Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #43
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall of Fame View Post
Heck GM sold 2.9 million vega's from 71-77 and was motor trends car of the year..
Except for the rust and the engine problems, I don't see your point.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:49 AM   #44
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I traded a Cobalt in on the Camaro. Yes, the Camaro seems large compared to the Cobalt. Is it a problem? NO. The damn Cobalt was too small. I'm not a teensy lady, and my Camaro fits me perfectly. These guys who have problems with how large the Camaro is should just go buy a mustank and enjoy life in the Ford Lane.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #45
the Kolektor
Patiently waiting....

Drives: 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Big is beautiful?!?!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:27 AM   #46
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Its just right, My SSE Bonneville is large.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #47
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Wait wait wait,....................................:facepalm :
the guy thats been bashing all the V-6 owners, whose parents buy everything for him, and trashes those that dont buy American.... hmmmmmm......interesting... Sure mommy will let you run the rags out of her 328i....

Wanna stack your 328i 6 cylinder European Rattle box up against my overly large and chunky overweight Camaro.... Road course, Drag race, mile, etc... let me know....
Did he ever prove he had a Camaro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by born-to-fish- View Post
throughout the history of the camaro and mustang, the camaro has always been a heavier car.
More of it to love.....
Also check the history, check the dimensions of this Camaro to 1st gens, within inches of them. Put next to my 68 almost the same size. The styling makes it look big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
We measured the garage bays to make sure it would fit before buying it - it IS large! It's almost as long as my husband's Silverado, and longer than my Montero. No complaints, though... Thankfully, the garage had plenty of room - I'd hate to leave her outside!!
The Silverado has gotten smaller over the years, remember a Cadillac was HUGE, now they seem to be midsize cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRILLSMASHER View Post
The size is perfect why would you want anything smaller. the camaro is sexy. and who gives a sh$# what the people write they probably cant afford one.

As for the post about the ss being a turd, id love to see what that douche drives probably a scooter. not to mention you know people love the new camaros i see heads turnin everyday never gets old. hehe
If this is your first Camaro you may think it is big, especially if you are coming from a SUB-compact but it is actually just the right size and I did not notice any difference from my other Camaros.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #48
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
just like fat women.. fat cars need loving too..
Dznts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #49
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Drives: Bumbleblue
Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADLS3 View Post
The Camaro is a god damn tank. And it can do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds. I don't see a problem with that.

Want a small sports car? Buy a Miata!!!

I love my Camaro tank
Old 02-24-2011, 11:33 AM   #50
PhoenicianB
Beep Beep.........

Drives: Bumbleblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Define a lot of complaints. If you really researched it, you would find it is a very small percentage of people that this bothers. This car looks great, handles great and rides really, really great!!

Agreed
Old 02-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #51
SuthrnSS

Drives: 17' Silverado, 09’ C6
Just wanted to chime in and mention, the camaro is a big and heavy car, hence the term "muscle" car. I just recently drove an SS, auto (dont laugh lol) and compared to my 350Z it didnt seem as responsive as my 350. Is the manual and auto totally different driving as far as getting on the gas? I really love the SS and am very much considering trading my Z in for one, a black one!

Just need to drive it a bit more to make a final decision. It is definitely much heavier turning quickly compare to my 350 as well, which is expected, as they are both totally different animals.
SuthrnSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #52
AK Mike

Drives: 1951 Chevy Pickup 2010 Camaro
Large? Heavy?

Compared to anything smaller/lighter; yes. Compared to anything bigger/heavier; no. Just depends on your point of view, eh? Not too large, not too small, not too heavy, not too light.....juuussst right! (For me!)
AK Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:43 AM   #53
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
It's all relative. I'm looking at my lowered 2SS right now parked between a Dodge Caravan and a Chevy Silverado. It looks absolutely miniscule in comparison. Next in line is a Chevy Avalanche, a Pontiac GXP and an old S-10. My Camaro and the S-10 look about the same size. All the others are bigger cars to me.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:06 PM   #54
outlaw2

Drives: 12 SS/RS Conv, 66 Impala SS Conv
The F-14 was big and heavy but it did the job Well and had power to spare,besides how many pilots bitched about the size? 0nly the F-5 pilots who where dual qual...The Camaro is big if you drive a GEO metro and is small if you drive a 65 Impala, but it was made with a Mission to do and Does it do the mission that you bought it for? Cubic inches is where SIZE matters,you either have it and can handle it or go back to playing with HotWheels cause its all Relative anyway
Old 02-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #55
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
It's definitely all relative. My last vehicle (which I traded in for my 2SS/RS) was a 2007 F-150 Supercab with a 6 foot bed. I got used to parking my truck in the garage, and got used to the huge amount of space it took up. Now when I park my Camaro in the garage, in the same spot where the truck used to be, it seems pretty small to me.

Honestly, I think it is exactly the way it is supposed to be. It's not a "sports car" (which should definitely be smaller and lighter, if it was), it's a "muscle car" (so it's supposed to be bulkier and beefier). The Camaro is exactly the way it should be. Well, it could do with losing a LITTLE bit of weight, of course, but the size and the fact that it's a heavier car is just because of what it is. A muscle car.

I think it's perfect, and mine turns heads and gets plenty of compliments wherever I go.
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #56
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
A lot of the articles I've read in magazines and online, along with many, many posts from people in this forum mention that the Camaro feels really large. I simply don't agree with that, to me the car seems just right. I have a full size Yukon XL and that feels like a big vehicle. Being a little larger I think helps the ride in the Camaro. I rented a Mustang a couple of years ago and that car beat the living hell out of me. Horrible riding car, cramped, and uncomfortable seating. The Mustang felt small and cheap.

Why do people think the Camaro feels big?

Russ
I just turned in an RX-8 and yeah, my new Camaro feels double the size.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote