Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-19-2008, 12:06 PM   #1
ChevyBoiSS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
2015 Chevrolet Chevelle Concept

I think it would take about 5 years for the Camaro hype to die once again, lol sorry but its true. At this point i would expect the Impala to be dropped from the lineup and clear the way for another Historian in the Chevy Lineup..

Guys what would a NEW Chevrolet Chevelle SS Concept look like???

BIGGER THAN A CAMARO, AND MORE ATTITUDE. I always thought the Chevelle looked like it had more Attitude.

Thinking bout Victory Red 1SS/RS with Matte Black Custom Stripes. Automatic Transmission (L99)
and apparently a $900 dollar whole in my roof.

OHH.. DID I MENTION 24" off THE GROUND?!
ChevyBoiSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
WooooHoooo!!!!

A 6000 lb. Chevelle would be cool!!!
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
WooooHoooo!!!!

A 6000 lb. Chevelle would be cool!!!
I love the Chevelle. The best way for it to succeed is to take the G8 sedan and build it off of that. It would have to have some retro appeal for the comeback to be any good. The weight issue would be a big one, so performance would have to be better than the motor in the Camaro, which would mean more V8s and less obedience to federal guidelines and regulations for overall manufacturer fuel efficiency, including CAFE. A limited production, high-performance Chevelle SS would be pretty amazing, but I just don't see it happening unless it is also built on the Zeta platform, it shares a lot of components with the G8 and Camaro, and it has low production numbers.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #4
fastfret7

Drives: 2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I love the Chevelle. The best way for it to succeed is to take the G8 sedan and build it off of that. It would have to have some retro appeal for the comeback to be any good. The weight issue would be a big one, so performance would have to be better than the motor in the Camaro, which would mean more V8s and less obedience to federal guidelines and regulations for overall manufacturer fuel efficiency, including CAFE. A limited production, high-performance Chevelle SS would be pretty amazing, but I just don't see it happening unless it is also built on the Zeta platform, it shares a lot of components with the G8 and Camaro, and it has low production numbers.
Yeah, and as long as it's not a 4 door either....Charger anybody?!?!

In my garage:
2003 Ford Focus SVT EAP in Infa-red 1 of 101
1970 EL Camino 454 SS w/ 4 speed muncie Red w/ Blk stripes
2010 2SS/RS Camaro w/hurst 6 spd in black on black w/red rally stripes

fastfret7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
ChevyBoiSS

The Chevelle would be alot LIGHTER due to technology advances!! cmon guys they would be next gen parts in this car making it alot lighter probablly a little faster than the Camaro. I dont think lots would be big enough for both the Camaro and Chevelle. Thats why the Chevelle would come back once the hype died for the Maro.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:35 PM   #6
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyBoiSS View Post
I think it would take about 5 years for the Camaro hype to die once again, lol sorry but its true. At this point i would expect the Impala to be dropped from the lineup and clear the way for another Historian in the Chevy Lineup..

BIGGER THAN A CAMARO, AND MORE ATTITUDE. I always thought the Chevelle looked like it had more Attitude.
A Chevelle would be great, but Impala will never be dropped from the lineup. If anything, the Malibu will take its place and the Impala needs to grow into a full size Avalon competitor.
Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 PM   #7
ChevyBoiSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
A Chevelle would be great, but Impala will never be dropped from the lineup. If anything, the Malibu will take its place and the Impala needs to grow into a full size Avalon competitor.
The same thing i thought about the Monte Carlo that it would never be droppped but mysteriously it was, do you think it was to clear the way for the Camaro??

I think that and that it was basically the same car as the Impala... i expect a fullcomeback of either of these cars. Chevy needs to get back to the good ol days.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:16 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
The Chevelle would be alot LIGHTER due to technology advances!! cmon guys they would be next gen parts in this car making it alot lighter probablly a little faster than the Camaro. I dont think lots would be big enough for both the Camaro and Chevelle. Thats why the Chevelle would come back once the hype died for the Maro.
The Camaro is supposed to be the benchmark of GM technology right now. If this car isn't lighter, I guarantee you the Chevelle will have the same weight problems.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 PM   #9
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
0-60 in ~ 4 seconds and it has a weight problem?????????????????????
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 02:34 PM   #10
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:

Are you Kidding? Drop the Impala so a car that doesnt have the history can have its spot? as far as history goes you need a lesson, the Impala has been around since 1958....so it isnt going anywere
Old 10-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfret7 View Post
Yeah, and as long as it's not a 4 door either....Charger anybody?!?!
you can of gotten a 4 door Chevelle just like a 4 door Buick skylark (which was the same body)

I highly do not think that GM will bring back the Chevelle there is not much left of that line but the Malibu, which at the time of the Chevelle just a package of the chevelle. Todays Malibu is a family car & not that well liked one until this current generation of it.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #12
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I can tell you for certain, what GM needs to stabilize market share and return to profitability is NOT retro large muscle coupes. Yes having the Camaro along with the Corvette as halos is very important, but if GM really wants to succeed what they need are no-excuse, great value, great reputation, bread-and-butter family sedans like the Cruze, Malibu, and Impala.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #13
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Don't hate, but I'd honestly rather see the Chevelle come back than the Camaro; I've always liked them a ton. The 1970 Chevelle SS with the 454 is the holy grail of muscle to me.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 05:33 PM   #14
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
As long as it looks like the 70-72 model.