Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
Knein

Drives: 2016 2SS Hyper Blue M6 NPP/Mag
CAI Installed

Ok, I installed my CAI brand cold air intake today, but I have a couple of questions. Does it look like I routed the MAF sensor correctly? How long does it take for the computer to learn the new intake?
Attached Images

Knein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
Infinite-T

Drives: 2011 1LT RS RJT
Yup, that looks good, as lont as the wires arent being streached or stressed at the connector youre fine. The general consensus is that it takes roughly 50-100 miles for the computer to fully re-adjust to the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
If you'd rather drive a civic that eats your soul than a camaro that eats your wallet then thats your choice.
Infinite-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Looks good man. Enjoy !!!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Outlaw_Nation
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LT/M6
Congrats!!!!
Outlaw_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #5
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
All that's left now is to do some WOT runs!
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #6
Rfaranda

Drives: 2011 1ls
Looks good! How long did the install take you?
Old 07-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #7
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knein View Post
Ok, I installed my CAI brand cold air intake today, but I have a couple of questions. Does it look like I routed the MAF sensor correctly? How long does it take for the computer to learn the new intake?

Looks great, thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #8
Knein

Installation time.

From unboxing to finish was about 30 to 45 minutes. I really didn't time it and I had no clue what I was doing from the start. I did however download the instructions from the internet so I could have the tools ready when it got here. Needed a screwdriver and a nut driver that weren't listed in the instructions, but other than that, it was a piece of cake. My first time modding ever.

I can tell you I actually chirped the tires a bit at a stop light today when I gave it a little extra gas on take off with all of the nannys on, and I've not done that before. I didn't even floor it, just gave it a bit more punch.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #9
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
From unboxing to finish was about 30 to 45 minutes. I really didn't time it and I had no clue what I was doing from the start. I did however download the instructions from the internet so I could have the tools ready when it got here. Needed a screwdriver and a nut driver that weren't listed in the instructions, but other than that, it was a piece of cake. My first time modding ever.

I can tell you I actually chirped the tires a bit at a stop light today when I gave it a little extra gas on take off with all of the nannys on, and I've not done that before. I didn't even floor it, just gave it a bit more punch.
Thats what we like to hear!! Thanks again for choosing CAI Inc. and be sure to "Like" us on Facebook!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #10
Rfaranda

Drives: 2011 1ls
Quote:

Spot on.... I did the CAI, relocator and scoop... about an hour and a half...

Old 07-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #11
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfaranda View Post
Spot on.... I did the CAI, relocator and scoop... about an hour and a half...

Great to hear, thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Old 07-09-2012, 10:21 AM   #12
jmontalvo

Drives: 2011 Rally Yellow 2LS
Quote:
I noticed yours went under. I had mine go over and there was a lot more slack. Is this bad?
|Trifecta Tune|Custom Magnaflow Exhaust|Cold Air Inductions C.A.I.|BBK LTs w/ HFC|Anvil Rear Notch Glossy CF Spoiler|Body Color Heritage Grille|10 spoke polished ZL1 replica wheels|VMAX ported TB|RS Headlights|Night Owl RGB Halos
jmontalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #13
Knein

wire routing

I'm not really sure if it matters which way your route the wires. It just seamed to be neater by routing it under the tube.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmontalvo View Post
I noticed yours went under. I had mine go over and there was a lot more slack. Is this bad?
You could do it either way, whichever routing results in the wire touching the tube the least would probably be best. Underneath probably looks a little cleaner.