Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #29
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Yes 2 things have changed. One good one bad. Good, the clutches are lighter to press in. Bad, the electronic throttle pedal inputs are harder feel and judge. Just takes some getting used to. Other than that the stick feel in these cars are very rewarding in the drive experience.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 06-17-2020 at 02:19 PM. Reason: g
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:20 AM   #30
GM-ACE
Old school tech

Drives: Ruby 1LE - 2024 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Yes 2 things have changed. One good one bad. Good, the clutches are lighter to press in. Bad, the electronic throttle pedal inputs are harder feel and judge. Just takes some getting used to. Other than that the stick feel in these cars are very rewarding in the drive experience.
#EXACTLY
GM-ACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:58 AM   #31
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
I like Rev Match for handing the car over to the boss to drive. She's completely capable, but won't drive it much and hasn't owned her own manual in a couple of decades. Turning on Rev Match will give her the opportunity to just enjoy the fun of the car and will remove a lot of the 'risk' of additional clutch wear during downshift. For me, it stays off. Period.

I have Hill Start Assist in my Silverado and it really doesn't bother me. I actually -LIKE- the subtle roll-back of a manual on a hill and miss with this feature. For me, this is a feature that should be able to be disabled.

The clutch in this car is definitely smooth and easy to operate. While I don't expect to personally have to deal with any heavy traffic scenarios, if I get stuck in traffic somewhere it won't be completely unbearable to deal with.

That fourth pedal, though... tough to get used to.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #32
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentsminion View Post
I dunno man, you'll hafta see. I mean, I love my car- I like the way it drives, shifts, but there's so much extra little sh*t they do nowadays that I just could do without. active rev match= bleh. Grew up without it. Don't need it. Wish the paddles were off my wheel. But the 1st-to-4th gear skipping feature has to be the thing that annoys me most. Can be bypassed with a cheap gadget.

Hill assist is another thing I wish I could just turn off.

And I want my brake lever back.

Electronic rpm/torque management goin on, so like the guy above said, you can't just drop out the clutch at four thousand.

But none of this in any way would mean that I would discourage anyone from picking one of these up- Like I said, I love mine- but alot of the little modern quirks cars do takes some getting used to.
Just be glad it's not a BMW, where the downshift blip is automatic and cannot be turned off unless you select a specific mode.

Personally, I like the feature being available. It doesn't matter for around the town(I have it off most of the time, too), but for competitive driving, it's handy. You just need to worry about braking without messing up the downshift blip. It's better than heel-and-toe.

I am sure you can take the steering wheel off and remove the paddles if they bother you.

And yeah, I wish I can turn off hill start assist, but I'd imagine Chevy might have done it for legal liability reasons.

I don't mind electronic parking brake other than the fact that they can't be disengaged when the battery is dead. I can think of situations where this is bad.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #33
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I am sure you can take the steering wheel off and remove the paddles if they bother you.
Based on some posts I've see where the wheel from a M6 can be used in the A8/A10 cars and vice versa, and the paddles do "the correct thing" for the car they're in (either rev match or gear shifting), my guess is that they can not be removed.

Quote:
And yeah, I wish I can turn off hill start assist, but I'd imagine Chevy might have done it for legal liability reasons.
I would propose that it's because the Insurance Industry has lobbied for this feature to reduce their payouts from people that can't drive stick properly and roll back into cars behind them on hills.
Old 06-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #34
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Based on some posts I've see where the wheel from a M6 can be used in the A8/A10 cars and vice versa, and the paddles do "the correct thing" for the car they're in (either rev match or gear shifting), my guess is that they can not be removed.
This thread shows that they can be removed.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449245

So yeah, if they both you that much, you can get rid of them.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #35
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Quote:
This thread shows that they can be removed.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449245

So yeah, if they both you that much, you can get rid of them.

Huh. Cool.

I remember reading about having the wheel for the "other" transmission and wanting to swap them for ones with the right silkscreen content or something. I thought that discussion ended in a "can't do it" sort of state.

Good to know!