Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #323
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
i used a 970X3 i dont think they sell them yet.

they really do...like a metallic candy

real men can wear pink and not be bothered by it i know they will also have a few more colors.

to expand on the braking ability...my auto coming off banked nascar turns 1 and 2 slowed down enough to make 2 very low speed 90 degree turns. repeatedly and without quit. i was faster than a ctsv fully gutted and fully modded race car on slicks at every point in the track. partly due to my confidence in my car and the ease a which i could out brake things. i dove around him a few times in corners much to his unhappiness.

the install is easy as pie! took longer to bleed one of them than it did to get car on ramps, wheels off, install calipers and put wheels back on.
Pink matches your eyes perfect!

In all seriousness though, the calipers looked awesome! Didn't get a chance to ride with Blake at this track but he was very happy with his setup and seemed to out brake everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Great job from beginning to track report RacingBrake is fortunate to have you as a spokesperson.
Now only if he could learn to clean his car
Old 08-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #324
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Great job from beginning to track report RacingBrake is fortunate to have you as a spokesperson.
sounds like a job haha. i wish you could drive these...or the 6 pots when they are done with them. i know you have an eye for awesome and would appreciate them. next is suspension and losing weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Pink matches your eyes perfect!

In all seriousness though, the calipers looked awesome! Didn't get a chance to ride with Blake at this track but he was very happy with his setup and seemed to out brake everyone.

Now only if he could learn to clean his car
thanks bud...i am going to buy pink racing slippers just to blow your mind. also my car has a half inch of adams products underneath all the brake dust, rubber, and track (off track) dirt
Old 08-17-2013, 05:40 AM   #325
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Those red anodized calipers look great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Ssshhhhhh they are really pink! Blake's favorite color!
If pink makes him feel pretty, who are we to judge?
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #326
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
If pink makes him feel pretty, who are we to judge?
Ha ha got to jab him in the ribs!! He gives me plenty of chit!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #327
SSSoon

Drives: RY 2011 2SS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSoon View Post
Bought a set of open slot front rotors from RB, plus a pair of their XT910 "light duty" track pads (in between a track pad and a street pad). Figured this would be an upgrade from OEM.
So just in case anyone is thinking of buying these pads - I took them to the track for one weekend (eight 20-25 minute long runs) plus 3 months of street use and they are down to nothing. Have never had pads wear out that fast. So in addition to not hauling the Camaro down fast enough, they also wear out very quickly.

Just in case anyone was thinking of buying some

Pete

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
SSSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #328
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
So just in case anyone is thinking of buying these pads - I took them to the track for one weekend (eight 20-25 minute long runs) plus 3 months of street use and they are down to nothing. Have never had pads wear out that fast. So in addition to not hauling the Camaro down fast enough, they also wear out very quickly.

Just in case anyone was thinking of buying some

Pete
What did you replace them with.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #329
SSSoon

Quote:
What did you replace them with.
Hawk DTC-30 front and back. I am looking for something to straddle a bit between street and track, and these are good from 100-1200 degrees, apparently.

So far I have found that buying different pads and driving them is a good way to learn what I like and what I don't. Not quite bedded yet but definitely way more torque/grab than the RacingBrake XT910.

Dry sump LS7, cage, JPSS suspension, Wilwood brakes, fire suppression, ARH 3" headers/exhaust, Z/28 DSSV coilovers, Kirkey seats, TeamTech 6-point harnesses, 19" Forgeline GA3R, 325/30R19 Re11 tires, oil cooler, monster JPSS splitter/wickerbill, CAI, brake ducts.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:13 PM   #330
JusticePete

Quote:
Hawk DTC-30 front and back. I am looking for something to straddle a bit between street and track, and these are good from 100-1200 degrees, apparently.

So far I have found that buying different pads and driving them is a good way to learn what I like and what I don't. Not quite bedded yet but definitely way more torque/grab than the RacingBrake XT910.
Are you four pot or six pot fronts?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #331
SSSoon

Quote:
Are you four pot or six pot fronts?
OEM calipers but Racing Brake front rotors and OEM rotors in rear.

Old 10-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #332
JusticePete

Quote:
OEM calipers but Racing Brake front rotors and OEM rotors in rear.
I think you'll be pleased when you get them on track.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #333
SSSoon

Quote:
Will be on Shenandoah Circuit at Summit Point in two days. Lots of twisties. Thanks again for the help with the alignment! Gonna be fun.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #334
SSSoon

Quote:
What is it with me and brake pads?

Put the DTC-30's on, squealed like a banshee, went and bedded them in and the squealing mostly went away, and what remained was much quieter. Drove around town for a few days - all good.

Got to Summit Point, and after the 3rd run of the day I can't believe how loud the brakes are at low speeds. Coming in under 30 mph they are way louder than when I first put them on, and lower in tone too. It almost sounds like it is metal-on-metal but there's plenty of pad depth there. Looks like quite a lot of pad material on the rotors. Really scratching my head on this one.

Anyone ever had that happen?

Pete

Old 10-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #335
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
My brakes are always noisy. Loudest when driving home from track for sure. Lots of metal in the form of dust is everywhere which i cant imagine not contributing to the noise.

You should see some of the looks i get when driving with track pads...people think i destroyed my car hahaha. Anyways with your mods listed in signature and what you talked about here you need noisy brakes
Old 10-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #336
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I have found that the Hawk pads from HP+ and higher track pads all squeel a lot at slow speed stopping....the Cobalt Friction pads I have now are occasionally noisy, and throw off tons of brake dust, but are definitely quiter than the Hawk pads I have had....still trying to get some of that dust off from when I was racing in the rain and didn't wash it off timely....