Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #57
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

After reading his post then reading this I was like WOW, talk about shattering the mood.
I will add this too, it's sad (nothing against you CamaroFan) how sue happy this world has become, no one can take responsibility or accept the consequences of their own actions or understand that things happen, and even if it's someones fault there are better ways to resolve the situation.
Well, to be honest, it is sad how naive some people are in this world too.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #58
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Hey,

Maybe you should reconsider your situation....you say you have been saving again and are about half way to your goal...that is $15K if your goal is $30K.....now add to that the Obama "clunker/junker" credit. I don't know what your existing car is but hopefully you'll qualify for some money.

Then add to that what your parents were already going to chip in now.....you ought to be upwards of $20K for a down payment. A new 1SS is $30K....you are now only financing $10-12K.....that is a very manageable payment at the rates being offered now by PenFed (3.99%) or any number.

You deserve the 1SS (or get the 1LT, it's a GREAT car) especially after the selfless act of kindness you did for her. You're a good person, don't ever forget that.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #59
McGruff

Drives: 98 Saturn
Quote:
I just pray that she will someday come back like everyone says she will try to.
No, that's a horrible idea. Have some self-respect and never look back. Once a cheater, always a cheater...that trust can never fully come back.
McGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #60
Paperer
Ragin' Cajun

Drives: '02 Camaro SS - '10 CGM 2SS/RS
Yeah, if you think like that, you'll be bummed forever. The best thing to do is go hang out with anyyyy girl. Immediately go out and get back in the game. I had this same thing happen to me (basically) you just have to say her loss and get stuff going with other girls. You might not want a relationship, but seeing and "seeing" other girls helps a lot. Just give it a try, and get back on your feet.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #61
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
far as im concerned you dodged a bullet. Trust me, this girl is getting whats coming to her. Karma does exist and hers just got all kinds of hella sour.
2000 (dealer received allocation):
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production):
3300 (scheduled for prod):
3400 (broadcast):
3800 (produced):
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped):
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #62
poinker

Drives: 98 Jeep Cherokee Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro noob View Post
So...yeah. Wow. It's been a while since I've been on this site. Lot of stuff has changed in the Camaro world I see.

So basically, I have been following the Camaro since the 5th gen concept was revealed 3-something years ago. And as the production model became more and more of a reality, I began to save up for it. I had everything planned out. 2LT/RS auto RJT with polished wheels and beige interior, spare tire and MAYBE a sunroof, maybe not. I even had the license plate picked out.

But a year and a half ago, I met a girl, and over time fell in love with her. She was my everything. Have you guys ever met a girl that gives you strength and purpose when you need it most and don't know where to get it from? Someone that you're not afraid to show your vulnerabilities and weaknesses to? Well that's who she was for me. I was a 19 year old kid who would imagine spending the rest of my life with her. I really did love her. I still do.

Last fall she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain. My world fell apart. The surgery was expensive, and her mom couldn't keep up. So I talked with her mom and gave my ENTIRE Camaro savings account to help her pay for the surgery. It really wasn't even a choice, it was just instinct. No regrets. She never knew I did that, and I think her mom respected my wishes and never spoke of it to her. I didn't want her to feel bad about anything. I didn't want her to ever feel like she owed me anything.

With God's blessing, she fully recovered. Our relationship continued to strive, and things were good. I started to rebuild my Camaro savings, I need about 30 grand for my dream car. As of right now, I am only about a little over half way there. Sadly though, I will need a new car this fall because I will be commuting to college and my current vehicle...uh...yeah...won't be able to stand the first day without blowing up spontaneously.

This past 4th of July, I found out that she was cheating on me with a 30-something year old divorced with kids broke and balding guy that she works with. She's 19. I don't really know how long it's been going on, but she was able to dump me and immediately begin dating him.

So. Yeah. The term "depression" doesn't quite fully express how I feel. My world is cold, my life empty. She was my everything, and she crushed me. I've been speaking with a councilor and she has working with me to basically start rebuilding myself. I need to find my own interests back again and follow them. That includes the Camaro.

So, I obviously won't be getting a 2010 model anymore like I wanted. I'm not interested in a convertible, so there really is not up side to this. Except for a few. I know that HUD and park assist are rumored, and white is coming soon, which is puurrrdy. Other then that, are there other things coming to the Camaro that some of you out there are waiting for? If I have to wait, I might as well have another reason to look forward to something.

Sadly I won't be getting a Camaro now for a few years. I need a car now and so I think my parents are going to help me out and get me a used Civic or something. But would any of you know of what might be planned in the Camaro's future? And/or know of where I can get 12 grand? Legally? I'm just a 21 year old kid looking for something to be proud of in life, and except for a future career that I am still working towards and my caring/supportive family, I don't have much else right now. Who knows, maybe the Camaro's future can help build me back up as well as GM too.
I hate women
poinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #63
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Sorry but she obviously wasn't "the one" and at 19 you don't know what you want even as much love as you may or may not be in. it obviously wasn't true love for her. I would tell her of the money you spent on her just to spite her and I'm a fairly nice guy I would hate to think of what a mean person would do.
I don't agree with that. If you are talking about the OP I believe he knew what he wanted. Why else would he of gave up that money? I am a year younger than him and I know what I want. I have had it all, and have lost it all, now I have it all again.

To the op, go out and hang with buddies to get your mind off of her. Walk with a pep in your step. You did something really honorable. You should be proud of what you did. You said you were a kid, but when you do things like this you are no longer a kid, regardless of age. If need be, be sad for a few days, but after that cheer up. What did you lose? not something that great apperantly. What did she lose? A lot. Remember that. It may hurt now, but once you find another woman and she makes you feel good, you will forget all about it.

I know when my first love and I broke up it was all mutual, and it had nothing to do with seeing other people, I wont lie, it hurt. Didn't believe I would find another woman like her. I didn't date for months. After a while I decided to "Get back on the horse." I had my share of fun. I am lucky enough to say now that I have found a woman I love with all my heart, and would do anything for her.

Point is, you have time, you will date some, you will get your heart broken again maybe, but in the end, you will find the one thats the world to you, and all the heart ache in the past is worth it. Keep your chin up man.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #64
Briscoe

Drives: 2000 Yukon Denali
C - Noob

You did the right thing. That separates you from many others. Life is short, and you saved one. Not everyone gets to do that. You were tested and you passed.

Forget about her . . . she was tested and she failed. This is a blessing to you. Just think if ya'll had been married with kids. At least ya'll didn't have kids that had to go through all that mess.

Finish school and become successful. That can be your revenge. She will be with losers her whole life.

As for the camaro, you'll get it when the time is right for you to have it.

Keep your head up.
Briscoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #65
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
You're not the first or last person to be screwed over by a girl/boy friend. It really sucks!!! Do not worry about the car, there will be plenty of them out there in the future and some really good deals on gently used ones. If you buy new in a year or two they will probably be improved over the 2010 so all is not lost. What ever you do, DON"T TAKE HER BACK!!!!!
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #66
camaro noob

Drives: 2009 Honda Civic
I've never really considered the militarty before. As of now, I have a career plan. And I'll be working as a phlebotomist to help get me through my last two years of college. If I was lost on a career path as well and hurting for money, then I would concider the military.

She says her mom knows and is ok with it. Her mom used to love and trust me so much, but now even she has asked me to not attempt to contact her daughter again. The thing is that her mom is VERY religious. Christian family. I'm East Indian. This new guy claims he is Christian and is able to put on a good show in front of her mom. So her mom prefers him over me for her daughter. Her dad walked out at a very young age. So a lot of people are telling me that she's looking for a father figure now in her life, and is going around the wrong way to get that.

I don't want you all to hate her. Please believe me, I really did love her for a good reason, not just her pretty face. I wish I could help her right now but I don't know what to do. I have my felt heart break before, but never like this. This is something else.

I do balme myself as well. She would work so hard to try and immerse herself into my culture. My grandma would teach her how to cook Indian food, she would go to cultural events with us, we would try to teach her how to speak Punjabi, she would go out on her own and get Sikh culture books and read them...you get the idea. But part of being East Indian means that you're just naturally shy about expressing emotions. Especially about love. Obviously I don't feel that way now. Her leaving me was one hell of a wake up call. It just wasn't soon enough for her. I was too afraid for too long to fully express just how I felt, and just how important she really was to me.

And there were differences that she didn't like. She likes to party. I don't. She likes to drink. I don't. She's told me before that when she drinks she gets "handsy" and "flirty" so I REALLY didn't want her drinking if I wasn't there. I told her she could still go but to drink moderately and if she wanted to get wasted I wouldn't mind going along and being her DD. But I did still wanted her to stop drinking. And she did for about 9 months. But lately I don't know what has happened. So confused.

I did look into the "Cash for Clunkers" thing. My current car was rated at 34 MPG. I don't know what it's at exactly now, but it's still up there. So that won't work. It's cool though. I will work on building better credit and saving more. I want getting this car to be the best experience ever, so I'll wait till the time is right. Thank you all again for your support and kindness.

Sorry for any type-o's. I'm trying to write all this on my phone...not easy.
camaro noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:15 PM   #67
DropTheGloves
Account Suspended

Drives: 2009 TT 335/2009 GSX-R 1000/ECT..
Quote:
I've never really considered the militarty before. As of now, I have a career plan. And I'll be working as a phlebotomist to help get me through my last two years of college. If I was lost on a career path as well and hurting for money, then I would concider the military.

She says her mom knows and is ok with it. Her mom used to love and trust me so much, but now even she has asked me to not attempt to contact her daughter again. The thing is that her mom is VERY religious. Christian family. I'm East Indian. This new guy claims he is Christian and is able to put on a good show in front of her mom. So her mom prefers him over me for her daughter. Her dad walked out at a very young age. So a lot of people are telling me that she's looking for a father figure now in her life, and is going around the wrong way to get that.

I don't want you all to hate her. Please believe me, I really did love her for a good reason, not just her pretty face. I wish I could help her right now but I don't know what to do. I have my felt heart break before, but never like this. This is something else.

I do balme myself as well. She would work so hard to try and immerse herself into my culture. My grandma would teach her how to cook Indian food, she would go to cultural events with us, we would try to teach her how to speak Punjabi, she would go out on her own and get Sikh culture books and read them...you get the idea. But part of being East Indian means that you're just naturally shy about expressing emotions. Especially about love. Obviously I don't feel that way now. Her leaving me was one hell of a wake up call. It just wasn't soon enough for her. I was too afraid for too long to fully express just how I felt, and just how important she really was to me.

And there were differences that she didn't like. She likes to party. I don't. She likes to drink. I don't. She's told me before that when she drinks she gets "handsy" and "flirty" so I REALLY didn't want her drinking if I wasn't there. I told her she could still go but to drink moderately and if she wanted to get wasted I wouldn't mind going along and being her DD. But I did still wanted her to stop drinking. And she did for about 9 months. But lately I don't know what has happened. So confused.

I did look into the "Cash for Clunkers" thing. My current car was rated at 34 MPG. I don't know what it's at exactly now, but it's still up there. So that won't work. It's cool though. I will work on building better credit and saving more. I want getting this car to be the best experience ever, so I'll wait till the time is right. Thank you all again for your support and kindness.

Sorry for any type-o's. I'm trying to write all this on my phone...not easy.

No one said they hate her. We said we hate cheaters in general. It sounds like you need to stop contacting her, or even trying before you end up with a restraining order against you. You said some things were you fault and after you explained I can see how she may have tried to push herself away from you, but it's still not an excuse to cheat. Bottom line, you need to delete her number, get rid of the stuff that reminds you of her, or that she gave you and move on. Its over. No gentle way to really say it, but like I said, ITS OVER between you and her.
DropTheGloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #68
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
I AGREE 100%...I believe in kharma and what you did was so pure and so noble that the goodness will be returned to you...maybe not right away, but please hang in there and use the love and support of your family and friends to hold you up while you heal from this heartbreak...:(
May God Bless You for your selfless act towards another human being and do not become bitter and cynical, but continue to "let your light shine"...
Get your college degree, keep your "eye on the prize" of owning your Camaro and you will buy it when the time is right for you to own it...
Be strong and do not lose faith in humanity, because of a selfish, immature act of someone that doesn't seem worthy of your love...
My son has been through a similar heartache and he is around your age, and out of that devastation, he has gained new friends and new situations that will probably be for the best for him in the long term...
I know this is a Camaro forum, but my heart just hurt for you and I wanted to let you know that this community of Camaro enthusiasts cares about each other and we are like "family", so I wanted to let you know that we are here for you...
Well put Donna!

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #69
Geno

Drives: 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT
Quote:
So...yeah. Wow. It's been a while since I've been on this site. Lot of stuff has changed in the Camaro world I see.

So basically, I have been following the Camaro since the 5th gen concept was revealed 3-something years ago. And as the production model became more and more of a reality, I began to save up for it. I had everything planned out. 2LT/RS auto RJT with polished wheels and beige interior, spare tire and MAYBE a sunroof, maybe not. I even had the license plate picked out.

But a year and a half ago, I met a girl, and over time fell in love with her. She was my everything. Have you guys ever met a girl that gives you strength and purpose when you need it most and don't know where to get it from? Someone that you're not afraid to show your vulnerabilities and weaknesses to? Well that's who she was for me. I was a 19 year old kid who would imagine spending the rest of my life with her. I really did love her. I still do.

Last fall she was diagnosed with a tumor in her brain. My world fell apart. The surgery was expensive, and her mom couldn't keep up. So I talked with her mom and gave my ENTIRE Camaro savings account to help her pay for the surgery. It really wasn't even a choice, it was just instinct. No regrets. She never knew I did that, and I think her mom respected my wishes and never spoke of it to her. I didn't want her to feel bad about anything. I didn't want her to ever feel like she owed me anything.

With God's blessing, she fully recovered. Our relationship continued to strive, and things were good. I started to rebuild my Camaro savings, I need about 30 grand for my dream car. As of right now, I am only about a little over half way there. Sadly though, I will need a new car this fall because I will be commuting to college and my current vehicle...uh...yeah...won't be able to stand the first day without blowing up spontaneously.

This past 4th of July, I found out that she was cheating on me with a 30-something year old divorced with kids broke and balding guy that she works with. She's 19. I don't really know how long it's been going on, but she was able to dump me and immediately begin dating him.

So. Yeah. The term "depression" doesn't quite fully express how I feel. My world is cold, my life empty. She was my everything, and she crushed me. I've been speaking with a councilor and she has working with me to basically start rebuilding myself. I need to find my own interests back again and follow them. That includes the Camaro.

So, I obviously won't be getting a 2010 model anymore like I wanted. I'm not interested in a convertible, so there really is not up side to this. Except for a few. I know that HUD and park assist are rumored, and white is coming soon, which is puurrrdy. Other then that, are there other things coming to the Camaro that some of you out there are waiting for? If I have to wait, I might as well have another reason to look forward to something.

Sadly I won't be getting a Camaro now for a few years. I need a car now and so I think my parents are going to help me out and get me a used Civic or something. But would any of you know of what might be planned in the Camaro's future? And/or know of where I can get 12 grand? Legally? I'm just a 21 year old kid looking for something to be proud of in life, and except for a future career that I am still working towards and my caring/supportive family, I don't have much else right now. Who knows, maybe the Camaro's future can help build me back up as well as GM too.
M heart goes out to you my young friend. I am 67 and have been through this twice in my life with two wives.
It's always darkest before the dawn and always remember, God has somthing better for you down the road.
My Grandpa told me many years ago and it is true, "When one door closes, another one opens".
Geno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #70
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Well put Donna!
Thank you...the words just came "spilling out of me" on to the computer and I spoke from my heart...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote