Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #43
BRZN

Drives: 2012 1LT
I do some work for Adam's through the summer at Carlisle Events. We demo on cars picked from the show or for sale field.

I want a car that's in decent shape but will easily show before's and after's of our polishing work.

While walking the field looking for a vehicle I look for darker colors; reds, blacks, dark blues. Also guys using a California Duster, those just happen to be the cars with the highest amount of light scratches and surface marring. Just sayin'...

On my vehicles I want a liquid that will help to lift the surface contaminants, that also includes a good mix of lubricants and cleaning agents to get the dirt off, not just move it across a dry surface. Adam's Waterless Wash, or his Rinseless Wash mixed as instructed on the bottle as a Waterless Wash are my favorite choices. Of course a premium microfiber towel too.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:13 AM   #44
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
I just discovered Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere, and on my pollen-laden black Camaro, it worked awesome. Here is the thread WITH pics.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:27 PM   #45
camaro2ss/rs

Drives: 2ss/rs
i just used a california duster..then used detail spray and then wax my car... i went very lite with the duster car is black.. it was all storage dust from the car sitting almost 2 weeks.. look good under that dreaded storage light where you can see every thing on a black car.............covered it should be all good to go on sunday anyone else do this on there black car
camaro2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #46
Sheriff Justice
If your not 1st your last

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS / RS
IMO a California duster is fine as long as you apply no pressure to the paint. Hold the wood handle / base about 2" above the surface and let the cotton strands hang down and do the work (hanging strands should be the only object touching the paint). A quick touch up with a good brand waterless wash and a super plush Everest 1100 and that's it.

I see people using the California duster as a 'scrub tool' to remove road grime / dirt from the sides and hood. Using it that way is where you will scratch the paint. HANGING STRANDS ONLY!