Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #71
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
We need to step out of our Camaro box and realize how the average person sees automobile purchases on a broader plane than how car fanatics shop.
On the flip side...don't ignore the Camaro when you're outside of that box...because it's coming out, too.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #72
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
I don't ignore the camaro at all. This thread is about a competitor so I can see it's merits and just don't want us to dismiss it like some people dismiss American cars
Old 03-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #73
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I don't ignore the camaro at all. This thread is about a competitor so I can see it's merits and just don't want us to dismiss it like some people dismiss American cars
You're a better man than I...
Old 03-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #74
ArcAngel

Well thanks dragon!
Old 03-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #75
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
^wow that was a conversation between dragon and arc for a while lol
Old 03-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #76
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
That was funny dragon LOL. Yes definitely both cars will make inroads in different territories. That's what I mean. Sometimes on this forum we forget that people in the general public shop without blinders they shop with what fits there life/ budget. For instance a person who loves his cobalt SS,or VW GTI might consider the 2.0T for the same kind of four cylinder fun and tunerability. Just as the 3.8 will be cross shopped with cars that are alike. We need to step out of our Camaro box and realize how the average person sees automobile purchases on a broader plane than how car fanatics shop.
IMHO, the V6 Genesis is the only car that seriously compares to the V6 Camaro once you get into the Camaro LT range. The V6 Challenger and Mustang can't match it in pricing, options, and power. The Genesis V6 does, especially in some certain sweet spots.

I'm in one of those sweet spots myself...

The 1LT with the C&C package and spare tire has everything I want...except leather seats which aren't even an option in the 1LT trim--and I want leather very very much. It's $25,245 optioned as best as I can get it. The base Genesis V6 has all of the Camaro's C&C options standard PLUS standard leather seats. And it's only 505 bucks more at $25,750.

To get leather in the Camaro, I have to get the 2LT, and add in a bunch of stuff I don't want. And it comes to $27,480. That's a huge difference in price and includes stuff I don't need.

So that's going to make thing interesting when it comes time to buy...
Old 03-30-2009, 07:36 PM   #77
ConceptVBS

Drives: POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I thought the 5.5 was after they fixed the problem. It was beyond 6 seconds before.
That 6.4 second was for Edmunds 1st test. After reflash, they got it down to 5.9.

Motor Trend did a 5.5 BEFORE a reflash. They are looking into the reflash.

Also, Car and Driver did a 5.7 BEFORE a reflash as well.

All in all, this car is a formidable competitor to the V6 Camaro and its target audience.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:04 PM   #78
ArcAngel

I think some people will choose the 2.0T and mod the crap out of it and surprise some v6 Camaros. PS the 6.4 is for the 2.0T not the 3.8. the slowest the 3.8 got was 5.7 pre flash
Old 03-31-2009, 10:36 AM   #79
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post
That 6.4 second was for Edmunds 1st test. After reflash, they got it down to 5.9.

Motor Trend did a 5.5 BEFORE a reflash. They are looking into the reflash.

Also, Car and Driver did a 5.7 BEFORE a reflash as well.

All in all, this car is a formidable competitor to the V6 Camaro and its target audience.
Makes sense, mid to high 5 seconds sounds about right for a car of its power and weight in a magazine test.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:51 AM   #80
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
(^) Jalopnik also wasted half a review of the Camaro talking about Star Wars...I'm not surprised they "want" one.
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe - First Drive
Quote:
Try as we did to find one, the new Hyundai seems to lack an Achilles Heel that would quickly cripple it.
I'm sure Dragoneye will find the Achilles Heel in that review as well
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:54 PM   #81
Tal

Drives: Old
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
The two 20-something guys were wondering what it was, and finally got it "Ohh it's a Hyundai?, damn I thought it was some new Lexus". Their father replied "A Hyundai?? Wow, I was thinking it was some hot british car!"
The Lexus comparison makes some sense, but really can't think of anything British that it resembles and would in fact question the competency of anyone making such a statement. Reminds me of another post where someone thought the Camaro looked like a 300C.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #82
Beamer
N00B

Drives: 07 Cobalt SS/SC-Toy | 97Cavalier-DD
Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
well I have to say there are some really dime bulbs out there. I have people ask what I drive alot and it says it right on the side of the car in vinyl hahahaha so comparing a car to another is not too strange when it looks nothing like it and such. My 88 z24 was a 5.0 stang to many people for one reason or another when I had that. My lincoln LS was a BMW to others, but than again it was rather close to looking like one in a way.