Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #1
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Installed Vitesse Paddles

Picked up a set of paddle shifters from Vitesse Motorsports a few weeks ago and finally got around to installing them.

Installation: This was probably one of the easiest mods I've ever done. It took me less than a minute on each side after I reviewed the install video uploaded to YouTube by Vitesse. Popped out the pin holding the stock paddle and put the new paddles on and inserted the pin. Adjusted the paddle using the hex tool that came with the set. There is a screw on the back that allows you to adjust it.

Finish: The finish of the paddle shifters is excellent and beautiful. I did not see any of the issues I've read about nor had to make any changes to the finish. I recall reading about sharp/rough edges.

Overall: I definitely love the look and feel. Gives a much sportier look to the car and it feels so much better over stock. I also like the size of the paddles compared to stock which allow me to shift with my hands in a diff positions on the wheel compared to stock.

I do wish that they came in different colors to color match to either the exterior or interior of the car. I can get it done but would be nice to have the option at POS. Definitely not a deal breaker.

Old 08-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Looks fantastic. I would have them power coated it would be a quick job, you could do accent colors on the + - on the paddles to make them pop.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #3
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
Looks fantastic. I would have them power coated it would be a quick job, you could do accent colors on the + - on the paddles to make them pop.

I think I will do that. I picked up some touch up paint from GM for CRT and will do the +/- and see if I can do the emblem on the steering wheel using the brush. I'll post some pictures when I get that knocked out this weekend.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:05 PM   #4
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
That key looks dangerous, be careful!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
I call it Vera

Drives: ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
That key looks dangerous, be careful!
Actually, if GM thinks our keys are dangerous, those shifters aren't any safer . . .

That being said, I like them. They look very nice.
I call it Vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:08 PM   #6
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Nice but I already hit the stock ones with my knees.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #7
OregonRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
They look good. I have wanted these for a while but was worried that they might get in the way of the blinker and wiper controls. Still plenty of room to operate them?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #8
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I installed a set a couple of weeks ago. Now the left hand down shift unit is loose from where it connects to the steering wheel. Not the paddle but the actual shifting mechanism. I dont see how the paddles or the install could have caused this, but it is what it is. It isnt totally disconnected so something is still holding it in place but it is really really loose.
The bad part is that I see no way to correct this. There are no screws etc from what I can see. Anyone have any thoughts?

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #9
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
I installed a set a couple of weeks ago. Now the left hand down shift unit is loose from where it connects to the steering wheel. Not the paddle but the actual shifting mechanism. I dont see how the paddles or the install could have caused this, but it is what it is. It isnt totally disconnected so something is still holding it in place but it is really really loose.
The bad part is that I see no way to correct this. There are no screws etc from what I can see. Anyone have any thoughts?
Ill have to check mine but didn't notice any excess play. There is a small hex screw that adjust the travel distance when pressed. You may check that out, I would also remove it completely and check the spring that is there and see if it needs to be adjusted or replaced.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:33 PM   #10
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonRS View Post
They look good. I have wanted these for a while but was worried that they might get in the way of the blinker and wiper controls. Still plenty of room to operate them?
Plenty of room to operate the blinker and wiper. If you look at the third picture you can see the distance between the paddles and the controls.. Ill take some better shots today when I pick up my car from the detailed.

The paddles aren't too different from the stock in regards to how the sits behind the wheel and operates.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:36 PM   #11
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

forgot - No issues with my knee's hitting the shifters hahaha
Old 08-02-2014, 11:13 AM   #12
Garys16SS

Drives: 2016 SS, BLACK, MANUAL
I installed the Vitesse paddles after I purchased my ZL1 in November 2012 and about 6 weeks ago and removed them and installed the kit for the gear shift. The kits were both easy to install but I personally like the ability to control the shifts from the shifter versus the steering column. I will install the Vitesse paddles on my 13 Camaro vert
(6 cyl)since I have them and they look good.
1 7/8" headers and exhaust from Stainless Works complete with nonNPP mufflers and 5"outlets, Katech ported TB, Moroso catch can, MRR M017 polished powder wheels, Eibach lowering springs, and BMR upper/ lower trailing arms and upper control arms. ZL1/1le sway bars and Magnusson Supercharger with Jannetty tune. Stay Tuned!!!......More to come.
2014 Camaro Ashen grey, 3.6, 6 speed, Vararam intake, Elite catch can, chrome wheels, and Vitesse controller.
2003 SSR red,
2016 Vette
Garys16SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:23 AM   #13
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
forgot - No issues with my knee's hitting the shifters hahaha
I am 6'5", they tend to get in the way.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camero5 View Post
Plenty of room to operate the blinker and wiper. If you look at the third picture you can see the distance between the paddles and the controls.. Ill take some better shots today when I pick up my car from the detailed.

The paddles aren't too different from the stock in regards to how the sits behind the wheel and operates.

Here are pictures showing the clearance. I think it's plenty. No issues