Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-30-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
Clarksroom

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Barry_the_Camaro
Rear Steer after lowering springs

2010 Camaro SS M6
I did BMR 1.25 Lowering Springs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods and Strut Bolts, aligned it to good specs that everyone suggest and it drives great and rides as expected.
My issue is if I launch from a light or go through the gears hard the rear is all over the road. The rear will drive to the left under hard acceleration and then go back to the right as well. In the seat it just feels like the rear of the car is steering back and forth really bad. I have double checked, everything is tight so very confused.

Anyone had this issue or thoughts on what to do?

I do all my own work and expierenced doing it, but just at a loss as to what to look for.

Any help is appreciated and thanks ahead of time!!
Pray Performance Built 416, Pray Performance ported stock heads, 2" Stainless Works headers, BTR Trinity Intake CNC and ported by Pray Performance, D1X Procharger with Stage 2 Intercooler and Red Race BV, E85, Twin nozzle Meth Injection, Circle D Convertor, Kel-Trac spec'ed Viking rear shocks, Multiple BMR rear suspension parts, 1-piece DSS driveshaft, Stock Trans, Stock Diff/Axles
Clarksroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Cradle bushings? Inserts should be enough if on stock power.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
Black_SS10
SomeguyK

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I had a very similar problem with my rear coilover height. I took the rear rims off and found that the tires were literally rubbing agaisnt the plastic wheel well liner. I cut those out and raised the rear of the vehicle some. I never had the issue again. I had all the suspension mods and the CCw rims in my sig at the time. Maybe this may help. Goodluck.
TMS 427, Dart iron Block, Forged assembly, Frankenstien heads, AGP TT 62/62 BB turbo's, AGP/Fore triple fuel system, Tilton clutch, Holley 1 7/8 shorties, Technostalgia tail lights,Oracle, Aeroforce, MGW shifter,Flowmaster, Pegasus subframe bushings,BMR trailing & toe arms,Z28 UCA bushings,Zl1 rear sway bar,Prothane,BMR,Goodridge brake lines,Ridetech HQ coilovers,3.91,Trutrac,billet caps,DSS axles,HE offest,built TR6060,1LE diffuser,Havoc spoiler,SSclones,20in MRR 017, Pirelli P Zero, Nitto NT555RII

More to come.
Black_SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:20 PM   #4
Clarksroom

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Barry_the_Camaro
Well I figured it out, they were checked and double checked, but for some reason the Toe Rods at knuckle had backed out and were a little loose. Just enough thenonly time there was an issue was under load. Went through everything again and all good now!
Thanks for he help!!
Pray Performance Built 416, Pray Performance ported stock heads, 2" Stainless Works headers, BTR Trinity Intake CNC and ported by Pray Performance, D1X Procharger with Stage 2 Intercooler and Red Race BV, E85, Twin nozzle Meth Injection, Circle D Convertor, Kel-Trac spec'ed Viking rear shocks, Multiple BMR rear suspension parts, 1-piece DSS driveshaft, Stock Trans, Stock Diff/Axles
Clarksroom is offline   Reply With Quote