Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
454lsxss

Drives: 07 Scion tC. for now...
Who's holding out??

Is anyone else just waiting for things to clear up?? It seems like there will be so many cool things coming out for the Camaro over the next year. (including the vert[and possibly the Z28]) With only a very few options available at the moment, and only orange interior inserts, who is holding out for cooler stuff? I personally wait patiently for the carbon trim && victory red inserts on the interior...and HUD of course...Just kinda seems like this whole ordering process was rushed together at the last moment to me.
454lsxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #2
camarokidz28

Drives: 1996 z28
I'm wating for 2011 and I'll buy the top dog then
camarokidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I'm waiting. Not only for options...I don't exactly have the money yet. I'll either end up with a late-build 2010 or early 2011 model.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
I tried to until I couldn't get any sleep last night. Ordered at lunch today.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
ls3ss

Drives: 70 LS5 Chevelle SS
I'm waiting for the vert with a HUD now. Hoping it will be a Z28 by then.

I tried to order a Silver 2SS/RS one on Monday - dealership was clueless, tried again Tuesday, left a deposit and requested in writing to get msrp or better. On Wednesday they finally responded that it would certainly be over MSRP at which point I had them shred my paperwork and deposit check.

ok, i'll let you all work the bugs out of the first year, but I will be so jealous when you get yours first.

Last edited by ls3ss; 10-16-2008 at 10:24 PM. Reason: typo
ls3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarokidz28 View Post
I'm wating for 2011 and I'll buy the top dog then.
So you'll be getting an SS/RS then?

I'm sure many are like me and are waiting to be financially able to order one.
I'm sure that anyone who has to have a convertible is waiting for that to come out.
I don't think all that many people are waiting just for the HUD option.
I don't think anyone is waiting for new colors to be offered in subsequent model years.

However, I'm sure that many of the people who are waiting for financial reasons feel that as long as they have to wait anyway, they might as well wait until HUD or maybe some new exterior colors are offered.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
blackZbandit

Drives: BLACK ON BLACK 2012 CAMARO SS
I'm in a bittersweet situation. Because my wife is going back to school full time I'll have to support our household by myself. Also my current car wont be paid off untill the end of next year so I plan on saving up around $20k for a down payment and purchase in 2012. The bitter part is waiting, the sweet part is that the 2012 MY should have a special 45th anniversary edition to pick up and that's what I'll be getting!

****Thanks to Silver Streak for the pic I used to make this sig****
blackZbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Like I said in a previous post, I'm going to wait till probably next year. Prices will surely be lower, and who knows? I may find a gently used 2SS M6 that the previous owner ended up not being able to afford. It needs to be Victory Red at any rate. I've never had a car that says LOOK AT ME! I'M RED, WHASSUP?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #9
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
I have the money and desire for the car, but this pricing over MSRP has been a real turnoff. I have never owned a GM product and was looking forward to this car. That said, with the absurd pricing and absolute cluelessness from the majority of dealers I now plan to wait and drive the 370z and Genesis coupe as they will all be out at the same time. If I love the Camaro then I will wait until prices come down, and they always do. If the economy continues in its current state with credit hard to get for most, GM may have a hard time moving these cars after the intial frenzy is over.

It will be fun to see how this all turns out.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #10
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
I have the money and desire for the car, but this pricing over MSRP has been a real turnoff. I have never owned a GM product and was looking forward to this car. That said with the absurd pricing and cluelessness from the majority of dealers I now plan to wait and drive the 370z and Genesis coupe as they will all be out at the same time. If I love the Camaro then I will wait until prices come down, and they always do. If the economy continues in its current state with credit hard to get, GM may have a hard time moving these cars after the intial frenzy.

It will be fun to see how this all turns out.
Are you kidding me? We have a huge list ont his board showing dealers that are selling at or below MSRP. Do you really think that GM is going to lower the price if the car over time? Have you looked at what the 93 Z/28 sold for compared to the 97 Z/28? Now is the best time to buy it if price is of concern.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #11
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Do you really think that GM is going to lower the price if the car over time? Have you looked at what the 93 Z/28 sold for compared to the 97 Z/28? Now is the best time to buy it if price is of concern.
Um, yeah? Just like with every other car. The exception would be of course something that had a very limited build, which I would not classify 100K a year as. In fact as soon as you sign the papers on your new car it drops in value.

A car generally isn't something that appreciates in value.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 AM   #12
Hylton

So you are talking about buying used. I thought you were talking about year over year new car sales. Nice thing about buying the car now is that everyone who gets the car this spring gets a free year of depreciation out of them.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #13
Pushing_Tin

Drives: 2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Are you kidding me? We have a huge list ont his board showing dealers that are selling at or below MSRP. Do you really think that GM is going to lower the price if the car over time? Have you looked at what the 93 Z/28 sold for compared to the 97 Z/28? Now is the best time to buy it if price is of concern.

Unfortunately none of those dealers are remotely close to me. If any of my local dealers weren't complete loser douchebags I'd probably order one. That said, I buy a new car every 1-3 years and have never purchased one that I had not driven or seen in person.

And yes, after the excitement of this car wears off the price will drop below MSRP. We are talking 100k units or more a year, that is hardly exclusive. Further with the crap economy and tightening rules and availability of credit the pool of potential buyers has been diminshed. Remember the Pontiac GTO, PT Cruiser and Plymouth Prowler all started out as high demand vehicles, but after the small percentage of hard-core buyers had their cars prices returned to more reasonable levels.
Pushing_Tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:45 AM   #14
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast

Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
I plan on getting the second model year JUST IN CASE there are quirks with the first year. Gives GM a year to straighten em out. Also, gives the aftermarket time to grow, and the possibility of the Z28 to come out. LOL!!

In addition to that, i'm working on my finances and want to be able to put a sizeable downpayment on her.
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote