Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #57
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd2daniel View Post
Brandon will be late for work today, last seen he was spotted swimming in the rear of his Camaro.
now thats funny.....

as far as the whole assembly, it shows the second design complete mechanism/top is still available thru GM. i would be happy with getting that for my car. if the newest design isnt compatible with ours, and everything has to be bought separately i dont see how that is cost effective to GM to fix them. all i know is when i get mine back, if the old mechanism is still in there, and i get one single pinch, rub, anything! i will pursue the buy back. im driving a f-ing rental 1lt vert built 04/12 and there isnt a single mark on the top on that car...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #58
cactuseater

Drives: .
I hear crickets here. Not one Chevy representative has contacted me regarding my open letter to GM posted Tuesday. They really lost me in the super secret meeting held at the dealer that day without my knowledge. At least now I know the credibility and sincerity of those I am dealing with as this climbs the totem pole. That's okay, I get more determined and focused as each day passes.

My plastic lemons are collecting, soon I can decorate my car with them and display a copy of my open letter in my windshield at car shows, events, parking lots, even when I park at the DEALER lot.

The stain in my rear carpet is coming back, and the smell is terrifying again. Good thing is that the new carpet is ordered. Those of you that have dark carpets and had the flood....make sure they replace the carpet, man - a simple car wash style shampoo is not going to work.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #59
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
I hear crickets here. Not one Chevy representative has contacted me regarding my open letter to GM posted Tuesday. They really lost me in the super secret meeting held at the dealer that day without my knowledge. At least now I know the credibility and sincerity of those I am dealing with as this climbs the totem pole. That's okay, I get more determined and focused as each day passes.

My plastic lemons are collecting, soon I can decorate my car with them and display a copy of my open letter in my windshield at car shows, events, parking lots, even when I park at the DEALER lot.

The stain in my rear carpet is coming back, and the smell is terrifying again. Good thing is that the new carpet is ordered. Those of you that have dark carpets and had the flood....make sure they replace the carpet, man - a simple car wash style shampoo is not going to work.
yeah they NEVER posted a single post on my thread about pursuing a buy back for my 45th vert either. ive PMed brandon and got the typical BS reply back. its all lip service, i dont think theres a dam thing he can, or will, do to help anyone on here. they are just as useless as the "GM cust service" on the phone, ive YET to speak to someone that speaks fluent english, i can barely understand wtf they are saying. i wouldnt doubt if they are all in the middle east at a call center. just saying...
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #60
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by crd2daniel View Post
Brandon will be late for work today, last seen he was spotted swimming in the rear of his Camaro.

I don't normally go for the negative humor against someone that is most likely just doing what he is told but I have to admit...this one was funny.
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:43 AM   #61
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
they are just as useless as the "GM cust service" on the phone, ive YET to speak to someone that speaks fluent english, i can barely understand wtf they are saying. i wouldnt doubt if they are all in the middle east at a call center. just saying...
You are usually talking to someone in Argentina. That's who I am dealing with.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #62
cactuseater

Drives: .
Dropped by the dealership with the convertible today, 7/3/2012. Still no word on the parts according to the service manager. Looking for the new canvas top, new carpet, and other things. Meanwhile, has anyone else been waiting for the new top (canvas) very long? Mine was ordered on 5/18/2012.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #63
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Dropped by the dealership with the convertible today, 7/3/2012. Still no word on the parts according to the service manager. Looking for the new canvas top, new carpet, and other things. Meanwhile, has anyone else been waiting for the new top (canvas) very long? Mine was ordered on 5/18/2012.
My new top and mechanism was not ordered yet but I was warned that when it is ordered it could take at least a month. I told them I don't care as long as it gets ordered. The carpet was not mentioned as far as delivery times.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #64
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
at least you guys get new carpet.
GM Canada would not approve new carpet, but only the underpadding.So I have new underpadding and carpet that has been cleaned and sanitized and dried for 3-4 days.
When I received my vert back after the water management bag replacement.
No odour,carpet was perfectly dry and had a better fit in the rear footwells after the reinstall.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #65
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Sorry to hear about your delay man.I would check with your dealer man. My redesigned top was ordered for me on 6/15/12 and arrived at the dealer 6/21/12 installed 6/22/12. On the bright side once you get your new top you should love it man, almost 2 weeks in with new top and its been nothing but perfect. Good Luck.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #66
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Good luck with all your parts getting in and installed properly... THIS is why i will never own a vert....

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #67
rainey85

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro Vert.
Quote:
Our case # has been "escalated" supposedly, by the GM Customer Assistance folks, to where I have no idea. The car sits at the dealer now for it's 9th day on the water management system flooding and mildew/mold/interior damage issue alone. I am hoping the extra time needed is to replace the carpet and the rear seat cushion. Top #3 is on "order" although I've demanded an entire new mechanism and associated parts on the day we bought the car.

Yeah. Complete failure here. It took 4 new rotors, new front calipers, new brake pads, a new front windshield (the wrong glass was on the car - the HUD would not display!), a multitude of exterior trim work, a full paint restoration, a visit to the body shop, two convertible tops (#3 pending on order...), and a set of 4 wheels (paint peeling off the original set...still pending "approval"), top latch re-attached twice, rear view mirror fell off the windshield - on the lot - on delivery day. What a great 172 point inspection. The list goes on, there is more.

I've been nice, but I'll tell you my patience is wearing very, very thin on this car. We are both so sick of hearing apologies without substance. My wife and I are beyond fed up. At least my 2011 2SS/RS Coupe is running good. But this thing is a nightmare. I feel with you guys that are paying for these cars monthly and cannot drive them or operate them as they were advertised to perform. It would be nice to have a correctly operating, aesthetically correct fitment, and properly performing roof over your head. Makes you feel backed-up against a wall having to deal with this crap every day.

Sorry for the vent, but it's been a a real slice of heaven with this car lately.

Let's see what Monday brings....
Sorry you are having the water issues. I just traded my vert in because it had been in shop 15 times in 9 mths for a total of over 40 days. I too had the water issue (rear pass. floor flooded) and it ended up being 2 body seams that were not sealed during production. If they can't get it fixed you might want to mention this to them. Good luck!

rainey85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #68
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
Sorry you are having the water issues. I just traded my vert in because it had been in shop 15 times in 9 mths for a total of over 40 days. I too had the water issue (rear pass. floor flooded) and it ended up being 2 body seams that were not sealed during production. If they can't get it fixed you might want to mention this to them. Good luck!

What do you have now?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 AM   #69
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainey85 View Post
We also had the body seam leak issue with our 2011.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #70
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Good luck man hope everything works out.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote