Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #3613
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Yeah I have an AR as well. No way to tell what position that bolt is in because the dust cover is closed. But as long as the gun is safed, the bolt can be put into whatever position you please. I keep my bolt open with a cable lock through the dust cover/feeder when it's in the case. It's not my home protection weapon, so I store it "locked" for legal issues. The home protection device is the shotgun. IMO, there is nothing better for that purpose. I don't even keep buck in it... I use birdshot. I don't want to take someone's life if I don't have to, but I want to make damn sure they regret whatever stupid sh** they did that made me pull the trigger lol.
Completely agree. Birdshot will definitely make somebody rethink their life.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #3614
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
it scares the hell out of me. i am going to become a father in the next couple months here and seeing the state of things makes me worry for the next generation. And at the same time i have to consider how to separate the teachings of society and pop culture from what i want my child to learn.
You can't keep them from learning from the pop culture. All you can do is teach them the values and righteous principles that make sense. They will fold the two together.

I'm proud of my two so far. Been a battle in many ways but just spend the time with them. It's the idle time and boredom that get them.

I have groomed my kids to never have kids. I hope they don't. But we fear a world that we have never known. I guess, in their case, you can't miss what you never knew.

Sad what is happening.

I am a law abiding citizen, VFW and of native American heritage who loves my country and will comply with the Gov. as they legislate according to the constitution and what the populous wants. But if they were to legislate the removal of our guns I will consider them to be a threat to my country and an enemy.

Our constitution has already been tweaked and distorted in translation but there are parts of it that cannot be misunderstood. You can argue dark and light blue. You can NOT argue black and white. I can not live under the rule of ANYONE. It's not what I know. We were given a gift through the blood of our fathers, uncles and mothers and aunts. In fact, I already consider many of them to be enemies already. Won't name names but I will NOT be a sheep.

Teach your kids these things, push for military service, teach them to stand up for those who can't defend themselves. Your kids may never know the freedoms we had. around 2030 when it starts to effect your first kid. Things may be drastically different then.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:43 AM   #3615
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
i have been thinking about this and i think that the first thing i would do if they outlawed them is bury them and report them stolen. when it was time to organize i would have my life and weapon to fight.

I don't think getting in an outnumber fight on my doorstep would have much effect on the opposition or for the cause.
I thought about the whole scenario. I just don't think I'd be able to resist telling them to screw off. It would be local guys who KNOW they are contrary to our liberties that came to the door.

BUT, I doubt that will ever happen.

I only own hand guns right now but all of this has changed my mind. I'll be buying bigger soon.

But it's the ammo that they will stifle us with.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #3616
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
You can't keep them from learning from the pop culture. All you can do is teach them the values and righteous principles that make sense. They will fold the two together.

I'm proud of my two so far. Been a battle in many ways but just spend the time with them. It's the idle time and boredom that get them.

I have groomed my kids to never have kids. I hope they don't. But we fear a world that we have never known. I guess, in their case, you can't miss what you never knew.

Sad what is happening.

I am a law abiding citizen, VFW and of native American heritage who loves my country and will comply with the Gov. as they legislate according to the constitution and what the populous wants. But if they were to legislate the removal of our guns I will consider them to be a threat to my country and an enemy.

Our constitution has already been tweaked and distorted in translation but there are parts of it that cannot be misunderstood. You can argue dark and light blue. You can NOT argue black and white. I can not live under the rule of ANYONE. It's not what I know. We were given a gift through the blood of our fathers, uncles and mothers and aunts. In fact, I already consider many of them to be enemies already. Won't name names but I will NOT be a sheep.

Teach your kids these things, push for military service, teach them to stand up for those who can't defend themselves. Your kids may never know the freedoms we had. around 2030 when it starts to effect your first kid. Things may be drastically different then.

100% agree.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #3617
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Quote:
i have been thinking about this and i think that the first thing i would do if they outlawed them is bury them and report them stolen. when it was time to organize i would have my life and weapon to fight.

I don't think getting in an outnumber fight on my doorstep would have much effect on the opposition or for the cause.

I certainly agree with your intent. We would be much more valuable if we had a chance to organize first, but here's how I think about it: what good are your guns if they are buried? What if someone comes into your house looking for trouble? You won't have time to go dig it up. But if you keep it handy, and they come knocking you will either have to fight or give up your arms. If you fight, we all know how that will end eventually. If you give it up, chances are they will also arrest you for possession of illegal weapons.

Our only real chance is to try to see ahead and organize before we are forced to deal with this as individual house-holds.
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #3618
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
what about buying just a lower? that is the only controlled part the rest can be shipped to your door. I would hate for you to miss out on the gun if some laws changed. (not fueling the fire, and i don't think it will change)

As for the Ruger American i have heard good things, i was looking at one of their rifles yesterday but i cant remember which...
I was not aware, maybe naively so, that the only controlled part was the lower. That is certainly a good thought. Off to look up some lowers...
Old 01-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #3619
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
I attended a small school Citizens Christian Academy.

6th grade I started being bullied by some 8th grade smuck. I had seen our principal head kids off in the gym with boxing gloves to sort out their disagreement in a controlled enviroment. I requested to do so and he agreed. We duked it out until we couldnt breathe anymore and shook on it. (he did whip me pretty good but i did draw blood)

Me and this guy became great friends and he stopped his bullying shortly after.

Thats the problem. We shelter our kids and never let them sort things out until its too late. When they finally choose to take action it tends to happen in the extreme. Im not condoning violence but some of these kids need a way to get their anger out....not with their trigger finger.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #3620
2010SS2SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 2SS
Quote:
I don't even keep buck in it... I use birdshot

First off at 15-20 ft birdshot WILL kill! Secondly shooting someone to wound and stating that fact will land you in the middle of a lawsuit.
Never shoot to wound or disable if thats the case your better off not having a weapon or just paying a tazer.
Loading a shotgun with birdshot for home defense is good only because it will not overpenetrate walls, where buckshot will travel on average through one to two double drywalled walls birshot will most likely stall after the first and possibly half depending on distance.

Check out the link for some good info:

2010SS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #3621
only the beSSt

Drives: IOM 1LE, awaiting my return
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post

6th grade I started being bullied by some 8th grade smuck. I had seen our principal head kids off in the gym with boxing gloves to sort out their disagreement in a controlled enviroment. I requested to do so and he agreed. We duked it out until we couldnt breathe anymore and shook on it. (he did whip me pretty good but i did draw blood)

Thats the problem. We shelter our kids and never let them sort things out until its too late. When they finally choose to take action it tends to happen in the extreme. Im not condoning violence but some of these kids need a way to get their anger out....not with their trigger finger.
AMEN!
only the beSSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #3622
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
I dont why I cant post links or maybe I'm just too dumb to know how idk. But can someone look up what Wyoming lawmakers are proposing as a rebuttal on a gun ban and post it up.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #3623
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
it scares the hell out of me. i am going to become a father in the next couple months here and seeing the state of things makes me worry for the next generation. And at the same time i have to consider how to separate the teachings of society and pop culture from what i want my child to learn.
The fact that you're thinking about it ahead of time already means that you will be a great father and role model for your children.

Quote:

Sad what is happening.

I'll be 47 in 2030. I can't even begin to think that far ahead and imagine what the world will be like. It's kinda scary when you really start thinking about it.

Quote:
Was listening to the radio this mornign on the way to work and the host asked the question "If they actually show up at your door for your gun, what will you do?"

He wasn't taking calls on it but just posing the question.

It WILL be a fight with me.

But the next question will be WHO shows up at the door. I know many of our local county ans state police in my area and I'd bet many of them will quit before they would carry that out.
Quote:

Quote:
I thought about the whole scenario. I just don't think I'd be able to resist telling them to screw off. It would be local guys who KNOW they are contrary to our liberties that came to the door.

BUT, I doubt that will ever happen.

I only own hand guns right now but all of this has changed my mind. I'll be buying bigger soon.

But it's the ammo that they will stifle us with.
There's a guy who posted a youtube video (even though it was just his voice audio dubbed over a picture of the Constitution, or some imagery like that) that said a gunfight on your doorstep will do nothing to help the Pro-2A cause. He mentioned a better plan would be to go out and buy a couple low-price, low-end, "crappy" guns and if confiscation ever occurs, hide your good weapons and only hand over those "crappy" firearms.

And while I agree with him, I don't think it will ever come to a point where police will be going door-to-door to confiscate guns. The only way the federal government could ever ban the ownership of any firearms and confiscate the ones we already own would require the repealing of the Second Amendment outright. And that kind of action would require ratification by 3/4ths of the states (so, 38 of the 50 states, or 43, if you're using Obama's 57-state number ). I just can't see it ever happening, especially given the trend we've seen of any and every type of firearm being sold like hotcakes.

Who is going to do the confiscation?

I imagine the percentage of law enforcement officials that are Pro-2A is pretty high. Do you really think those LEO's would accept a mandate that required them to go door-to-door to confiscate possibly well-armed citizens? That would be a logistical nightmare.

Would the President use the military?

I also imagine the vast majority of the military are Pro-2A as well. Could you imagine the President trying to use martial law and forcing the military to do the confiscating instead? You'd have open civil war. A very high percentage of the military would defect and tell the President that he has overstepped his bounds. A mutiny of sorts.

So, I just can't see confiscation of currently owned weapons ever being on the table. While they may talk tough, I doubt the extremists will ever be able to get their way.

I could totally be wrong, and believe me, I hope for the best but I tend to plan for the worst. But that scenario just seems way too impossible given the sheer number of Pro-2A people in this country.

My VIN = 2G1FK1EJ9A9105017
Build Date: 04-23-2009 according to:
http://www.compnine.com/vid.php
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:25 AM   #3624
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post

I think this is true as well. Giving kids no appropriate outlet for anger, a perfectly normal, and, at times, healthy human emotion is a setup for future disaster.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #3625
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointer lover View Post
look into Rock river arms for lefty uppers i to am a lefty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetch15 View Post
Rock river makes one I believe. Good luck actually finding one though.
Yup RRA does (that's actually my lower set up) but apparently RRA is on like a year back order.. lol.

At this point Im looking into any complete upper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #3626
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
They should do it without rounds in the magazine

In other... possibly good news:

"Vice President Joe Biden announced Thursday that he will recommend new gun control measures to President Barack Obama, which include more comprehensive background checks on gun buyers and limits on the sizes of ammunition magazines. The proposal could lead to the most significant move on guns in 20 years, but one regulation highly coveted by gun control advocates is notably missing: a ban on assault weapons."
NO Compromise! NONE.

Any compromise is a slap in the face of generations of men who were willing to fight, and died for, our Constitutional rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I dont why I cant post links or maybe I'm just too dumb to know how idk. But can someone look up what Wyoming lawmakers are proposing as a rebuttal on a gun ban and post it up.
They're basically just saying, F U Mr. O

Quote:
Ten Wyoming lawmakers have proposed legislation that they claim would nullify any new federal laws banning assault weapons.

The proposed bill HB0104 states that “any federal law which attempts to ban a semi-automatic firearm or to limit the size of a magazine of a firearm or other limitation on firearms in this state shall be unenforceable in Wyoming,”

Tags
camaro gun