Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-10-2017, 02:46 PM   #1
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Talking BMR Suspension 5th Gen Drag Race Project - OFFICIAL BUILD THREAD

Since 2010, BMR Suspension has had a Camaro project car that was named Trilo-G. The car has been used for a variety of high-performance purposes over the years, and after much discussion in the office, the decision has been made to change directions a bit.

BMR's product line is primarily designed for street performance but has crossover into the drag race and handling world. With the purpose of the project being to have a multi-use vehicle, it performed extremely well across the board, but never truly excelled in any one area. Well, that's about to change.

BMR's 2010 Camaro will become the company's first truly purpose-built project car. Being that we have multiple cars that lean towards the handling side of the performance world, this project will be a full-blown drag race build.

Although much of the details have yet to be ironed out, a few things have already been purchased. The engine combination is a 427ci LS7-based engine capable of making over 2,000hp. The engine will be force-fed air by a pair of 76mm Borg Warner billet wheel turbochargers. The engine is topped with an awesome custom ported LS7 Holley Hi-Ram intake.

As all the pieces start coming together we will update the thread. You can also count on lots of pictures and video as everything progresses. Our goal is to put the car solidly in the 7-second range with the factory IRS. We think this is absolutely obtainable, but we know it is going to take a lot of hard work! Check back on this thread to follow the journey!
Attached Images

BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:17 PM   #2
CGbambam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
So this mean more 5th gen products possibly ?
CGbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #3
BMR Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGbambam View Post
So this mean more 5th gen products possibly ?
It is certainly a possibility! We are not saying yes or no at this point. Above all else, the car is an R&D tool. That being said, it's certainly a strong possibility that revisions to existing products and the development of new products might happen.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #4
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
It is certainly a possibility! We are not saying yes or no at this point. Above all else, the car is an R&D tool. That being said, it's certainly a strong possibility that revisions to existing products and the development of new products might happen.
It would nice to see a tubular/lightweight front k-member option. I don't if it's feasible on this car, but I ran one of yours on my previous set up (98 TA) and it saved a lot of weight and also cleared up some much needed space.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
BMR Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
It would nice to see a tubular/lightweight front k-member option. I don't if it's feasible on this car, but I ran one of yours on my previous set up (98 TA) and it saved a lot of weight and also cleared up some much needed space.
Yeah, we know we can certainly add a lot of room and remove a bunch of weight. The problem is last time we looked at building one, the sale price would be pretty high and we weren't seeing the demand for it. At this point I think it's something we should look into again.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Tech View Post
Yeah, we know we can certainly add a lot of room and remove a bunch of weight. The problem is last time we looked at building one, the sale price would be pretty high and we weren't seeing the demand for it. At this point I think it's something we should look into again.
The other thing that held us up was the size of a K-Member for this car would have necessitated it being shipped by Truck Freight.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #7
CGbambam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
The other thing that held us up was the size of a K-Member for this car would have necessitated it being shipped by Truck Freight.
Well if y'all need another 427 TT car to test it out on, don't hesitate to ask lol.
CGbambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:19 PM   #8
miller8907

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS LS3
Any updates on the project? Looking to do some upgrades. Shooting for 9s.
Old 06-18-2018, 02:07 PM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
the car is at a Chassis Shop getting Full Cage and Chassis re-inforcements installed

BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 05:11 PM   #10
johnnyb305mia

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
Excited to see this.
johnnyb305mia is offline   Reply With Quote