Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
*NeRD*2LTRS
HT5:Keeping it Exclusive

Drives: Black Mamba 2010 2LT RS
Techs anyone plz help.! Desperate

So Im having issues with my 2010 2LTRS Camaro (Auto tranny) ., around 6-7 months ago I went on a cruise with some fellow c5 members ., we drove up to an observatory here in la I can't remember the name ., but it was a drive through the mountains steep inclines we were pretty high up so
Much so none of us had cell reception . Anywho on the way back down I was cruising around 25-30 mph , out of no where i felt the tranny down shift and all three traction control lights came on and the CEL light did too. The car would not go more than 20mph without redlining . I put the car in "S" to use the paddle shift and it wouldn't work wouldn't shift gears . After maybe 15 mins the traction control lights including stabilitrak light turned off but the CEL light stayed lit. I drove home by shifting the car into N (neutral) then back into D( drive) for it to catch the next gear . ( forgot to say I turned off car multiple times and checked every connection under hood ) I parked the car didn't drive it for 2 days. On Monday when I turned off the car ., like magic the car was fine no tranny issues no dash lights like nothing ever happened . I still took it to the dealer, and of course the report came back , nothing wrong with the car . No codes were ever stored no issues car was running as it did the day it left the factory . Ok fine , just a fluke , I guess . 3 months go by, I go the mall park . When I get back u try to remote start the car ., and it does then turns off after literally 2 secs . I tried again the lights flash indicating it received the command but the car doesn't turn off . I get inside turn the key ., I get two messages ., "service parking assist" " service stabilitrak " . CEL on stabilitrak and traction control lights on . Same lack of acceleration ., same deal as before ., I drive home park and go to sleep . Turned it on in the AM ., car is A ok !!!!@ this point I swear my car is doing on purpose messing with me like a bad gf !!! Called dealer spoke to service dept manager , if no lights are on car is fine ., you can bring it in but there's only so much that can be done since it seems it's fine!!!! FML!! Ok fine ., car runs fine from there on ., I decide to purchase a locking gas cap ., to stop any haters out there from pouring some ish down my gas tank .. Soon after I start getting a CEL but no tranny issues or traction lights like before just a CEL. I noticed it would turn off after I would open the gas tank and retighten the locking gas cap., after the 3 weeks I said F this ., so I put back on the OEM gas cap . Everything is peachy with my car, up until last week I was out with my gf , get back into the car and guess what????? The sand efn lights the same efn message , same tranny issues same having to drive it like its a manual . I call onstar two
Codes appear " U0101 " and "P0700 ". I was pissed!!! I decide to leave the engine running all night I was afraid if I turned it off it would be all fine and dandy in the am., I took it to dealer let them drive it ., and had a big I told you so smile on face, senior tech came to look @ it the service dept manager ., like 5 people came out . They said don't worry now that we have all the lights and we saw what's happening we can definitely fix it .! Yes !!!! Finally !!!!! They called later on in the day and said it was a problem in the "ECM" they had to replace a part it would be ready tomorrow .!!! I was so happy ., when I picked her up yst ., finally my 2010 Camaro that had only 20k miles on was all fixed!!!!! I go to turn it on this
Morning ., like a bad nightmare it's happening all over again everything !! No acceleration dash lights ., called
OnStar same codes ., I took it back to the dealer ., now I don't what to do .!?? They are surprised !? And I'm like wtf !!! Seriously???? So if anyone please can offer some advice ,anyone have some insight?or any ideas as to what it can be?., anything would help., I'm confident someone on c5 can ., last thing I want is to have to get a new car under warranty as I have I invested over 10k in aftermarket products for my car ., sorry for the long story fellas and thanks in advice .!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
They need to be looking at the wiring harness i would say.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
JLE58

Its could be a booger to find but its saying your car lost communication with the TCM. Im guessing they check everything else and suspected this already and was hoping it was just the TCM or ECM. Bad ground, slight short, who knows they should be able to find it im sure.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
*NeRD*2LTRS

Bump!!
Old 03-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
JLE58

It's in the wiring or the tcm. Your wiring harness may be rubbing somewhere. If not then it's prob the tcm. I could be wrong but I dont think there is anything else it can be since they put a new ECM in there. It's not going to be easy to find if it's a wiring problem but there no reason to worry over it just let them fix it. Go in there and tell them what I've told you and say you need loaner car and you want it fixed for sure this time. Tell them to check the wiring harness over very good.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:16 PM   #6
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Let them try again. Make sure you get something in writing showing the 2nd attempt. On the 3rd try, look into the lemon laws in your state. If they cannot fix it a 3rd time they need to buy it back and put you in a new comparable equiped car. Should not be a problem unless you are running one of the obsolete colors.

Be polite and BE FIRM! Make sure that you make them understand that this problem is NOT your fault and that you should not be driving something other than what you purchased while they practice on your car. Most likely they will want to to a by back to make you happy. You may have to pay for some of the miles you have already driven. This IS negotialble, contratry to what they may tell you. Just keep reminding them that you are a loyal GM customer and wish to stay one.
jmaynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Generally the lemon law only applies to cars for the first 18 months. He has a 2010. Unless he bought a reallllly late 2010 in 2011, he could be SOL.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
JLE58

They are not going to replace on a lemon law. Its not that big of a deal its not the first time this has happen to a GM car. Ive seen the same codes twice doing the same thing and both times it was the wiring harness not on a camaro so if i have seen it twice you can bet it has happend hundreds of times.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #9
JLE58

hows it going?
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
*NeRD*2LTRS

After week they finally say that's a faulty tcm /, it's supposed to be finished today .they called me on Monday to tell me that's it was due to a short in the rear part of the car. Check this out they said it could be the body kit install... The body shop never even took of the bumper ....! Yst they tell me it's the tcm. Hopefully this is the last time .. Keeping my fingers crossed
Old 03-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #11
JLE58

Good deal. Well hopefully they have it fixed. Just remember if they ever say its something aftermarket on you car that caused it they have to prove it. It the law and their duty to prove that it had a direct effect on the issue with the car. They cant guess or say it might have. I figured it was either the tcm or wiring harnes and glad they found it for you.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #12
*NeRD*2LTRS

So I just picked her up from the dealer , right off the bat the car feels and accelerates so much better, the gear changes flow right on in no hesitation ., turns out the TCM was shortening out , there was 6 different codes., the TCM was replaces and reprogrammed . I'm so happy!!!! I really hope it's fixed , it feels like it is. Thanks for all the help. 👍👍👍
Old 03-31-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
JLE58

Good deal! Glad it all worked out.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:55 PM   #14
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Awesome, Glad you got it fixed!

I had to stop reading after about line 7 due to spelling/grammar.