Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-06-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Sticky suggestion

Shouldn't there be a sticky for all of the performance mods that will not effect your warrenty? Sounds like a good idea to me. I dont want to void my warrenty with all of the problems that these cars seem to have.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:43 AM   #2
Raptor626
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
It would be a good idea, however there's one major issue that some members will run into: asshole dealers. Sure you could slap on a cold air intake, but what if your dealer happens to be anal enough to void your warranty over it? Case in point. A lot of new 5.0's have been plagued by a crappy Chinese manufactured tranny. Because of this Ford doesn't want to see any modifications done to the cars whatsoever. They're already dealing with a high volume of faulty transmissions and are using other mods as a scapegoat to cover their asses.

I'm not saying all GM dealerships are like this, however, it's always good to check with your dealer anyway.

That brings me to my point: A sticky that covers all the mods that will not void your warranty seems like a wasted effort since it could mislead a lot of people and get them into some serious shit when it comes to getting warranty work done.
Raptor626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
We have a search function that work really well. Your question, along with best CAI, best exhaust, and best LT's have been asked several hundred times.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote