Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
Kevlar382

Drives: '12 ZL1; '71 RS/Z28; '99 Vette Conv
Vehicle Option Informatiom (Build Sheet)

I posted this a long time ago when I first got my 2012 ZL1. It is a build sheet on your car. If you send GM of Canada the VIN number of your car you will get a four page list of everything about it and the codes, ( not just the few options that could be ordered ). You also get 34 pages of info on everything about the ZL1 and 50 pages about the other Camaro's. It also tells you how many were your color and how many where M6s and Autos. Since the 1LE wasn't out yet there was no info about it but I would think it would be included now.
Sorry to repost this for the people you seen it before but I'm thinking that there are a lot of people that didn't have there 2013s and 2014s that don't know about it. There is a small fee for it , I think it was something like $73.00 US but the Build Sheet alone is worth it. It is different than the ones we got with our cars but I think it's good to have both.
If you are interested contact GM of Canada: 888-467-6853, 905-440-7618, 905-440-7618. Fax number is 905-440-7644. You can also email them at www.vintagevehicleservices.com. They will send you a form that you can fax back to them.
This is a great piece of Documentation to have on your car.
Kevlar382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #2
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevlar382 View Post
I posted this a long time ago when I first got my 2012 ZL1. It is a build sheet on your car. If you send GM of Canada the VIN number of your car you will get a four page list of everything about it and the codes, ( not just the few options that could be ordered ). You also get 34 pages of info on everything about the ZL1 and 50 pages about the other Camaro's. It also tells you how many were your color and how many where M6s and Autos. Since the 1LE wasn't out yet there was no info about it but I would think it would be included now.
Sorry to repost this for the people you seen it before but I'm thinking that there are a lot of people that didn't have there 2013s and 2014s that don't know about it. There is a small fee for it , I think it was something like $73.00 US but the Build Sheet alone is worth it. It is different than the ones we got with our cars but I think it's good to have both.
If you are interested contact GM of Canada: 888-467-6853, 905-440-7618, 905-440-7618. Fax number is 905-440-7644. You can also email them at www.vintagevehicleservices.com. They will send you a form that you can fax back to them.
This is a great piece of Documentation to have on your car.
This is great. However, I was hoping this would provide original build sheet info on my 1964 Corvette Convertible . . . But I can't find a place that covers that . . .
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:44 AM   #3
Kevlar382

Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
This is great. However, I was hoping this would provide original build sheet info on my 1964 Corvette Convertible . . . But I can't find a place that covers that . . .
GM in the US didn't keep any records that in know of. I think Canada did but as you know the Corvettes where built here in the us. I assume you checked above the fuel tank.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
I call it Vera

Quote:
GM in the US didn't keep any records that in know of. I think Canada did but as you know the Corvettes where built here in the us. I assume you checked above the fuel tank.
GM HAD records, but then there was a fire . . .

No, I haven't checked above fuel tank!!! I will do that.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #5
babigguy

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2015 Z51 vette 2005 gto
Did you check with the corvette museum?? http://www.corvettemuseum.org/
Old 03-17-2014, 09:30 PM   #6
I call it Vera

Quote:
Originally Posted by babigguy View Post
Did you check with the corvette museum?? http://www.corvettemuseum.org/
https://store.corvettemuseum.com/ser...buildsheet.asp

Quote:
Your Corvette Collection just isn’t complete without a copy of your build sheet and a reproduction window sticker! The National Corvette Museum offers build sheets and window stickers for any Corvette assembled in Bowling Green since the GM Plant opened in 1981.
Quote:

Q. How can I obtain a build sheet for a Corvette built in St. Louis?
A. We do not know. We have been told by General Motors that all records from the St. Louis Plant were destroyed in a fire after the Assembly Plant was re-located to Bowling Green in mid-1981.
Yes, and FIRE.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #7
Kevlar382

[QUOTE=I call it Vera;7501637]GM HAD records, but then there was a fire . . .

No, I haven't checked above fuel tank!!! I will do that.[/QUO

That's only with the Corvette's. If I'm not mistaken they did not keep any records of there other cars, except the ones built in Canada. I don't think there is any way to get build sheets on old Camaro's, Nova's, and the rest of there cars. Dodge and Ford did I believe and can tell you everything about your older car but I don't think you can tell anything about a GM without the build sheet it came with. I don't think they can even tell how many older Z/28's were RS's, how many were 4 speeds and how many were Auto's. I have the build sheet for 71 Camaro, my parents bought it new for me for my 16th birthday, but wish I could get more info on it.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #8
I call it Vera

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I call it Vera View Post
GM HAD records, but then there was a fire . . .

No, I haven't checked above fuel tank!!! I will do that.
That's only with the Corvette's. If I'm not mistaken they did not keep any records of there other cars, except the ones built in Canada. I don't think there is any way to get build sheets on old Camaro's, Nova's, and the rest of there cars. Dodge and Ford did I believe and can tell you everything about your older car but I don't think you can tell anything about a GM without the build sheet it came with. I don't think they can even tell how many older Z/28's were RS's, how many were 4 speeds and how many were Auto's. I have the build sheet for 71 Camaro, my parents bought it new for me for my 16th birthday, but wish I could get more info on it.
I can't wait to get to my Corvette in Storage now!!!
At least it's a way to check. I thought all hope was lost.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #9
WhiteyChev

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1. 1/94 produced.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2...ls/?refer=news
WhiteyChev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #10
Kevlar382

WhiteyChev, thank for taking the time to post this. It is very interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing how it compares to the original info I received with my car when it was bought new. It is a 71 RS/Z28 my father bought new for me when I was sixteen. I have the build sheet and all other documentation but have always wondered how many were built like. Maybe someday they can come up with that info.