Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #253
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Who cares about that #%+&$/. Even saying his name is a waste of time.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #254
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Who cares about that #%+&$/. Even saying his name is a waste of time.
Yep... them suckers can't even keep up with a lowly 1LE in the turns!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #255
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Yep... them suckers can't even keep up with a lowly 1LE in the turns!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-15-2013, 09:07 PM   #256

Drives: Getaway Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rich dude View Post
for those saying 4 seconds quicker is not much really don't understand what it takes to shed seconds off a lap time once you've reached these incredible times!!

not only that but look at the cold wet weather, not sure if it would run 7:20's but I can garuntee in 70 degree weather with a dry track it would knock at least another 3 seconds off and that puts into Koenigsegg territory!! Seriously, a 3800lbs car thats rear wheel drive and only costs $70K. Wheres the BMW's, Fords or any other rear wheel drive car? Not even close!!
Very proud moment for me

You are right. Look, on the Z/28 GM "shed" over 300 lbs, got rid of all the creature comforts, gave it wild rotors and tires. Now, granted, its a great great N/A motor; Now.... look at the ZL1 with ALL its weight. Hell, what do you think would happen at the ring if you simply gave it the 305 tires in the front? Don't even worry about the rotors etc etc etc. Seems both cars are KILLERs and with the ZL1 you certainly have a TRACK CAPABLE car (with 305's, maybe as track capable as the Z/28) and you have a DRAG STRIP car too. GM is truly tweaking out the Camaro line to finish up the Gen 5. I wonder what the new Generation of engineers is up to and if the heritage will continue......?? Or are we at the Pinnacle for a few years? Something tells me we are at somewhat of a Pinnacle for the Camaro. THREE BRUTES .... (1LE) is terrific performance/value!!!

Last edited by *007; 10-15-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: 3 Brutes for sure!
*007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #257
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by *007 View Post
You are right. Look, on the Z/28 GM "shed" over 300 lbs, got rid of all the creature comforts, gave it wild rotors and tires. Now, granted, its a great great N/A motor; Now.... look at the ZL1 with ALL its weight. Hell, what do you think would happen at the ring if you simply gave it the 305 tires in the front? Don't even worry about the rotors etc etc etc. Seems both cars are KILLERs and with the ZL1 you certainly have a TRACK CAPABLE car (with 305's, maybe as track capable as the Z/28) and you have a DRAG STRIP car too. GM is truly tweaking out the Camaro line to finish up the Gen 5. I wonder what the new Generation of engineers is up to and if the heritage will continue......?? Or are we at the Pinnacle for a few years? Something tells me we are at somewhat of a Pinnacle for the Camaro. Two BRUTES ....
1LE = 3 BRUTES thank you
Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #258
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
If you canceled your Z/28 order, now would be a good time to call or email your dealer.

There is a wealth of information that came out of the media day at Milford got the Z/28. Some on the record. Some off the record. The six seconds are not guess work or hypothetical. There is more in the car than people think. My best guess is a return to the Ring will produce lap times just under 7:30. I'll let the media step in because I am not sure what is on the record or off the record.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:19 PM   #259
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If you canceled your Z/28 order, now would be a good time to call or email your dealer.

There is a wealth of information that came out of the media day at Milford got the Z/28. Some on the record. Some off the record. The six seconds are not guess work or hypothetical. There is more in the car than people think. My best guess is a return to the Ring will produce lap times just under 7:30. I'll let the media step in because I am not sure what is on the record or off the record.
Very Cool!
Old 10-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #260
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...t-nurburgring/

To date, the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the Dodge/SRT Viper are the only American cars to set faster marks. Chevy says the Z/28 completed a total of more than 1,000 miles at the track, never needing more than 8 mins to complete a lap despite running into heavy traffic at times.

The time is kick ass no matter what, you can't take this away from the fact. However, after 1000 miles this is the time to publish...I am sure it can do better and I am sure it will, but why this time, do they want to publish this as a wet time and not out do other GM platforms?

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Unless you PREFER the ZL1 with all the goodies and very capable of shaving time too...... with very little lowering....
Old 10-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #262
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Unless you PREFER the ZL1 with all the goodies and very capable of shaving time too...... with very little lowering....

You can add the radio and A/C and I doubt it would change the time too much. Other than that, what does the ZL1 have that would make the Z/28 so unbearable to drive?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #263
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/...t-nurburgring/

To date, the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the Dodge/SRT Viper are the only American cars to set faster marks. Chevy says the Z/28 completed a total of more than 1,000 miles at the track, never needing more than 8 mins to complete a lap despite running into heavy traffic at times.

The time is kick ass no matter what, you can't take this away from the fact. However, after 1000 miles this is the time to publish...I am sure it can do better and I am sure it will, but why this time, do they want to publish this as a wet time and not out do other GM platforms?
They are not worried about stepping on the toes of the Corvette if that's what you mean. I have seen that quoted here somewhere.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #264
alex70olds
~~*~~

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #141
Quote:
It comes down to preference. I think the ZL1 could have shaved some time off too, but that is all speculation. I prefer the ZL1 as I drive it daily, over 17K miles so far. If I was tracking, and the 6 seconds could indeed be trimmed, wow! Two different cars, but even comparing times of a daily driver with a Z28, Win WIn!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
You can add the radio and A/C and I doubt it would change the time too much. Other than that, what does the ZL1 have that would make the Z/28 so unbearable to drive?
Nobody said the Z/28 would be unbearable to drive. Don't put words in mouth please. Bad Habit! That said, that being YOUR perspective and assumption I can only say your feelings may be derived from the Z/28

It's lower to the ground... much more likely to get road damage
Harsher Ride: Like riding on a go kart.... try it for a trip somewhere.

Other than that... I guess you can turn up the radio volume in the 28 in order to compensate for all the road noise due to no insulation.

Both cars are at the Pinnacle of design ---- and you can add the 1LE to that (minus the HP). It seems to me that you may be able to tweak 3.8 more seconds out of the ZL1 at the ring with the bigger tires however. So, then what is the difference? Both cars are track capable. And they both may be equal with a little tweaking. I mean, look, even the Z/28 gets a CAI that the ZL1 was NOT blessed with. Imagine what just a couple bolt of tweaks would do to make these top tier Camaro's equal!!

Last edited by *007; 10-16-2013 at 05:53 AM. Reason: clarity!!
*007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #266
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex70olds View Post
It comes down to preference. I think the ZL1 could have shaved some time off too, but that is all speculation. I prefer the ZL1 as I drive it daily, over 17K miles so far. If I was tracking, and the 6 seconds could indeed be trimmed, wow! Two different cars, but even comparing times of a daily driver with a Z28, Win WIn!
You can take those six seconds to the bank when the Z/28 is back at the Ring.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014 camaro z28, 2014 camaro z28 forum, 2014 camaro z28 forums, 2014 chevy camaro z28, 2014 z28, camaro z/28, camaro z/28 forum, camaro z/28 nurburgring, camaro z/28 nurburgring time, camaro z28, camaro z28 forum, camaro z28 forums, camaro z28 nurburgring, camaro z28 nurburgring time, chevy camaro z28, chevy camaro z28 forum, chevy camaro z28 forums, new camaro z28, new camaro z28 forum, new camaro z28 forums, z/28 forum, z28 forum, z28 forums