Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 09-11-2016, 05:06 PM   #757
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
My reserve unit was very heavily NYPD & FDNY. Some never came home BEFORE our Wing was activated on 9/23/01. Heroes don't play with a ball.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:17 PM   #758
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
PMC, I didn't watch (and won't be!), but my girl was reading on Facebook 4 of your beloved Dolphins decided to be disrespectful idiots.

None of them have any clue what oppression even is. Spoiled babies. Good riddance losers. I'm burning the few nfl (lowercase on purpose) things I actually own.
No disrespect, but why are you bashing the NFL for something a few players are doing? And just so you know I'm pissed at these players as well, but they NFL can't make these idiots stand. It's their constitutional right to not stand.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:23 PM   #759
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic73 View Post
No disrespect, but why are you bashing the NFL for something a few players are doing? And just so you know I'm pissed at these players as well, but they NFL can't make these idiots stand. It's their constitutional right to not stand.
actually, they can make them stand. the NBA has a rule that says they have to stand.

also, I blame the whole loss on Kenny Stills. not because he was one of the douche bags that was kneeling, but because he dropped a WIDE OPEN 50YD BOMB, where the closest defender was a good 20 yards away. hit him right in the hands.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #760
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
actually, they can make them stand. the NBA has a rule that says they have to stand.

also, I blame the whole loss on Kenny Stills. not because he was one of the douche bags that was kneeling, but because he dropped a WIDE OPEN 50YD BOMB, where the closest defender was a good 20 yards away. hit him right in the hands.
Actually the they can't, they don't have a rule, if they did then they could.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #761
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Actually the they can't, they don't have a rule, if they did then they could.
which means the nfl CAN make them. they just need to make a rule. nothing is stopping the nfl from making a rule. I think that's the point.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:34 PM   #762
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
which means the nfl CAN make them. they just need to make a rule. nothing is stopping the nfl from making a rule. I think that's the point.
They can't just make a rule, it has to go through the NFL Competition committee which I believe they only do during their meetings prior to the combine. But until then they can't.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #763
PoorMansCamaro

I'm not going to pretend that I know the protocol for rule changes, but I'm pretty sure the competition committee is there for playing rules, rosters, player safety, etc. And has nothing to do with making a rule where all individuals have to stand for the national anthem. It would seem reasonable that they could gather all owners and have a vote on it, whenever they want.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:48 PM   #764
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
The nfl has fined players for individual acts in the past. When the Rams did their hands up nonsense, which has been proven over and over to be a LIE, the nfl did NOTHING to those players. They made a choice to let those idiots get away with it. Now come this years nonsense and they are doing nothing. Yet when Jerry Jones asked to wear a sticker on the back of the helmet showing respect for officers that were assassinated, then the nfl decided to do something. Priorities are far past screwed up in that dipshit organization.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:49 PM   #765
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Taken directly from their website:

The Competition Committee reviews all competitive aspects of the game, including (but not limited to) playing rules, roster regulations, technology, game-day operations and player protection.

During the season, the committee meets occasionally by conference call or in person to review current issues in the game and to begin to discuss potential agenda items for the next year’s meeting.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:52 PM   #766
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Taken directly from their website:

The Competition Committee reviews all competitive aspects of the game, including (but not limited to) playing rules, roster regulations, technology, game-day operations and player protection.

During the season, the committee meets occasionally by conference call or in person to review current issues in the game and to begin to discuss potential agenda items for the next year’s meeting.
Standing for the National Anthem has nothing to do with the competitive aspects of the game.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:53 PM   #767
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
Standing for the National Anthem has nothing to do with the competitive aspects of the game.
It has to due with the game day operations.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:57 PM   #768
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
It has to due with the game day operations.
game day operation in relation to competitive aspects of the game. not just individual game day operations.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #769
PoorMansCamaro

I mean, as a private organization, they don't have to follow exact date of when to make rule changes in their own organization.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #770
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Quote:
game day operation in relation to competitive aspects of the game. not just individual game day operations.
Game day operations to me means all aspects of game day. All pre, during, and post game operations.