car is in neutral. I'm assuming this happened because of the cold?

Thanks guys, sorry for the long post.

Cam
CamK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
No official TSB for the 2nd gear grind, but personally I've gotten good results with a modified clutch mastercylinder offered thru a C5 member you can read all about in the V8/V6 transmission forum in this post: Poll: Project clutch master cylinder/second gear grind ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
IDEALG

As to your stuck calipers, I'd suspect water contamination in the brake fluid possibly causing the problem and try bleeding the brakes.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quicky read the title and though it said "One lingerie issue"
Old 12-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
The brakes may have been wet when you parked the car and the rust or moisture may have made them stick. I had a truck I stored years ago and the drum brakes stuck to the shoes so bad I had to pound off the drums to get them free. I never found anything wrong but I did remember that I washed the truck and never drove it to dry out the drums. Since then I always make sure I get my brakes warm enough to dry off before storage.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #5
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Quicky read the title and though it said "One lingerie issue"
+1...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
CamK22

Hmm makes sense about the moisture. I washed it the day before I put it away both last time and this time but there was def more time in between storage this time.

Also, a dealer would void my warranty if I installed that part would they not?
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #7
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
My brakes once stuck like that from just sitting overnight after washing it. I always drive it & dry out the brakes after washing t but that day I was exhausted & lewt hubby finish it up & he didn't drive it. I make darn sure I drive it enough to be positive they are all dried out now.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #8
CamK22

Makes sense...I guess I will just try changing the tranny fluid to that Royal Purple stuff and see what that does
Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
CamK22

Hey guys,

Just checking to see if there has been a TSB for the 2nd gear grind yet or if dealers are starting to fix the issue?

I have been in school and the car has been in storage for the last 4 months so I have not had too much time to do research on the issue.

Any further help is appreciated