Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #113
wshnonastar

Drives: 2007 Saturn Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
I've been staring at this picture for the last 15 minutes...

Look at those beautiful hips...that grill...the hood is so beefy....

I think I have a problem
15 minutes? I was so distracted by the forum yesterday that I completely forgot to bake a pan of lemon bars for someone's last day at work today. She was disappointed, but she got over it.

Oh my achin' mama's pajamas! I cannot contain myself. I thought my husband was going to call 911 when I yelled. Words cannot express the feeling I get when I see this vehicle. What a masterpiece!
Thanks fbod!

wshnonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #114
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
[SIZE="4"]

Still, it looks very close to the concept. Throw some paint on there and it'll be rockin'!

We have pretty reasonable hope that these aren't the final lights. Cool.

after taking a little more time to really take in the differences I think Eisenhower is right. The grill insert is much more subdued in the prototype. I think by itself it looks good. But when compared to the concept I feel it is lacking. Still a big BIG fan just trying to be a little objective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Kenz made a comment to the front brake vents. I do hope they're there...but I can't see anything down there, do any of you? I can see if they axed that little feature (not a big deal, the car's so low, you'd hardly ever see them)......
I don't think they are there. You should be able to see 'em
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #115
Satriani

Drives: 4 cyl can
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
I am SO struggling with the headlights. I like the concept cuz it looked like it was scowling at you. Kinda saying I'm back and I'm pissed. The dual lights don't say the same thing. They are cool just not sure what it does to the cars disposition?

Does that make sense...
Absolutely. Concept front is just fearsome. I can bet, aftermarket can fix/transform production version into 'concept look like' easily. Hp's is what worries me, GM must offer vehicle that is around 500hp's. If they don't, I don't know what to do...
Satriani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #116
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Yeah, New York sucks that way too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
My only hope on the front end is living in a state that requires a front plate (freaking Missouri), I hope GM can come up with a mounting bracket that goes through the lower air intake and is bolted out of site. I hate that the bracket on my 97 TA is drilled right through the front fascia. This would allow you to take it off for car shows and such without leaving anything unsightly behind.

-Bart
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #117
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
As it's been said already, these won't be the final lights. I recall when GM was testing the prototype of the new CTS, and they got some "placeholder" lights for the headlamps and taillamps for that car. I'm sure that's what we're seeing here.
Attached Images

JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:36 PM   #118
JaysonAych

Drives: 2002 Dodge Stratus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
It's amazing how close you guys have kept it.
I can't remember the last time I saw a production version of a concept end up looking so identical to the concept. In the 90s, Chrysler did a good job translating their concepts to production, but this is just in another league.
JaysonAych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #119
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satriani View Post
Absolutely. Concept front is just fearsome. I can bet, aftermarket can fix/transform production version into 'concept look like' easily. Hp's is what worries me, GM must offer vehicle that is around 500hp's. If they don't, I don't know what to do...
Buy aftermarket parts?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum

Last edited by DGthe3; 01-11-2008 at 10:28 PM.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:01 PM   #120
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Haven't had a chance to read the entire thread yet, so I'm not sure if this has been addressed, but if the hood scoop and rear vents aren't cut through, I am simply going to have to replace those body panels if I get the Camaro. That silly "doesn't even look real" fake vent thing may work for Mustangs, Civics, and the like, but it just doesn't cut it for me.

I actually do like that headlamp setup as is though. I'm fine with either way - similar to concept or just like this.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #121
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
I'm really confused when people say this isn't true to the concept. I've seen a lot of concepts get watered down over the years and for sure, this is not one of them. You park this prototype next to the concept and 98% of the general public would be unable to tell you what was different.

And for that which is different (light placement, side markers, mirror size), we can thank our goverment for probably 75% of the differences.

I just can't wait to see the final product in a black or blue or maybe even red. Better still, I want to HEAR and FEEL the final product with me in the driver's seat, smoke billowing off the rear tires from launch, then through the gears with some spin in each gear all that way up to 100mph or so..er I mean up to 65mph (that correction is for you TAG, sorry I got excited).
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #122
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
I'm really confused when people say this isn't true to the concept. I've seen a lot of concepts get watered down over the years and for sure, this is not one of them. You park this prototype next to the concept and 98% of the general public would be unable to tell you what was different.

And for that which is different (light placement, side markers, mirror size), we can thank our goverment for probably 75% of the differences.
This is exactly accurate.... every change from the concept to the production car was to meet regulations or simply to fit real-sized people and tires etc into the car. Maybe a few changes were to keep it under 3 million dollars I guess but if you overlay the two in the computer they are REALLY close and if you randomly place them around the studio together it's almost impossible to tell which is which without really concentrating. Seriously. There were no design 'changes'.... it was a direct translation from concept to reality as faithfully as possible by much of the same team that did the original.
camero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #123
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Yeah lets look at prototype GTRs or LFAs compared to production models. This thing survived remarkably well, with the exception of the vents.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 09:56 PM   #124
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

I completely agree. How many of us have viewed every single picture we can find posted to the web, drooled over every photo shopped photo we can save to our computers (and perhaps photoshoped one of those into a phot of our garage), and have Jada cars sitting on our desks (at home AND at work!) I think GM has done an awesome job. Sure, the preproduction cars have have some issues to be resolved. Let's let them work it out, and then point me to the dealership!

Thank you GM!
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:04 PM   #125
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Desktop background :
Old 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM   #126
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I haven't read all of the pages yet so I may be repaeting some things. I would love to see the halo light's on the production model. I don't have dislike the the ones in the pic but I have loved the halos ever since the prototype. I would love to see the side vents and ram air cut out as well. I'm thinking that this might be a V6 and this might be the way to show a difference in the models. I could be wrong I'm just thinking and typing at the same time. The thing that I like most now is the mirrors. On the prototype I was concerned about visibility but they seemed to correct this in what I hope will be the production version. The badging has me concerned, I would like to have the option numbers on the side..Z/28,RS,SS ect. I hate the little GM badge that they stick on the lower fender. I have it on my CTS and I think it looks tacky. We (and the world) know who makes the camaro so I don't think it is needed and will cheapen the overall image of the car, but I'm begining to ramble...........