Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #57
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Had mine replaced last Spring. It was good until the weather got cold again. Temperature differences probably change the shaft to bushing fit and cause the squeal. Replacing it with the same part over and over won't help, since they all have the same manufacturing defect. Swapping to one with bearings like blackswan is doing is a good idea, if it works. Interested to hear the outcome.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 11:51 AM   #58
Mikamaro
MikeNoMaro

Drives: A 2016 Challenger R/T M6 STP
Seems to get better with time. Mine does not squeal anymore in cold wheater like it did at low fan settings 1 and 2...took 5 years of light use.

Track Day Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mrgoodman2000/videos
Built #83817, Born January 18th, Christened June 11th 2010, Stolen October 3rd 2016.
Mikamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 05:50 PM   #59
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
I had this problem 1 yr after buying the warrenty covered it
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #60
BlueShadow '13

Drives: 2013 1LS V6 Manual Transmission
I've got a '13 and mine has always made a bit of a crappy rattling sound since day one. No squeaking/squealing though.
BlueShadow '13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:27 AM   #61
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
Seems to get better with time. Mine does not squeal anymore in cold wheater like it did at low fan settings 1 and 2...took 5 years of light use.
I run mine on the low marks also and never had a squeak. Never go past the 1/4 mark and its fine with me.
I just hate the wind noise at higher settings, (just me) on all my cars.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #62
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikamaro View Post
This supports my theory that it's caused by the brushes and that after years of use the brushes wear down and have reduced spring tension, which may alter the resonance of the brush in it's holder. This can also be caused by bits of copper from the commutator getting embedded in the brushes face(s). Cleaning the commutator will probably alleviate the squeak, but cleaning the brush face and rebedding them is probably the best solution. How long will it last? Who knows but so far so good with mine.

Is all this worth saving $80-ish on a new motor? That's for each to decide of course, and even a new motor isn't guaranteed not to squeak, as we've seen. I suppose if it's an older car it's worth it, if new just pull it out and service is as I've done and see how it goes.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=442213

Last edited by blackswan; 02-06-2018 at 08:37 PM.
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 01:36 AM   #63
Pct1theory

Drives: '15 2LT RS - Bee Colors
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackswan View Post
If you had it replaced once already then DIY is trivial.

Remove Glovebox (push in at top on both side to get plastic pins to clear, then just tilt all the way forward and it will fall out ).

Remove the two black screws holding the dash (where the box mounts).
Pull it down a little to expose two more black screws securing the floot vent tube.
Remove the two black screws and wiggle the vent down and out.

Blower motor cover is held in by silver screws, remove those and remove cover (pull straight back towards you).

Disconnect harness.

Blower motor is held in by 3 silver bolt head screws as well. Remove those and fan should come right out.

I just ordered this to replace, claims it has bearings instead of bushings so will let you know how it works.

http://www.autozone.com/cooling-heat...812460_0_1526/

I ordered the four seasons model and installed it this evening. It is LOUD-awful and terrible!!! It almost makes me think it isn't sitting in flush but it should be. I'm going to check again. Made in Canada part it states, no Korea like the others.
Pct1theory is offline   Reply With Quote