Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-13-2010, 06:57 PM   #141
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010victoryredss_ron View Post
looks like an SS front bumper, but only RS wheels
Good catch, I think it is an LT with an SS front end. Those are LT wheels and look closely those are LT brakes, not the SS Brembos.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 AM   #142
godfathercrc

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS
great pics but iam not feeling it like my hard top better think it should be a hard top convertable
godfathercrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:04 PM   #143
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
you guys do realize a hardtop convertible would probably end up being near 50 grand right?

now give or take a few thousand but apparently the numbers guys at gm probably figured the demand wouldn't be enough to make it a profitable option...

I could be wrong since a few years ago the mustang was considering coming out with a hardtop but i imagine that the recession and economic meltdown that occured in 08 changed everybodies plans especially car manufacturers
Old 03-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #144
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
Nice pics. So V6 with IO inteior, nice. I think with a taller rear spoiler and with all the widows down, I think the vert will actuall look very nice, it's a whole different look though. Coupe looks mean, tank like. The vert looks like a showcar/cruising car. Nice. The camaro will be fillling every type of dream soon. Good job on getting the pics
...Looks like an SS to me and I don't see the IO interior....

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #145
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
...Looks like an SS to me and I don't see the IO interior....
The dashboard is definitely orange in the third picture and no SS has ever had those wheels or brakes, and SS's have the SS letters on the back. Definitely an SS fascia though.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #146
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
i would rather da coupe with or without da sunroof over da vert i dont care for vertz it lookz ok tho im just not a convertible man
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #147
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
anything BEATS a ford mustake
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #148
odie23

Drives: Jeep
We've been waiting for the vert, so if Chevy is reading this since I'm assuming there's going to be a 4 to 5 thousand price premium for the vert, it's not a matter of hoping but an expectation that the vert will have an integrated hardtop boot (and none of those flabby do-it-yourself yourself boot covers) and that the xm wart, antenna, and third brake light [B][I][U]be integrated into one cohesive look, preferable in the rear spoiler.

It could even be argued too the bean counters that hardtop folks would pay an additional amount too order that updated technology into their own cars, and that current hardtop owners would pay their local Chevy dealers to convert the tech to their current cars.
odie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #149
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Those rims are the rims that are on the new Synergy Green car. Not sure what all that means, but those are the rims that I saw on the Synergy Green car.
Attached Images

Old 03-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #150
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
it kinda looks like the rear windows arent long enough.....there is just too much open area in the back..i dont like it but i like the thought of it....
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #151
blakechase

Drives: White 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via AIM to blakechase
this is the only time i think i have seen a good looking convertible
blakechase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #152
camero

Drives: IOM V6 RS 38808
Quote:
Originally Posted by odie23 View Post
...it's not a matter of hoping but an expectation that the vert will have an integrated hardtop boot (and none of those flabby do-it-yourself yourself boot covers) and that the xm wart, antenna, and third brake light [B][I][U]be integrated into one cohesive look, preferable in the rear spoiler. It could even be argued too the bean counters that hardtop folks would pay an additional amount too order that updated technology into their own cars, and that current hardtop owners would pay their local Chevy dealers to convert the tech to their current cars.
That would be nice but it's a LOT harder than it sounds and it would prevent people from ordering car without spoilers or getting new spoilers. Not going to happen sorry.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #153
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Those rims are the rims that are on the new Synergy Green car. Not sure what all that means, but those are the rims that I saw on the Synergy Green car.
Those are standard rims on the 2LT models.

In my opinion? All the functional parts of that car we can see (brakes, rims, etc) are LS/LT equipment. A fascia doesn't make it an SS and vis versa.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #154
Dunk31
Instigator

Drives: 93 Z28, 70 Chevelle SS 97 Expo
Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan/St. Louis will always be home though.
Never been a big fan of convertibles, I think the hard top says "I'm not scared of anything" , while a vert says "I'm not scared of a bad hair day". But nice catch. I'm sure there are many who are very excited.

Tags
2011 camaro, 2011 camaro convertible, 2012 camaro, 2012 camaro convertible, camaro convertible, convertible