Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: What Is Your Z/28 Purchase Status?
Serious buyer - done deal! 21 21.88%
Half-Assed buyer - sure I have a deal...lol 3 3.13%
Lazy buyer - Later! Leave me alone! 16 16.67%
Hoping buyer - PLEASE please I hope I can! 56 58.33%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #99
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkorgan View Post
My thoughts exactly. It is an F1 suspension. I think I will stick with that...just sayin...
There is no reason to modify the ZL1.
The 1LE is such a great track car it doesn't need any mods.
The Z/28 is the perfect track car and can't be improved upon.

The Z/28 does not come with these.

What you get is a strut that looks much like all other 5th Generation OEM struts with vastly superior operation. It is fixed valving that was tuned at the factory and operates like the four way adjustable coilover in the picture. Mark Steilow and the Camaro TEAM are very bright people with incredible levels of expertise in setup. They have done outstanding work on the Z/28, but they left a few crumbs for us

So are the guys at Porsche, but people still buy stuff like this

for cars like this.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:29 AM   #100
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
World be interesting To know how many of the 16 serious buyers will still go ahead with this purchase.

crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #101
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crangie View Post
World be interesting To know how many of the 16 serious buyers will still go ahead with this purchase.

I actually thought it was going to be 85 so this is pretty good news to me.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #102

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Four would be my only hope....Maybe if the economy crashes, a winning lottery ticket, some guy has to sell one cheap, gets in over his head or whatever...No way I'm in now with an unknown price, etc....

Not gonna drive myself crazy over the whole thing, but will stay tuned for what happens in a year or so...will there be a '15 model...will there be a 6th Gen on a different platform, etc...a few factors that may have me looking more seriously down the road....
Here's my old bs....

75K makes it more plausible....A lot less than I first guessed...Still, big, big, decision to go that much for the track, or get more "mileage" out of the SS at the track....Getting a Z/28 right now would be pre-mature for me....but if I pile up the SS, or keep on tracking, I will consider it down the road....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #103
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Something to consider is what is your driving skill level? Can you even realistically use the performance of the Z/28? For the price difference between it and a 1LE you can buy a LOT of tires and brake pad replacements and enjoy a terrific track car for years before you hit the $75k mark.

The Z/28 is an awesome car but I think they really intend it to be part of a new manufacturer championship series that is yet to be announced.

Just my 2 cents.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #104
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Something to consider is what is your driving skill level? Can you even realistically use the performance of the Z/28? For the price difference between it and a 1LE you can buy a LOT of tires and brake pad replacements and enjoy a terrific track car for years before you hit the $75k mark.
Words of wisdom.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #105

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post

The Z/28 is an awesome car but I think they really intend it to be part of a new manufacturer championship series that is yet to be announced.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
Words of wisdom.
I hear ya....Got a ways to go before I hit track-rat status....and I'm having a blast with the SS on the track now....for sure the Z/28 is something to work up to in order to enjoy it's full potential....

....But from what I've seen so far 75K isn't unreasonable at all for what the Z/28 gives you at the track....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #106
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
I for one am happy the price is only $75k means more to spend on mods when it get here.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #107
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
...not at the announced price, I'll keep my ZL1 for sure....that's an over the top MSRP range, I am dissapointed. Really bummed...
Old 01-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #108
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...not at the announced price, I'll keep my ZL1 for sure....that's an over the top MSRP range, I am dissapointed. Really bummed...
So what would you feel would have been a reasonable price since it has been known since the Z/28 was announced that it would be the most expensive street legal Camaro ever?
Old 01-03-2014, 10:23 PM   #109
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
....dude, we hashed this all out over and over for many a moon....my dealio is I am out, and I know you had no skin in the game. So, I had everything to loose, and you had nothing to benefit or gain other than running your jib.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #110
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
I am bummed as well. Not because I think it is priced too high, but because I was really contemplating about trading in the Roush for a Z28. I don't track any of my vehicles and I only take them out once in a while when the weather permits. I barely use the radio and the A/C, so it would be fitting. And,..to have a street mannered race car.
I am eager to see some owner/dealer pics!