Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 PM   #43
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
First blush. Looks like a 1le car trying to convert to a zl1 look. Beautiful color why hide it with that hood.
The mod happened because of small damage taken in traffic, debris and such, because of complications a black hood or a new aftermarket hood was the options. The carbon fiber insert is expensive and I wanted it kept on the car so matte black was an only option at that moment. It turned out nice since I like matte black but it's a work in progress.

I definitely don't want to hide the red though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYBORG View Post
IMHO, an all carbon hood would not look right unless it was painted leaving only the extractor exposed. I think that your car looks great but would have a complete look with the ZL1 badge added back on the hood and the spoiler painted/wrapped flat black.
Yup I was right there thinking the same when the car first went in but I want people to see the KZL013 serial in the lower right corner of the window.

It is a significant number since it's a Nickey car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron10 View Post
you know,it really doesn't matter what people think.what really matters is what you think.if everyone liked the same things,it would be a pretty dull world.
Not at all but the ZL1 section can be a good place to get some ideas and advice. It is after all only a hood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
Definitely to each their own, we would all be driving white four doors otherwise. There is always the need to personalize, I am going the route to keep the original lines etc. I have on order basically all the black plastic in carbon fiber. I think with our color of car it will naturally complement it. I wish you could get it from the factory that way. Enjoy the ride!
Yeah I need to do the spoiler and something for the roof. I am going to sit on it for the winter and see what comes up.

You guys are crafty though and know a few things about smoothing out a look. I should just stare at Camaro's for a while and think on the stuff you guys mentioned.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #44
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Looks pretty mean to be honest.
Old 12-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #45
Biv08SS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
We own both a 1LE and a ZL1, and I really like the look you have going on.
2016 Chevrolet 2500HD tow rig
Biv08SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:21 PM   #46
speedmon

Drives: C6 Z06
I think it looks great! It gives the car a tougher look.
I'm looking to do mine as well.... hood, roof, spoiler and mirrors....as soon as I can find someone qualified to touch my car.
speedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 10:27 PM   #47
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
How about airbrushing the hood to mimic CF or doing a CF vinyl hood wrap to match the insert? Do a decklid/spoiler stripe the same way.

That'd be cool.

-CRT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 06:20 AM   #48
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Cool 1le w zl1hood er uh wait cool zl1 with 1 le hood. Lol. I think the matte hood need to stay on the 1le and needs the rear spoiler matched
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #49
ricky_ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
reminds me of the EDP black primer a new hood comes in.
ricky_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #50
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmon View Post
I think it looks great! It gives the car a tougher look.
I'm looking to do mine as well.... hood, roof, spoiler and mirrors....as soon as I can find someone qualified to touch my car.
What are you going to do with the mirrors? Paint them? I'm not going to copy your plans but am just curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
How about airbrushing the hood to mimic CF or doing a CF vinyl hood wrap to match the insert? Do a decklid/spoiler stripe the same way.
How about 2 small thin stripes along the side of the trench going over the top of my roof. The Dolphin tail sits in the middle of that trench near the back but won't have to be change. The outside of the trench will have the small stripes following the edge of the trench.

Same stripes will follow the roof to the trunk. 2 thin stripes running parallel leading up to the rear spoiler which will be a ZL1 carbon fiber spoiler.

Would that work?
Old 12-04-2014, 06:51 PM   #51
Camarodriver2

Drives: FOR SALE! Bumblebee 1 of 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post
I appreciate your comments fellas! The car is going to be shown quite a bit in the near future so getting an idea of what kind of response it's going to get is nice to find out. Sort of a general idea of what people might say to me.

Can I possibly sway some of you with some new sunny day pics? Possibly?

Have Pete add some side gills, concept mirrors, and the carbon rear spoiler. Looks good!
My 1 of 1 Bumblebee: Paint=House of Kolor Sunrise. Shaved door handles and concept handles added. Shark fin removed, concept mirrors, Showstoppers concept LED side marker lights. Wiper blades removed, muffler delete, and Range AFM disable. BMR springs lowered 1" rear and 1.4" front and added Eibach wheel spacers - 20mm rear and 25mm front.
Camarodriver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #52
ZL155
Banned

Drives: 13' ZL1
I notice it's mostly the 1/LE guys and SS guys that like your new Hood. No offense man and I'm sure you won't take any cause your looking for opinions but doing what you did to your car makes it Look like a modded 1/LE or SS. I know it's still a ZL1 under it's shell, power wise.... but definitely takes the ZL1 out of it from a visual perspective.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
ZL155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #53
chevi286

Drives: camaro zl1
Like it, especially with the side stripe. I'd add the Zl1 emblems belonging to the hood under the Camaro badges and get rid of the window sticker.
chevi286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #54
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodriver2 View Post
Have Pete add some side gills, concept mirrors, and the carbon rear spoiler. Looks good!
Pete is going to add a black matte spoiler with a carbon fiber wicker bill that will be adjustable. It won't be like this picture but it will be something similar. He is brewing something up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL155 View Post
I notice it's mostly the 1/LE guys and SS guys that like your new Hood. No offense man and I'm sure you won't take any cause your looking for opinions but doing what you did to your car makes it Look like a modded 1/LE or SS. I know it's still a ZL1 under it's shell, power wise.... but definitely takes the ZL1 out of it from a visual perspective.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
This summer my car will be like my last ZL1, somewhere between 600-700hp and will have some parts on it you either will rarely see or won't ever see.

Bowties are going black and with Pete's spoiler it should add to a small level of uniqueness. I can't say for sure how effective the car may throw people off but the first sucker thinking my Z is a 2SS and gets rowdy is in for a surprise!

I actually kinda like the X factor it adds. I'm gonna take the chrome Camaro off the side of my car too.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #55
Mutant Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevi286 View Post
Like it, especially with the side stripe. I'd add the Zl1 emblems belonging to the hood under the Camaro badges and get rid of the window sticker.
The township one? I can't.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:17 AM   #56
chevi286

Drives: camaro zl1
The sticker on the windshield. Not sure what it even says. Btw, anyone who has any knowledge about zl1s will know exactly what it is.
chevi286 is offline   Reply With Quote