Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #6413
masterguns95 1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I'm right handed. With a jacket, I wear a crossdraw belt holster. It clears the seat belt fine. I also practice the"draw" from that position about 10 minutes a month. With no jacket, i have a holster betwixt the seat and console usually have a hand towel on the console and just pull it over if I feel I'm not sufficiently covered.
Semper Fi
masterguns95 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #6414
Muscle Car Memories

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS,6 Speed,NPP Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck View Post
I'm conceal carrying a glock 19. Want to hear where you guys keep your weapon in your vehicle while you are driving if you take it off your belt.
I want to get a license to carry but the crap they put you through here in Florida I just dont feel like messing with it but I also beleive by carrying a weapon you can be inviting a confrontation with someone.
Muscle Car Memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #6415
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
back seat or glove box. front seat under a jacket if driving alone. About the only places mine fits - XDM .40

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 01:52 PM   #6416
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace0751 View Post
Try to steal my car and find out what I'm carrying.
This.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:05 PM   #6417
Sigelitest

Drives: White 2016 Z06
yep it has rubber coated hooks and padded straps. works well and is hidden. it holds my sig p220 just fine
Old 01-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #6418
SharpCapt
SharpCapt

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS Silver Ice 2LT A6
My Ruger usually stays in my concealed carry jacket pocket, or in my ankle holster. Always ready, it's America, it's our right. Never want to use it but rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Peace and Respects,

SharpCapt.
SharpCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #6419
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
First , if you are serious about defending yourself a 9mm is not all that good . IMHO a 40S&W or 45acp would be far better . As far as where to keep it in the vehicle , I have a Bladtech IWB holster that I use for CCW and it fits very neatly between the console and the passenger seat at the seatbelt location ,and it is not noticeable to most folks and can very rapidly be deployed . It is in nice and snug so it won't move when your pushing it through corners with the tail out. You better be an damn good shot with a 9mm because shot placement is critical to stop a attacker with a 9mm . I know a high cap 9 is going to get the job done with the right ammo and right shot placement ,but a 40 or 45 is going to be far better . A 40S&W with a 165 grain JHP at 1220 fps or a 45acp with a 230 grain JHP at 980 fps is the hot setup for SD , drug crazed attackers ( tweekers, ) ,need to be thumped hard to stop them . You may notice no department in AZ issues the 9mm. I suggest that if you insist on the 9mm , get some Hornady critical defense ,Corbon ,or Double tap ammo . I Roll my own and have developed a load for 40 and 45 that beats the best you can buy. If you ever decide to upgrade to a 40 or 45 let me know and I will show you ( 100% legal) how to buy a firearm at wholesale with no sales tax. FYI Glocks are fine once you replace the trigger with a Ghost rocket setup ,you will be surprised how much more accurate the modified Glock becomes with a smooth semi crisp 3 to 3.5 # Ghost Rocket trigger with a decent reset .
Old 01-26-2015, 02:36 PM   #6420
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I carry both a cheapie Hypoint that I keep in the glove box of the Jimmy as a truck gun, and a Sig 226 that I carry but not all the time. I usually ankle carry a Beretta 380, the Sig wont fit in my ankle. Whenever I carry the Sig it goes between the center counsel and the seat, just in front of the seat belt buckle. Ill cover it up or take it with me when not in the car.
Attached Images

AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:39 PM   #6421
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
First , if you are serious about defending yourself a 9mm is not all that good . IMHO a 40S&W or 45acp would be far better . As far as where to keep it in the vehicle , I have a Bladtech IWB holster that I use for CCW and it fits very neatly between the console and the passenger seat at the seatbelt location ,and it is not noticeable to most folks and can very rapidly be deployed . It is in nice and snug so it won't move when your pushing it through corners with the tail out. You better be an damn good shot with a 9mm because shot placement is critical to stop a attacker with a 9mm . I know a high cap 9 is going to get the job done with the right ammo and right shot placement ,but a 40 or 45 is going to be far better . A 40S&W with a 165 grain JHP at 1220 fps or a 45acp with a 230 grain JHP at 980 fps is the hot setup for SD , drug crazed attackers ( tweekers, ) ,need to be thumped hard to stop them . You may notice no department in AZ issues the 9mm. I suggest that if you insist on the 9mm , get some Hornady critical defense ,Corbon ,or Double tap ammo . I Roll my own and have developed a load for 40 and 45 that beats the best you can buy. If you ever decide to upgrade to a 40 or 45 let me know and I will show you ( 100% legal) how to buy a firearm at wholesale with no sales tax. FYI Glocks are fine once you replace the trigger with a Ghost rocket setup ,you will be surprised how much more accurate the modified Glock becomes with a smooth semi crisp 3 to 3.5 # Ghost Rocket trigger with a decent reset .
My 380 with Frangable bullets can damage you worse than anyting, all I need to do is hit the siliouette and your going down. Not about the large caliber bullets anymore. I carry the Frangables so the bullet does not hit whatever its going through. For example through the target and unintentionally hit the next unwitting person.

Frangable bullet hit to the center mass, will pretty much require an organ transplant.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #6422
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONIF View Post
Don't want the 9mm debate started here.. I have seen what 9mm can do unfortunately. I appreciate your opinion though. I do work for a police department. I am using LE only ammo.

Was just more curious about the placement for everyone in the vehicle. I use a comptac IWB holster at 4 clock and it's not comfortable with driving nor tactically. On the other hand, I would like not to scratch up the vehicle interior shoving it random places.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:43 PM   #6423
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
under the steering wheel with a sneaky
petes holster Works great and not to spendy.
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 02:45 PM   #6424
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Baretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact and I keep it in the passenger seat pocket or sometimes on the passenger seat if I am not comfortable about my surroundings. I have limo tint so its still concealed.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:46 PM   #6425
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
I want to get a license to carry but the crap they put you through here in Florida I just dont feel like messing with it but I also beleive by carrying a weapon you can be inviting a confrontation with someone.
No CCW needed in AZ. And odd philosophy, trouble still can come around whether you are carrying or not.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:48 PM   #6426
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Memories View Post
Im in Florida and i got mine a few years ago. Just take a concealed weapons class and apply for the permit. It did take about 3 months to get an appointment to get in to be finger printed but its not that bad!
Black GFX / Dynatech Supermaxx LT Headers / FR Black Chrome ZL1 Replicas 275/315 / RDP Tune / CAI / VMAX TB / MBRP SS Catback / Gtechniq CSL & EXOV3 / VTC / RX Catch Can / Valentine 1 / Halo DRL / LED Fogs
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro gun