Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
juandavr

Drives: BMW M235i
Exclamation Help! low dyno results

Hi to everyone, so this is the thing, in January i took mi Camaro 2LT/RS (stock) to the dyno, to see how much it was developing, but the results were kind of...dissapointing.

It marked about 213WHP, and then we "bypassed" the intake (so the air didnt pass throug the filter) and it did about 10WHP more. The guy at the dyno said that this kind of dyno "punished" the performance of the car, the dyno we're talking about it's like a box that is connected directly to the wheels, and not the rolling bar one (sorry, don't know their names)

So later I bought an Airaid intake which I'm really happy with it and I want to take it again to see how it is performing, what would you recomend, take it to other dyno or the same? also, which mod should come next (besides FI).

Sorry about the long post, as you can see I'm a noob Lol.
Thanks!

juandavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
That looks like some bad false knock. I would take it to a normal dyno (with the roll bars).
Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Unfkwthabl

Drives: 2011 V6 Synergy Green Camaro
IMO the car was not dynoed correctly or that has to be the lowest reading dyno on earth. Try another dyno and you should see better results.
Unfkwthabl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
So the car was stationary (he didn't connect something to the wheels or driveshaft and drive the car out on the road), and there are no rollers so the wheels weren't turning when he generated those figures?

Do you have a side shot picture of the car hooked up?

I've gotta agree with everyone else, although you normally would want to compare before and after dyno results on the same device, I don't think I'd submit my car to another "punishing" dyno run- if you have another dyno available in your area.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
juandavr

altought I agree with you that to see the performance difference the test should be in the same device, i'm going to take it to another one to see what it is really giving

Here is a side shot I just found
Old 03-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I have to also agree this dyno shows a lot of false knock. This is the reason for the low numbers. To be honest I personally have never seen false knock on a stock V6.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 03-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I don't feel it was done incorrectly.

I have seen one or two other dynos done on this "dyno-pack" dyno where the pack literally mounts up to the rear bolts of the car and gets its readings that way. The results on those were very low as well.

Not to mention the dyno guy told you these read low compared to others. Its just a low reading dyno.

Not saying there weren't other factors involved in giving such low numbers, such as your location, or maybe even false knock, although honestly I think false knock is a term being used a bit much around here as of late. Thats another topic.

Ask the guy what other STOCK cars he has dyno'd on his machine, and ask him how the numbers were there compared to what they might run on a typical dynojet or mustang dyno. I highly doubt your car is running badly.

If you want to get your car re-dyno'd with the AirRaid intake and see the gains then you need to go back to the same place...otherwise you won't have a baseline dyno run to compare it to. You could go to a place with a different dyno type, but if you get 250rwhp there, or whatever that number may be, then you still have no idea of what your real gains are.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
juandavr

Quote:
Ask the guy what other STOCK cars he has dyno'd on his machine
that's one problem, because it was the first camaro and there are about 2 or 3 more camaros in my city.

Is there any you would recommend to get an exacto reading?. I live in a city that is about 5.000ft AGL and the average temperature is about 24 to 28°c

thanks!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
kuzman89

Drives: Ly7
It's a dyno... a tuning tool. People get so hooked up on dyno numbers, that in the real world mean squat.
kuzman89 is offline   Reply With Quote