Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #113
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Just wanted to update the info in the thread for those with 2012 and up Camaros with the new wiring going to the rear view mirror. There are apparently 3 Pink wires to choose from. One is Ignition, another is for the rear camera, and the other is a low reference. The one we want is the Ignition. The black wire is, as usual, Ground. So, that doesn't change. What sucks is now you'll have to trace the appropriate Pink wire from the connector that plugs into the rear view mirror back into the roof panel in order to tap into it. Good times!!! It's a bit of a hassle but, not too terrible, I think. The pins you want are pin 5 (black wire) for Ground... and pin 2 (pink wire) for Ignition. I'm attaching a pic of the connector for reference. Hopefully, this makes it easier for everybody.

2016 Black 1SS w/ MRC, low-gloss black wheels, auto trans. Self-created custom Dark Knight Edition accents. Rotofab CAI with dry filter and sound tube delete, PRAY ported intake manifold and throttle body, Texas Speed cam, Stainless Works headers and exhaust, Skid Mark garage E85 kit, JMS fuel pump voltage booster, Circle D torque converter. Custom E85/mod tune by Jannetty Racing.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #114
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Did this today and tbh took me about 6 hours total, but wasn't very difficult. Bought a salvaged unit, paint was quite faded so I decided to modify my current non homelink unit, used a razor to cut out the place where the button should be, not too hard make sure you use a lot of pressure and not to cut outside the lines!

Drilled a small hole for the plastic tip (led) pretty ez no problem..

Tried tapping wires, for the life of me couldn't do it. So I ran a wire from fuse panel to homelink pretty easy if you get an "add a circuit" pigtail fuse from your local auto store for 5 bucks.

Grounded it, cmon won't be too hard to find a group. Put it all together and you're set!

As far as the wiring goes, I soldered the two wires onto the prongs, if I recall it took forever for me to find what was power and ground, left and right, if i recall... right was ground and left was power, but don't take my word for that one.