Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-15-2021, 10:45 PM   #1
jeremy02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
The Road to 700 RWHP

So, like the title says...I've picked up a 2014 ZL1, looking to get it close to 700 RWHP.

Currently the car has a rotofab, American racing longtubes, custom mid pipe, and a tune. All of these mods were done prior to me purchasing, so unsure of current RWHP, assuming ~600.

I contacted a local shop about going to a smaller pulley and they advise that if I do that I will need to replace injectors. Is that accurate?

Is there a "go to" / "Golden standard" injectors out there I should get? Canni go ahead and swap the injectors without tuning, and swap the pulley & get a tune at a later date? Are there other supporting mods I will need before 700? Heat exchanger, etc?

Thanks. First time with a supercharged car, so it's new to me.
jeremy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 12:21 AM   #2
dru21281

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy02 View Post
So, like the title says...I've picked up a 2014 ZL1, looking to get it close to 700 RWHP.

Currently the car has a rotofab, American racing longtubes, custom mid pipe, and a tune. All of these mods were done prior to me purchasing, so unsure of current RWHP, assuming ~600.

I contacted a local shop about going to a smaller pulley and they advise that if I do that I will need to replace injectors. Is that accurate?

Is there a "go to" / "Golden standard" injectors out there I should get? Canni go ahead and swap the injectors without tuning, and swap the pulley & get a tune at a later date? Are there other supporting mods I will need before 700? Heat exchanger, etc?

Thanks. First time with a supercharged car, so it's new to me.
Injectors are normally required for a smaller upper pulley (2.38-2.50). Unless the tune is neutered which isn't really worth it(Injector duty cycle will be high 80-100%+ and if it gets cold enough it can run out of fuel and cause engine damage.

So you will need a tune either way. Also Cant upgrade injectors and/or pulley and run the car without a retune. So better to upgrade everything at once then tune as it runs $500+. Or you cab buy HPT pro+wideband and do a remote email tune. Some remote tuners offer retunes after the initial for decent prices($5-100) like PCM of NC, Jannetty Racing, Rick Crawford and Patrick Guerra(PatGTuning).

ID(Injector Dynamics) injectors are one of the best and they supply the correct data for them and 100% ethanol compatible. A bit expensive but well worth the investment as anything fuel related shouldn't be skimped out on.
Other good injectors are FIC's(there's actually 2 diff companies) , Fuel injector connection and Fuel Injector Clinic.

Could also send in your OEM injectors and have them made larger which runs much less. There's are several companies that do it, but can't remember now.

Boost-a-pump(baps) are also an option to increase fuel supply. I use a JMS PowerMax Fuelmax(w/ID1000 injectors) and it's a great unit!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
dru21281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 05:04 AM   #3
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
check out my signature below. it take a fare amount to get to that 700 rwhp mark. i also have a jms boost a pump for sale already set up for the zl1 in the for sale section.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:33 AM   #4
ChuckZL1

Drives: Chevy Camaro ZL-1
Good Luck with Build, but I hate to tell you with your current mods you are no where near 600 RWHP. Maybe 500 if you are lucky.

[QUOTE=jeremy02;11040632]So, like the title says...I've picked up a 2014 ZL1, looking to get it close to 700 RWHP.

Thanks. First time with a supercharged car, so it's new to me.[/QUOTe
ChuckZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #5
LazarUSAffects

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I have Rotofab intake, Tsp 2" LT, NW 102 throttle, ported snout, 2.5 upper, 9.5 lower, fic 1300, Dsx aux, BTR stage 3, stock fuel pump, stock npp. Cant recall what else,, gist of what I recall of what's installed and 10hp shy of your goal. Hope this helps
LazarUSAffects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 04:07 PM   #6
diddies

Drives: 2013 ZL1
[QUOTE=ChuckZL1;11040890]Good Luck with Build, but I hate to tell you with your current mods you are no where near 600 RWHP. Maybe 500 if you are lucky.

Quote:

Thanks. First time with a supercharged car, so it's new to me.[/QUOTe
He is more than 500whp
diddies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:12 PM   #7
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarUSAffects View Post
I have Rotofab intake, Tsp 2" LT, NW 102 throttle, ported snout, 2.5 upper, 9.5 lower, fic 1300, Dsx aux, BTR stage 3, stock fuel pump, stock npp. Cant recall what else,, gist of what I recall of what's installed and 10hp shy of your goal. Hope this helps
I have intake, 1 7/8" LT, NW 102 throttle, ported snout (full tilt), 2.5 upper, 9.0 lower, ID 1300, Dsx aux, BTR stage 2, dual fuel pumps, Fore rails, HEX, D3,stock npp. Cant recall what else,, gist of what I recall of what's installed...have nearly 800 on corn and low 700's on 93. Hope this helps,
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:48 PM   #8
LazarUSAffects

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB'sZL1 View Post
I have intake, 1 7/8" LT, NW 102 throttle, ported snout (full tilt), 2.5 upper, 9.0 lower, ID 1300, Dsx aux, BTR stage 2, dual fuel pumps, Fore rails, HEX, D3,stock npp. Cant recall what else,, gist of what I recall of what's installed...have nearly 800 on corn and low 700's on 93. Hope this helps,
Hmph! It's almost like we had most all our mods done at the same shop..pahaha
LazarUSAffects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 08:07 PM   #9
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarUSAffects View Post
Hmph! It's almost like we had most all our mods done at the same shop..pahaha
It's a good way to get 700-800 rwhp. Just have to get to the ground. You saved me time by getting similar mods.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #10
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
If you are not planning to go E85 which will still require fuel system upgrade, then head porting, Cam, upper and lower pulley change increase of boost, Injectors but you can easily achieve your goal with Siemen Deka 60 lb injectors on non E85 and save money, I would recommend upgrading your fuel pump Livernois have one (dual pump drop in) to achieve your goal and a heat exchanger upgrade as well. If you want to port your supercharger then that will yield you even more above that, I do not recall if your car was a auto or manual tranny which will make a difference as well and last if you are using a Mustang or Dyno Jet dyno will be a difference of about 80 to 100 horsepower the Mustang being the lower reading.

Last edited by Little Walter; 07-18-2021 at 06:09 PM.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 06:56 PM   #11
jeremy02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
If you are not planning to go E85 which will still require fuel system upgrade, then head porting, Cam, Injectors but you can easily achieve your goal with Siemen Deka 60 lb injectors on non E85 and save money, I would recommend upgrading your fuel pump Livernois have one (dual pump drop in) to achieve your goal and a heat exchanger upgrade as well. If you want to port your supercharger then that will yield you even more above that, I do not recall if your car was a auto or manual tranny which will make a difference as well and last if you are using a Mustang or Dyno Jet dyno will be a difference of about 80 to 100 horsepower the Mustang being the lower reading.
Thanks for the info! Do you have a link to the Deka Injectors? Most injectors I have been looking at are $1k+ a set, I'm assuming because they are E85 compatible, which I'm not looking to do. Just regular ole 93 octane.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:38 PM   #12
Mmcmon

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Do you have a link to the Deka Injectors? Most injectors I have been looking at are $1k+ a set, I'm assuming because they are E85 compatible, which I'm not looking to do. Just regular ole 93 octane.
Get id850 injectors for your application. They have good injector data charts.
Mmcmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2021, 11:00 PM   #13
Little Walter

Quote:
The ID 850's are not made anymore the ID 1050X are the one you would have to use from ID now which are no doubt good but for what you are asking for and more up to 802 rwhp I know for a fact the Siemen Deka work awesome and tuning them at idle and lower rpm range is perfect also for low rpm drivability. I think Lethal Performance, Livernois and many more have them for around $400.00 with the adaptors, you would want the short ones not the longs. Don't just take my advice check with some of the shops mentioned and get there opinion. The link is below. If you are in NC you have RPM Motorsports and Mayhem Motorsports in your back door, both very familiar with your car.

https://siemensdeka.com/product/60lb...114962-37-5mm/
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:33 AM   #14
jeremy02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
The ID 850's are not made anymore the ID 1050X are the one you would have to use from ID now which are no doubt good but for what you are asking for and more up to 802 rwhp I know for a fact the Siemen Deka work awesome and tuning them at idle and lower rpm range is perfect also for low rpm drivability. I think Lethal Performance, Livernois and many more have them for around $400.00 with the adaptors, you would want the short ones not the longs. Don't just take my advice check with some of the shops mentioned and get there opinion. The link is below. If you are in NC you have RPM Motorsports and Mayhem Motorsports in your back door, both very familiar with your car.

https://siemensdeka.com/product/60lb...114962-37-5mm/
Awesome...
So.im thinking to start I will do the Siemen Injectors, 2.45 pulley, 160* thermostat...wondering if I shoukd go ahead with a new heat exchanger. Any recommendations there?