Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-05-2014, 09:11 PM   #1
Wndpwr10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Who has maguson supercharger?

Who here has the maguson supercharger on a LS3? Want to do some upgrades to my car but the guys at maguson say I can't change the stock items on my car besides the CAI I already have. Thought it might be easier to find folks with the same supercharger and get the inside on the do's and donts.
Wndpwr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
NYYFan325

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Lots of people do! You may want to have this moved to the forced induction forum you'll get significantly more responses
Old 10-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #3
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I was doing some research about a year ago on a Supercharger kit. I was communicating with a tech at Whipple. Looking at different options to add on to the kit. Such as CAI and headers, along with a few other things. I asked the guy about installing a few bolt ons and he told me that the kit's hand held flasher did not have the tune for it. If I wanted to add those things I would need to take it to a dyno shop and have it tuned. They only tuned for simple factory components.

That may be what your running into. If that's the case, don't worry about it.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #4
vegassam66

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS / RS
I am running a TVS 2300 with 2inch long tube headers and a full 3inch exhaust, 160 degree termostat and some other goodies. I got a custom dyno tune, don't use the supplied one, spend a couple extra bucks for the proper tune.
vegassam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:49 PM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wndpwr10 View Post
Who here has the maguson supercharger on a LS3? Want to do some upgrades to my car but the guys at maguson say I can't change the stock items on my car besides the CAI I already have. Thought it might be easier to find folks with the same supercharger and get the inside on the do's and donts.
As long as you're willing to retune it the possibilities are nearly endless. Dropping a pulley size is a great way to add some boost. A great combo is a smaller pulley and some long tube headers. The headers will help lower the boost a bit making it safer to run the smaller pulley.
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote