Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-10-2011, 12:45 AM   #15
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I am considering the same thing. I am modded though a little already and my car should go for a little more based on looks alone. I still have my warranty so I will have no problem there.

If I do get a ZL1 I will probably wait til next summer. I will owe around 20K on my SS by then and probably can get at least 30k for it private sale. I say wait for it!

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:23 AM   #16
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I'm keeping my SS and sending it to Lingenfelter for the 650HP package. My SS is special to me.....we have bonded so to speak. It's the first car that I have owned that I have put so much of my own time and sweat into modding.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #17
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
I'm keeping my SS and sending it to Lingenfelter for the 650HP package. My SS is special to me.....we have bonded so to speak. It's the first car that I have owned that I have put so much of my own time and sweat into modding.
I remember my first car - Piece of Junk - but I loved her. She got me to all the clubs!! And I still picked up chics.

On another note - in case you didnt know (or maybe you do but some others may not) - putting 650HP in your SS still won't equal to what the ZL1 can do. Just a quick FYI. But that 650 will make your car very fun
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 AM   #18
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
I remember my first car - Piece of Junk - but I loved her. She got me to all the clubs!! And I still picked up chics.

On another note - in case you didnt know (or maybe you do but some others may not) - putting 650HP in your SS still won't equal to what the ZL1 can do. Just a quick FYI. But that 650 will make your car very fun
.....eeeeerruuuuummmmaaah....did u just say picked up CHICKS?!!! I hear what ur saying as for how fast or what the ZL-1 will do versus a 650HP modded 2SS.....however, I'm not trying to race no one and I don't do the track thing.....well not anymore...lol! I did all that back in my Ricer days. I'm holding out for the new Vette as my next American Muscle purchase.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:11 AM   #19
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
.....eeeeerruuuuummmmaaah....did u just say picked up CHICKS?!!! I hear what ur saying as for how fast or what the ZL-1 will do versus a 650HP modded 2SS.....however, I'm not trying to race no one and I don't do the track thing.....well not anymore...lol! I did all that back in my Ricer days. I'm holding out for the new Vette as my next American Muscle purchase.
Hey sue me I'm pretty old - and what they really were I don't want to say in this thread.

As for me - I stopped the 1/4 mile years ago when I was introduced to Road Course and AutoX. Had a lot of fun in my C5 Vette(430 rwhp) at some Road Course and AutoX events. Since the zl1 beat the zo6 on the Nurburgring - Its the cheaper choice option for me.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:16 AM   #20
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Quote:
Hey sue me I'm pretty old - and what they really were I don't want to say in this thread.

As for me - I stopped the 1/4 mile years ago when I was introduced to Road Course and AutoX. Had a lot of fun in my C5 Vette(430 rwhp) at some Road Course and AutoX events. Since the zl1 beat the zo6 on the Nurburgring - Its the cheaper choice option for me.
Lol....nah actually I made the picked up CHICKS comment because I thought u WERE a chick. I was going by the profile pic...lmao!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:26 AM   #21
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Lol....nah actually I made the picked up CHICKS comment because I thought u WERE a chick. I was going by the profile pic...lmao!!!
Yeah I still be able to get chics if I looked like my wife. She gets hit on my guys and girls.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:40 AM   #22
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Quote:
Yeah I still be able to get chics if I looked like my wife. She gets hit on my guys and girls.
that I do believe...lol!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:47 AM   #23
payne.jeremy82

Drives: 2002 Lifted Trailblazer
Quote:
This is along the lines of what i was going to say on this topic if you love your SS mod away if your uncertain and can afford it go for the ZL1 by the way Lingenfelter is the way to go thats where my ZL1 is going as soon as i get it for there 700+hp* package
*as estimated from cts-v lsa platform
payne.jeremy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #24
assasinator
1 n the head,2 n da chest

Drives: 2002 cadillac deville
IMO you cant mod a SS enough to match a ZL1. theres more to it than a power number. it will actually get the power down. revolutionary in the US auto market.
2011GT E85, Kooks 1-7/8", 3" offroad X, 2-7/8" overaxles, Roush mufflers, CobraJet intake, SCJ monoblade throttle body, drew 4.5" CAI, Boss302S exhaust valve springs, Baby CobraJet exhaust cams. 3.73 gears, lightweight 300A. 455rwhp @7800/410rwtq SAE 5000lb roller dynojet
assasinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #25
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX2BU View Post
If I had a ZL1 i would mod it anyways so there goes the warranty. I would rather save some money and have a MUCH better performing car that I can take pride in because I built it myself. If you have money to burn and know you do not want to mod the car at all, go with the ZL1.

BTW, when was the last time you heard a car guy say "This car has more than enough power/handling, I'm not doing anything to it." LOL
How do you figure you can save money AND have a MUCH better performing car? I'd say that applies for the drag strip only. If you want a car that performs as well on a road course you will be spending almost as much if not more than the ZL1’s MSRP. If you want a car that performs on the strip, track, and street you can’t beat ZL1’s value IMO - even if it ends up being $60k.

Drag Racer: Modify the SS.
Road Racer: ZL1. Even if you can bolt on parts for less, you can’t match the engineering and tuning GM has put into the ZL1. Consider the ZL1s Downforce, MR Dampers, Steering, Brakes, etc....
Strip / Street / Track: ZL1. No contest. The ZL1 can literally transform from a cruiser to a race car with its 5 performance modes controlling steering, suspension, and traction control.

P.S. I'm a car guy and I'm not going to do anything to my ZL1.
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #26
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
ZL1 FTW
^this^ + GM warranty = WIN
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:43 AM   #27
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Get the ZL1. you wont regret it. The SS is awesome, but come on. the ZL1! just my $.02.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:56 PM   #28
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasinator View Post
IMO you cant mod a SS enough to match a ZL1. theres more to it than a power number. it will actually get the power down. revolutionary in the US auto market.
See, what most don't get is when someone says they can build a better performing car they don't mean they are trying to build a ZL1 clone. Just a car that will perform better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
How do you figure you can save money AND have a MUCH better performing car? I'd say that applies for the drag strip only. If you want a car that performs as well on a road course you will be spending almost as much if not more than the ZL1’s MSRP. If you want a car that performs on the strip, track, and street you can’t beat ZL1’s value IMO - even if it ends up being $60k. .

Drag Racer: Modify the SS.
Road Racer: ZL1. Even if you can bolt on parts for less, you can’t match the engineering and tuning GM has put into the ZL1. Consider the ZL1s Downforce, MR Dampers, Steering, Brakes, etc....
Strip / Street / Track: ZL1. No contest. The ZL1 can literally transform from a cruiser to a race car with its 5 performance modes controlling steering, suspension, and traction control.

P.S. I'm a car guy and I'm not going to do anything to my ZL1.
This is true for stock cars and even tuner built cars, but I'm talking about personal built cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
^this^ + GM warranty = WIN
Some people don't care about warranty.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote