Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM   #29
strtsol1109

Drives: ZTS pearl in autoflex
Where in the hell did you get a dealership to warranty a boosted motor?!? I just moved to Charleston with my IPF Camaro and wouldn't mind knowing just in case lol
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
strtsol1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:59 PM   #30
strtsol1109

Squealing is most likely the bearings, my stalling was corrected when I redid the pcv system to what elite posted in the Ipf thread
Full MBRP 3in exhaust, Vitesse TC, BBK LT, black iceolator, VMAX TB, vararam, LG coils, zl1 reps, zl1 front bumper, zl1 grille, zl1 rockers, CF Copo hood, CF trunk, gm blade wing, HAVOC diffuser, APR splitter, dipped SS calipers
Old 07-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #31
tlavoie87
Built Not Bought

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo LFX
thats awesome they took care of it for you ..

"Built Not Bought!'

Sponsors:
OverKill Motorsports
tlavoie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 04:23 PM   #32
W4rMach1ne

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT1
That is never good. Hope it works out.
W4rMach1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 09:26 PM   #33
Patrick864 RS

Drives: 2011 CGM IPF Supercharged LLT
It's the dealership where I purchased the car. Scenic Chevrolet in my hometown. They said if I'm in Atlanta and something happens I can just get it towed and they'll replace it like there isn't a sc kit on it. Just because I got the motor installed there. And thanks for the help on my problems. I'll tell them to look at the bearings! Can you help me out with a link to what needs to be done to the pcv? It's been a longggggg road and I'm so ready to have my car back at 100%.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:38 PM   #34
strtsol1109

Pcv fix is on the last page of the IPF thread, posted by elite engineering.

Boca bearings is who I went with, I got the angulars which were more expensive but have a loud straight cut gear whine to them which some might now like. They have regular bearings that are about just as good that won't be as loud (I didn't know before I purchased)
Old 07-30-2016, 01:41 PM   #35
strtsol1109

If you post a pic of your motor I might be able to give you some pointers that I did from the wiring you have, I'm no expert but I did a good bit of research and installed it all myself etc. you could also be running the wrong tune file (i.e. For long tubes if you don't have them or vice versa)
Old 07-31-2016, 02:55 PM   #36
Patrick864 RS

It's on and off though for the squeaking. I tried to locate where exactly it was coming from and it looked like the bearings for the belt. So I think you're right there. I'll have to let me know that it's the bearings and they hopefully can take care of it. I'll recommend the ones you said. Sorry to be a pain but can you post some links to the bearings and the thread? It would be a huge help.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:20 PM   #37
yellow69z28rs

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible Black
Send a message via AIM to yellow69z28rs
If I were you I would never buy another car from another dealer ever!!
That's the way they earn customer loyalty!!

Rag Top Rob
yellow69z28rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #38
Patrick864 RS

The dealership has been great. I wouldn't have wanted to go to any other one but them. Just some minor fixes and hopefully it'll be the last time I visit them for non oil changes until I trade in for a new Camaro haha
Old 07-31-2016, 10:23 PM   #39
strtsol1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
It's on and off though for the squeaking. I tried to locate where exactly it was coming from and it looked like the bearings for the belt. So I think you're right there. I'll have to let me know that it's the bearings and they hopefully can take care of it. I'll recommend the ones you said. Sorry to be a pain but can you post some links to the bearings and the thread? It would be a huge help.
Here is the thread, I would suggest not getting the angulars, if you want a video of how loud they are I will send you one. They would drone out a big cam ss chop. Just cal boca and tell them you want the same bearings (size,cut, etc) but not angulars, they'll know what you mean!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=IPF+bearings
Old 08-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #40
Patrick864 RS

Thanks man! Much appreciated. At first they didn't think it was the belt but today they removed the belt and the squeaking stopped so they are going to replace it and that'll hopefully be out of the way. Don't know about the stalling issue yet but I told them about the system. Now looking around to see where I can get it dyno tuned once I get out of the break in stage and I'll be good to go.
Old 08-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #41
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS View Post
Thanks man! Much appreciated. At first they didn't think it was the belt but today they removed the belt and the squeaking stopped so they are going to replace it and that'll hopefully be out of the way. Don't know about the stalling issue yet but I told them about the system. Now looking around to see where I can get it dyno tuned once I get out of the break in stage and I'll be good to go.
There is a service bulletin on the belt, They have to change it to a poly belt if I remember correctly.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:28 PM   #42
strtsol1109

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooCool5 View Post
There is a service bulletin on the belt, They have to change it to a poly belt if I remember correctly.
SC belt and OEM belt are different!

Edit*** didn't see he got a 0 mile motor so probably no sc installed yet

Last edited by strtsol1109; 08-02-2016 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Duhhhh