Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #43
d4rknezz

Drives: Camaro LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Also, I agree... dealer is an idiot. Yes, mistakes may happen but if you can't get this right, you have no business servicing cars. Pay attention to what you're doing. Also, the service advisor who suggested this should be questioned.

I'm sure the OP was charged for this service. Hope he gets history back.

Oh well. I brought it in - the new service advisor looked perplexed, then showed me to her boss, who looked at my car - apologized, and told me he'll take care of it.
Its all fixed now, only took a few hours of my life, all good, lots of apologies thrown my way.
They were always nice anyway - and once in a while throws in a car wash for me.

Though I came back to the board now and realized you were right - I was charged for it back then. Oh well! how much would it have costs, buried with the rest of cost for the half year maintenance? Hope it wasnt a big chunk of it, lol. I guess I need to start learning more about my own car besides how to drive it.

Though this whole fiasco got me to create an account on this forum - good to see so many helpful people around!
d4rknezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 PM   #44
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Do what other people seem to always do.

DEMAND! a brand new car as a replacement with a 1000k 100year full warranty included AND a brand new set of wheels/tires of YOUR choosing.

PLUS!
DEMAND that the offending dealer be put out of business for all eterninty including any past, present, or future relatives of anyone working at the dealership.

OR

Simply have them put the wheels/tires on the proper locations and move on.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #45
Jim968

Drives: 2018 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Who imagines the left wears out quicker or slower than the right?
Unless you are driving on an oval and seconds in a pit stop mean something.

Do you ever see a race crew rotating tires?

We all make rights and lefts.
Actually any car that is tracked should do side to side swaps to prolong tire life if the tires are not directional. You don’t see the pros doing it because they have big budgets and new tires are almost always faster. It’s not just ovals either. Most road courses are clockwise and therefore will have more right hand turns than left. One track that I go to frequently has 8 right hand turns and only two left hand turns. If you don’t swap side to side on a regular schedule you’ll cord the left side tires while right side tires still look pristine.

For cars that only see street duty side to side rotation is probably not necessary. Maybe if you regularly push it hard on exit/entrance ramps that are all in the same direction. Other than that I don’t see it. If in doubt a simple visual inspection will tell you if one side is wearing more heavily than the other. If so go ahead and swap ‘em.
Jim968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #46
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Rotating side to side is a waste. That's why I said what I did. Side to side wear should be consistent with each other unless your car is out of whack. No need to rotate side to side.
Even wearing of the tires, through proper rotation, helps keep your car from going out of whack. Properly balanced wheels/tires also contributes.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #47
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
From the factory, you are correct.

However, many people put directional tires on after the factory ones are through.

And at that point, reading the first line in the manual would indicate not to rotate the tires.
That's why I said "factory RS tires". What someone puts on after the fact is on them to know how to properly care for them.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #48
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
I wonder if it helped true your tires....I'm gonna run out and have mine rotated too
hunter1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #49
erik13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS
i think we're being trolled...
erik13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:50 PM   #50
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Left to right is what the manual calls for. However...I would not do that. Most rotations involving same-size tires are front to rear.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:21 PM   #51
d4rknezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik13 View Post
i think we're being trolled...
Well, I did take a picture before I left this morning. You can see the front is larger...and if you turn your head around, you'll make out the faint 245 on the rear.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #52
d4rknezz

ack..whats that scratch at the bottom. >_<.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #53
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Hey on a ss the front and rear calipers require different spacing of the rims...the offset to clear the calipers as the rears are larger.....Thus when i installed my new wheels the rear wheels are wider and have a larger amount of backspacing.....20mmm front vs 30mm rear to clear the brakes........
SO I know your a v-6 I hope you have no problem with say scratches to the calipers.....I doubt it as you have been driving it. Just a little known fact that hey the rims in the rear are wider and have a different backspacing for a reason....My fronts will not fit the rear without rubbing my calipers or maybe not even turning...........And hopefully its different on a v-6 as your calipers may be the same size..or have enough stock backspacing to clear.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #54
d4rknezz

Um...

I dont know what those are. Checked it online, something to do with my brakes? I think my brakes are fine. I've been driving it for months with the tires reversed after all...
Old 06-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #55
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rknezz View Post
Um...

I dont know what those are. Checked it online, something to do with my brakes? I think my brakes are fine. I've been driving it for months with the tires reversed after all...
I put about 4000 miles on mine before I found out about it. I did see any damage the rims or calipers. The V^ does not have the large calipers like the V8 has so the rims will clear with out any problems
Old 06-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #56
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYDLIFECRISIS View Post
Left to right is wrong also. On my car, they are staggered and directional.
The P zeros are directional? I couldn't find the rotation arrow.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote