Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #183
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Wimpy kids, ya? Tell that to the children ducking bullets. Kids in downtown Los Angeles have higher levels of stress than their peers in Baghdad...
Old 01-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #184
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
Wimpy kids, ya? Tell that to the children ducking bullets. Kids in downtown Los Angeles have higher levels of stress than their peers in Baghdad...
Ya, cause 30 years ago LA was peacful and serene.

But, fine. The kids dadging bullets are an exception. Sheesh
Old 01-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #185
Rtoups

Drives: RJT 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ya, cause 30 years ago LA was peacful and serene.
Haha true that.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:26 PM   #186
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtoups View Post
Haha true that.

No doubt, there are still pockets of 'Resistance' to the sissifying of our kids, but for the most part it's been an all out sissyfest as far as how we do it. Not sure if it's just the weaker elements of society gaining a voice, or all the freaking 'It's got to be SOMEONES fault' law suits.

My kids still climb trees, jump ramps, and play king of the mountain in theri own way.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #187
getarz4u15ster

Drives: Camaro RJT 2SS/RS
I remember having BB gun fights with my buddies in the neighborhood when i was a kid

Taking sling shots, and shooting marbles (or ball bearings) at animals cats dogs whatever

helping my dad take a customers car up to the muffler shop at age 13 because he didn't have anyone else to help him drop it off ( you would be thrown in jail for that now)

trying to get into the cool club of with neighbor hood guys by making up a pretend baseball team and going around to neighbors asking for donations to raise money (the money was really going toward building a fort or tree house and playboys, to which we raised $300 bucks only for my brothers dumb ass telling my parents then having to go back around to all the neighbors and give the money back, and tell them i lied. WHERE IS THE GENIOUS OR INNOVATION OF KIDS THESE DAYS... WE WERE ENTREPRENEURS BACK THEN, THINKING THE WAY OUR GOVERNMENT THINKS NOW, CROOKS!!

Oh and attach a duct taped row of 8 m100 firecrackers to the back of a fire house door at night while they were a sleepng and delay the fuse with a cigarette till we had enough time to get away and listen to the metal doors sound like a ak47, let me tell you!!! those door flew open so fast and fire trucks come flying out there so fast..... lol those were the good ole days..
Manley Race Valves
Comp Chromoly push-rods
Ported T/B
DT Headers, JBA H/F Catted mid pipes
Magna Flow Comp series exhaust w/ Xpipe
Comp Custom grind Cam
Tune and Machine work done by MPC
CAI Intake
getarz4u15ster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #188
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

No doubt, there are still pockets of 'Resistance' to the sissifying of our kids, but for the most part it's been an all out sissyfest as far as how we do it. Not sure if it's just the weaker elements of society gaining a voice, or all the freaking 'It's got to be SOMEONES fault' law suits.
It's partly the "someone elses fault" syndrome that has taken over our society. Look at the reaction to the Tuscon shooting.

It's also the "childhood problems are a disease" mentality that parents buy into. Some children spend their entire childhood drugged by their parents.

Overshadowing all that is the "nanny state knows what's best for you" solution to everything. Sadly, most people buy into this to one degree or another. Even here, most people would say "the government HAD to bail out GM, it was for the greater good."

No one is allowed to "fail" in the nanny state. Just ratchet that down to the individual level and it plays out in how children are raised. Every law, every regulation, every PC program foisted upon the American people is billed as "for the children" or "the greater good".
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #189
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Boulder dash anyone?
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM   #190
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Gauntlet!!!!!!!!

I had that on NES.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM   #191
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getarz4u15ster View Post
I remember having BB gun fights with my buddies in the neighborhood when i was a kid

Taking sling shots, and shooting marbles (or ball bearings) at animals cats dogs whatever

helping my dad take a customers car up to the muffler shop at age 13 because he didn't have anyone else to help him drop it off ( you would be thrown in jail for that now)

trying to get into the cool club of with neighbor hood guys by making up a pretend baseball team and going around to neighbors asking for donations to raise money (the money was really going toward building a fort or tree house and playboys, to which we raised $300 bucks only for my brothers dumb ass telling my parents then having to go back around to all the neighbors and give the money back, and tell them i lied. WHERE IS THE GENIOUS OR INNOVATION OF KIDS THESE DAYS... WE WERE ENTREPRENEURS BACK THEN, THINKING THE WAY OUR GOVERNMENT THINKS NOW, CROOKS!!

Oh and attach a duct taped row of 8 m100 firecrackers to the back of a fire house door at night while they were a sleepng and delay the fuse with a cigarette till we had enough time to get away and listen to the metal doors sound like a ak47, let me tell you!!! those door flew open so fast and fire trucks come flying out there so fast..... lol those were the good ole days..
I remember stuff like that. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
It's partly the "someone elses fault" syndrome that has taken over our society. Look at the reaction to the Tuscon shooting.

It's also the "childhood problems are a disease" mentality that parents buy into. Some children spend their entire childhood drugged by their parents.

Overshadowing all that is the "nanny state knows what's best for you" solution to everything. Sadly, most people buy into this to one degree or another. Even here, most people would say "the government HAD to bail out GM, it was for the greater good."

No one is allowed to "fail" in the nanny state. Just ratchet that down to the individual level and it plays out in how children are raised. Every law, every regulation, every PC program foisted upon the American people is billed as "for the children" or "the greater good".
It takes a village......
Old 01-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #192
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
You all have some good ones from back in the days I got a few more that sprouted up on me that I always loved back then......

head to head football!!

Now days kids go to McDonalds and Subway and stuff for lunch even down to lunchables.......I remember when I carried one of these ............................

I know you all had one of these!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 03:14 PM   #193
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
You all have some good ones from back in the days I got a few more that sprouted up on me that I always loved back then......

head to head football!!

Now days kids go to McDonalds and Subway and stuff for lunch even down to lunchables.......I remember when I carried one of these ............................

I know you all had one of these!!!
I had a Knight Rider, GI Joe, Transformers and Dukes of Hazzard lunch boxes. I'm sure I had more, but thoe are the ones I remember clearly having.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 PM   #194
Berean

Drives: Truck
Sorry, I have to throw in a different perspective, but don't take it personal.

At our elementary school, carrying a lunch box was like telling the other kids: Please knock the lunchbox out of my hand, toss me in the mud, crush the lunch box, and hit me in the face with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Girls could get away with a lunch box. Boys carried their lunch in a brown bag, and even they were few and far between. Life was much easier if your parents ponied up the 50c per day for a lunch ticket.
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #195
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berean View Post
Sorry, I have to throw in a different perspective, but don't take it personal.

At our elementary school, carrying a lunch box was like telling the other kids: Please knock the lunchbox out of my hand, toss me in the mud, crush the lunch box, and hit me in the face with my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Girls could get away with a lunch box. Boys carried their lunch in a brown bag, and even they were few and far between. Life was much easier if your parents ponied up the 50c per day for a lunch ticket.
It was just the opposite in our Elementary school. The kids that didn't have one were made fun of for not being cool. Life was so simple then.....
Old 01-26-2011, 04:05 PM   #196
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Anyone remember Kangaroo shoes with the pointless zipper pouch?