Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #29
DetCamaro15

Drives: Black 2015 Camaro
The filter has a box around it and sits above the washer bottle. And I've never driven my car on dirt roads or through a lake hah
Old 09-03-2015, 11:57 AM   #30
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
A quart in 150 miles is a lot, a whole lot of oil loss. We're talking either a trail of blue smoke going down the road, or needing BP's clean up team to get it off your driveway.

When did you discover the issue? How long have you been monitoring this?
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #31
DetCamaro15

Taken the car in 6 times since July 15. Oil is burned trough in 600 miles
Old 09-03-2015, 01:31 PM   #32
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
FYI- not once in any of the previous visits does it appear they documented the consumption complaint.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:25 PM   #33
DetCamaro15

I have the receipts from when we took the car in for the complaint on... From the beginning they wrote "customer reports oil consumption issues, note: has aftermarket air filter"
Old 09-03-2015, 03:34 PM   #34
VTSummit

I didn't see those lines... I'll look again. Still shouldn't matter-since they get paid to fix it. I'd love to get an engine swap or repair job in my shop.
There's NO reason not to help. Let GM decide if they have an issue with the claim. Wonder if the GM rep there is the problem or the service people.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:55 AM   #35
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
Can you visually see oil smoke in your exhaust?
If so, is it worse when you accelerate or decelerate?
If it's worse on acceleration it would point towards rings/Pistons, if it's worse on deceleration then it would point towards the top end valves/ valve guides
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 01:53 AM   #36
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckaram View Post
Rodgers Chevrolet isn't that far from you. I'd call them. I don't have experience with their service department, but they move a ton of Camaros (Becky is the queen of Camaro sales and service). Their parts department is also top notch (Maureen).

They may be worth a shot.

This is the best advice to date.

You are less than an hour from Rodgers.

They are the best.

I travel 60+ miles each way to see them for anything with my cars.

They sponsor our Camaro club.

They will take care of you and get to the bottom of the issue.

Your mods did not create the issue at hand.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:02 AM   #37
VTSummit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
This is the best advice to date.

You are less than an hour from Rodgers.

They are the best.

I travel 60+ miles each way to see them for anything with my cars.

They sponsor our Camaro club.

They will take care of you and get to the bottom of the issue.

Your mods did not create the issue at hand.
This man speaketh the truth. I can call and see if they'll discuss it with me as well, but I'd have to have your permission to do so.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #38
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Bought a car once that had a freshly rebuilt engine, but owner complained that he had to add about two quarts of oil every time he filled with gas. No signs of smoke from exhaust, but evidence of light mist over rear bumper. No tell-tale drips when car sat parked. I drove several months without investigating for cause--stationed overseas and situation didn't allow time. Finally one day doing routine clean up of car and had engine running--noticed a drip-drip-drip from the engine; oil filter was leaking around gasket. Replaced oil filter and problem went away.

I would suggest letting Rogers Chevrolet investigate. For a leak like you're experiencing, if it's not being burned, the leak should produce some pretty obvious evidence and tracks. Good Luck!
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:35 PM   #39
DetCamaro15

Forgot to post back to let everyone know the issue was resolved back in the fall. After the dealership said they wouldn't do anything one of my buddies was able to get the case reviewed by gm legal staff who passed it up to an engineer who immediately said an air filter couldn't be the cause. It resulted in a gm tech tearing the engine apart completely and finding that there was an issue with the rings and a couple other things during manufacturing. After they rebuilt much of the engine the car is running as it should. Overall I was disappointed with how the dealership tried to handle this, but when forced to cooperate they did great work in a timely fashion.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:00 PM   #40
VTSummit

That's great it worked out for you. I am getting ready to lemon law my 3.6 Impala for coolant loss and random electrical problems. Ended up losing my job over that f'ing car.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:36 PM   #41
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/fSh2g6 Posted by VTSummit[/url] That's great it worked out for you. I am getting ready to lemon law my 3.6 Impala for coolant loss and random electrical problems. Ended up losing my job over that f'ing car.
Hi VTSummit,

I regret to hear you're experiencing these coolant loss and electrical concerns with your Impala and apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you would like, we can certainly look into this further and contact your servicing dealership to provide an additional layer of assistance. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if this is something of interest.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care

Last edited by Chevrolet Customer Svc; 02-03-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 07:13 PM   #42
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
How about finding him a job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi VTSummit,

I regret to hear you're experiencing these coolant loss and electrical concerns with your Impala and apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you would like, we can certainly look into this further and contact your servicing dealership to provide an additional layer of assistance. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and dealership name if this is something of interest.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, chevy, consumption, oil