Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 06-06-2015, 08:11 PM   #155
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
True . The differences are right about the weight of a full tank lol.

I don't get everyone going around claiming they know the weight of the car better than the people who built it ( ford ). And why in gods name would they want it to appear heavier?

A base 2015 mustang gt manual lightest possible option with a full tank of gas and all fluids topped off nothing taken out of the car is 3705 lbs. Curb weights mean full tank of gas/ fluids/ equipment.
And the manufacturers list the base car. It's always been this way.

Shipping weights, private owner ... Blah blah....any weight not reflecting fords is a result of scales being off, user error or fluids/ gas not full. Or it's just plain bullshit/ lie.

Never understood the obsession.

The 2015 mustang is a 3700 lb car stripped and over 3800 loaded. They need to accept it and move on. It's also painfully obvious with no strait line accel gains over last year with a 15 hp gain. They are actually slower from the research I've done.

I never once tried weighing my 2010 to try and prove otherwise/ lie to myself.
Some people lol
I agree with the weights. It is what it is. As for it being slower than last years model in a straight line, well it traps 2 MPH faster than previous models. It does look to have issues hooking up, but it will still pull at the top end. You can see it in the 1/4 mile and 0-150.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #156
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by khell86 View Post
I agree with the weights. It is what it is. As for it being slower than last years model in a straight line, well it traps 2 MPH faster than previous models. It does look to have issues hooking up, but it will still pull at the top end. You can see it in the 1/4 mile and 0-150.
It does seem to trap a bit higher on average.

Just watched a couple private owner races and the older model pulled away.

It's probably a toss up imo.
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:25 PM   #157
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
I don't think the old GT is faster but I don't think its slower either when comparing option group for option group.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:14 AM   #158
ULTRAZLS1

All things equal I'd probably bet on the 15 in a roll race and the 14 from a dig.

Technically I should have said the 14 seems quicker not faster.
Old 06-08-2015, 08:53 AM   #159
ecoswag1990

Drives: 2015 Mustang EB Performance Pack
Quote:
True . The differences are right about the weight of a full tank lol.

I don't get everyone going around claiming they know the weight of the car better than the people who built it ( ford ). And why in gods name would they want it to appear heavier?

A base 2015 mustang gt manual lightest possible option with a full tank of gas and all fluids topped off nothing taken out of the car is 3705 lbs. Curb weights mean full tank of gas/ fluids/ equipment.
And the manufacturers list the base car. It's always been this way.

Shipping weights, private owner ... Blah blah....any weight not reflecting fords is a result of scales being off, user error or fluids/ gas not full. Or it's just plain bullshit/ lie.

Never understood the obsession.

The 2015 mustang is a 3700 lb car stripped and over 3800 loaded. They need to accept it and move on. It's also painfully obvious with no strait line accel gains over last year with a 15 hp gain. They are actually slower from the research I've done.

I never once tried weighing my 2010 to try and prove otherwise/ lie to myself.
Some people lol
Thank you! I had a big argument with some unrealistic GT owners over on M6G and I brought up these exact same points and all the guys who bought base models and wanted to cite major weight savings as a benefit to not having any creature comforts jumped on my case
Ford Racing Catback
ecoswag1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #160
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
I'm really hoping that in 2017 when we get the 50th anniversary for the Camaro we get a new "aniversary" ZL1 or Z/28 that will have an upgrade to the already good Alpha chassis and 600+ horses. I think we are about a year and a half away from a monster Camaro that will give the other other brands premium cars a run for the money. Just a guess though.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #161
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoswag1990 View Post
Thank you! I had a big argument with some unrealistic GT owners over on M6G and I brought up these exact same points and all the guys who bought base models and wanted to cite major weight savings as a benefit to not having any creature comforts jumped on my case
I went 1ss to save maybe a tenth. Regretted it eventually.

My tastes have changed and would like a 2ss this time if the price is reasonable. Also depends on how nice the new 1ss is...gonna have to check them all out. No regrets this time...
Old 06-08-2015, 11:32 PM   #162
VADER SS L99

Quote:
I went 1ss to save maybe a tenth. Regretted it eventually.

My tastes have changed and would like a 2ss this time if the price is reasonable. Also depends on how nice the new 1ss is...gonna have to check them all out. No regrets this time...
Me too bro and it was probably more like a 1/4 of a tenth. I also did it so I would have money for LT headers, CAI, tune and lowering right away after purchase. Still regret I didn't get the 2SS and save up for mods which would have only been like at most 6 more months. I am doing 2ss this time and holding off on mods. That is unless the price is crazy in which I will just get a lightly used ZL1.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:41 AM   #163
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I'm really hoping that in 2017 when we get the 50th anniversary for the Camaro we get a new "aniversary" ZL1 or Z/28 that will have an upgrade to the already good Alpha chassis and 600+ horses. I think we are about a year and a half away from a monster Camaro that will give the other other brands premium cars a run for the money. Just a guess though.
Maybe in the Z28, but if you want Chevy to make a 50th ZL1, you're going to have to wait till 2019. As far as I know, and I'm hope I'm right, the first ZL1 was in 1969.

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 AM   #164
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
Maybe in the Z28, but if you want Chevy to make a 50th ZL1, you're going to have to wait till 2019. As far as I know, and I'm hope I'm right, the first ZL1 was in 1969.
Correct
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #165
jessrayo
Speed Freak

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSS24 View Post
Well I was thinking just a Camaro 50th anniversary edition and if they make a super powerful sporty edition of a Camaro for the 50th it would make sense to use a name code already established even though that particular RPO code may not have 50 years of history. Just my train of thought, If I was going to make a 50th anniversary special car it would not be a fancy RS.

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #166
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Well I was thinking just a Camaro 50th anniversary edition and if they make a super powerful sporty edition of a Camaro for the 50th it would make sense to use a name code already established even though that particular RPO code may not have 50 years of history. Just my train of thought, If I was going to make a 50th anniversary special car it would not be a fancy RS.
but think about it from GM's standpoint... which is to sell as many cars as possible.

50th anniversary, super powerful sporty edition
or
50th anniversary, "fancy RS"

which do you think will sell more?

If anything, it'll be just like the 45th ann. ed. Visual only. wheel/tire package, stripes, specific paint color, etc that will be able to be applied to all models.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:44 PM   #167
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
Me too bro and it was probably more like a 1/4 of a tenth. I also did it so I would have money for LT headers, CAI, tune and lowering right away after purchase. Still regret I didn't get the 2SS and save up for mods which would have only been like at most 6 more months. I am doing 2ss this time and holding off on mods. That is unless the price is crazy in which I will just get a lightly used ZL1.
Need to pay off my 14 Silverado first. Gonna shoot for late next summer but most likely have to wait until spring 2017 :( . Not selling the truck either its the best one I've ever owned.

What's making the new gts weigh 100 lbs+ more loaded? Gm lists 1ss and 2ss as like 30 lbs different. I could see a sunroof and optional stereo adding another 20 or so. Where's the extra 50 lbs coming from on the loaded mustangs ?
Old 06-09-2015, 06:52 PM   #168
VADER SS L99

Quote:
Need to pay off my 14 Silverado first. Gonna shoot for late next summer but most likely have to wait until spring 2017 :( . Not selling the truck either its the best one I've ever owned.

What's making the new gts weigh 100 lbs+ more loaded? Gm lists 1ss and 2ss as like 30 lbs different. I could see a sunroof and optional stereo adding another 20 or so. Where's the extra 50 lbs coming from on the loaded mustangs ?
For 1 a base GT comes with no spare, 18x8 wheels puney 235/50 tires and smaller brakes. Add the 20" wheels, 265mm tires, spare and full interior options and I'm sure it gets up there. Or on a GTPP add the 19" wheels, MASSIVE Brembro brakes, coolers, different suspension parts, and a full premium interior with all boxes checked and it's going to add a good bit of weight as well.

With the SS the only things a 1SS doesn't have vs a 2SS is HUD, 4 pack gauge's, the stereo system, leather and a few more odds and ends in the interior. You'll notice there is nothing on the outside and nothing mechanically different of the SS vs the GT trims. Wheels/tires, brakes, suspension, no spare ect all the same plus adding a 1LE option actually pulls weight OUT of the car. The SS just has more standard options vs the GT and that's why it doesn't gain much weight when going to the 2SS.