Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-25-2018, 05:21 PM   #15
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
That's it...I'm getting tuned!
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #16
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm rat View Post
So, can I use my laptop to upload a tune to my car or do I have to have an HP tuner or one of the others?
SCTX4 from Dynosteve. Email stock file to him and he sends a custom one back that you upload with that device followed by no regrets....
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #17
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
That's it...I'm getting tuned!
Dont do it you will hate chirping the first 3 gears...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:19 PM   #18
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:35 PM   #19
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Just got my headers, HFC's, and catback in this past weekend. Probably gonna be a few weeks til I do but it is in my plans to get tuned.
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 06:45 PM   #20
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
If ya really wanna have some fun, do the 3.91 gears too. All I can say is hello mid 12's
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 07:20 PM   #21
Artifice

Drives: 2013 2SS RS
+1 to what everyone has said, so far.
Removing the AFM is worth it alone (did anyone REALLY save that much fuel from having 4 cylinders shut off?).
But if you're looking to mod first, I'd also recommend waiting on that first.
I have a '13 SS that I didn't tune until after headers, CAI, exhaust and 3.91 gears... I'm glad I waited
Good luck with your build!
Artifice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #22
Buddy2

Drives: 2012 camaro convertible 45th Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artifice View Post
+1 to what everyone has said, so far.
Removing the AFM is worth it alone (did anyone REALLY save that much fuel from having 4 cylinders shut off?).
But if you're looking to mod first, I'd also recommend waiting on that first.
I have a '13 SS that I didn't tune until after headers, CAI, exhaust and 3.91 gears... I'm glad I waited
Good luck with your build!
I have added CAI intake and MagnaFlow exhaust. That’s as far as I intend to go, at least for now. I have a Range Unit to disable AFM, but the car doesn’t have the low end grunt that I think it should. That’s why I was looking at a tune.
Thanks for all the responses.
Old 06-26-2018, 07:06 AM   #23
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy2 View Post
I have added CAI intake and MagnaFlow exhaust. That’s as far as I intend to go, at least for now. I have a Range Unit to disable AFM, but the car doesn’t have the low end grunt that I think it should. That’s why I was looking at a tune.
Thanks for all the responses.
If that's all you plan on going for a while then by all means tune away and throw that Range unit in the trash. Many people have success with them, but many others also have a lot of problems with them too. The beauty of the automatic is that you can have a "wife mode" tuned in if you don't want the aggressive driving style all of the time. My drive "D" mode is similar to stock, better shift points and a little firmer shifting, but not outrageous and something the wife will still ride with me in. My sport/manual "M" mode has neck snapping shifts that will really get the car going good when I get on it.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:19 AM   #24
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I can't speak for the L99, but with my SS Sedan it made a huge difference. I went with LMS and they don't charge for updates as mods are added. With my car with intake, catback with secondary cat delete I picked up 40 rwhp/rwtq.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #25
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
The l99 benefits the most from a tune....afm delete is a big thing. The trans tune when done right makes a big difference as well.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #26
PostNup
CAR-DASHIAN

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS L99
OK, here is the long story short:

1) RDP Tune - yes, if you buy future parts from him, the tune is free, but you do have to buy an SCT-X4 for like $350.
2) His tune is aggressive but amazing.
3) You should tune to your environment - DA and Octane, so remote tune may not be optimal for that.
4) I had Dyno Steve tune and I was VERY PLEASED, but it did make the trans feel like an old Rock Crusher and would chirp the 3-4 shift. Made me worry about the stock trans' ability to hold that punishment.
5) A ported Throttle Body and CAI will help with the Throttle Response.
6) By the time you buy the SCT4 for the remote tune - a custom tune is not that much more expensive.
7) Small changes, like changing, tire size or gears, will be only a fraction of the cost of a total tune.

HTH
PERFORMANCE: ColdAirInductions CAI, ADM Race Scoop, Cordes Performance Racing Ported TB/IM/Custom VVT Cam, WFO Milled Heads, Stainless Power 1 7/8" LT/3" HFCs, JBA 3" Comp. Cat-Back, Taylor 10.4mm Plug Wires, Tim King Performance Stage 3 6L80, Circle D Billet 3600 Stall, Nic D ECM/TCM Tune, - 458rwhp/413rwtq (prior to PIM), Forgestar F14 (F)18" / (R)17" Rims.

SUSPENSION: Z/28 Rear UCA Bushings, Carlyle Racing LCA/TA, BMR Adj. Toe Rods/Xtreme Anti-Roll Bar, Justice Pete Castor Locks/Radius Rod Inserts, Pegasus Billet Rear Cradle Bushings, Mickey Thompson Street SS II 305/45/17 tires.
PostNup is offline   Reply With Quote