Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-20-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
Jackster

Drives: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Send a message via Skype™ to Jackster
P012C, need wiring diagram

Hi,

I get the P012C for the supercharger inlet pressure sensor on my 2013 ZL1. I did check the sensor, did check the connector (have another functioning car next to me to swap parts, which I did on pretty much all electrical related sensors and components), everything seems fine other than when checked for connectivity between the sensor and the ECM, there is none. I need the wiring diagram to find which pin on the ECM is for the sensor. Can anyone help? I've been dealing with this for weeks now...
Jackster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:47 AM   #2
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
Hi Jackster,

I have the four volumes Helm Inc service manuals for 2013, and the layout is very confusing as diagnostic and repair instructions jump from one volume or chapter to another. I will try to provide clear advice.

P012C Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor can be caused by loss (open) of the 5V reference from the ECM or loss (open) of the signal from the pressure sensor.

The routing of the 5V reference is via a light blue coloured wire from connector X2 pin 62 at the ECM, via connector X102 pin 24 of Forward Lamp to Engine harness, to pin E at the sensor.

The routing of the sensor signal is via a tan coloured wire from pin D at the sensor, via connector X102 pin 16 of Forward Lamp to Engine harness, to connector X2 pin 42 at the ECM.

The X2 connector is the 73 pin connector located at the ECM, and the X102 connector is the 40 pin connector located on the right-side inner fender between the head lamp and shock absorber.

Hope this helps.
John
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZZL1 View Post
Hi Jackster,

I have the four volumes Helm Inc service manuals for 2013, and the layout is very confusing as diagnostic and repair instructions jump from one volume or chapter to another. I will try to provide clear advice.

P012C Supercharger Inlet Pressure Sensor can be caused by loss (open) of the 5V reference from the ECM or loss (open) of the signal from the pressure sensor.

The routing of the 5V reference is via a light blue coloured wire from connector X2 pin 62 at the ECM, via connector X102 pin 24 of Forward Lamp to Engine harness, to pin E at the sensor.

The routing of the sensor signal is via a tan coloured wire from pin D at the sensor, via connector X102 pin 16 of Forward Lamp to Engine harness, to connector X2 pin 42 at the ECM.

The X2 connector is the 73 pin connector located at the ECM, and the X102 connector is the 40 pin connector located on the right-side inner fender between the head lamp and shock absorber.

Hope this helps.
John

Auckland, You run a cattle catcher on the front? Seriously, that’s awesome.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 02:55 PM   #4
NZZL1

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 Camaro M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMEnow View Post
Auckland, You run a cattle catcher on the front? Seriously, that’s awesome.
Hah, we normally get sheep jokes, as in the 70s there were about 70 million of them to 3 million human population!

Seriously, there are quite a few Gen5 Camaros and and even larger proportion of ZL1s in New Zealand. We have a very strong petrol head culture in the older generation. I think this was due to post-WWII where was very little leisure activity on the weekends. The shops and pubs were closed, and most modern-day leisure activities did not exist! There was little else to do except church, rugby, horse racing, movie theatre, or mow the lawn. The economy was "closed" and imports of USA vehicles were strictly limited to purchase by such as farmers who generated "overseas funds" from exports. The local heroes of the day for the younger set, were New Zealand racing drivers in F1 and Le Mans, such as McLaren, Hulme, etc.

I think that this environment created the interest in motor sport and USA vehicles eg. https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndClassics/
NZZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 03:08 PM   #5
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Hah, we normally get sheep jokes, as in the 70s there were about 70 million of them to 3 million human population!

Seriously, there are quite a few Gen5 Camaros and and even larger proportion of ZL1s in New Zealand. We have a very strong petrol head culture in the older generation. I think this was due to post-WWII where was very little leisure activity on the weekends. The shops and pubs were closed, and most modern-day leisure activities did not exist! There was little else to do except church, rugby, horse racing, movie theatre, or mow the lawn. The economy was "closed" and imports of USA vehicles were strictly limited to purchase by such as farmers who generated "overseas funds" from exports. The local heroes of the day for the younger set, were New Zealand racing drivers in F1 and Le Mans, such as McLaren, Hulme, etc.

I think that this environment created the interest in motor sport and USA vehicles eg. https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndClassics/

Very Cool..
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #6
5thgenlife

Drives: zl1
Quote:
Hi Jackster,

Hope this helps.
John
Your wiring is not correct. Here are the proper wires.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
5thgenlife is offline   Reply With Quote