Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-02-2022, 09:48 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
Monster support throw out bearing installation

I have a new slave cylinder and the monster billet support for the throw out bearing. There is a ring that hold the throwout bearing on the slave cylinder. I want to know what the safe way is to remove that ring without damaging it. I looked all over google and here and found one video, by he pried it off with a screwdriver. His worked, but it seems like one false move and the clip will snap or bend and not go back on right.

Anyone have any tips for install?
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:00 PM   #2
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Don’t overthink it - it pops right out.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 09:31 AM   #3
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1 m6
Flat head screw driver is how I did it - lightly pry up and work the ring out moving around the lip while prying up . It’ll come out just don’t hulk it ..

Make sure you use some grease for the billet support piece - while your there you mine aswell as install remote bleeder . Trust us when we say if you don’t get the remote bleeder you’ll regret it when you need to bleed your clutch , which you’ll probably have to do anyway after you finish the install

Oh you can always practice on the stock slave cylinder to get a feel for it
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 12:37 PM   #4
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
Flat head screw driver is how I did it - lightly pry up and work the ring out moving around the lip while prying up . It’ll come out just don’t hulk it ..

Make sure you use some grease for the billet support piece - while your there you mine aswell as install remote bleeder . Trust us when we say if you don’t get the remote bleeder you’ll regret it when you need to bleed your clutch , which you’ll probably have to do anyway after you finish the install

Oh you can always practice on the stock slave cylinder to get a feel for it
I’m just nervous because of the time it takes to get parts right now. Thanks for the advice!

I installed a remote bleeder without dropping the trans this winter, there is no way I will ever do it that way again. That remote bleeder is an amazing thing, tick deserves an award.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:46 PM   #5
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Just swapped the plastic for the billet. Took 2 minutes, easy as can be. Thanks for giving me the confidence to pry out the holding clip.