Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #57
Frans96ss

Drives: 96SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Does the AGP kit come with crack?

But seriously I agree with Fran, the AGP install looks straight forward, but it is more work than just installing LTs. I think even I could do it maybe over two to three days. The estimates I get are two days. The centrifugal install looks a bit trickier to me but less time consuming.

With the extra cost, weight, and complexity of the TT setup, and now the cat purchase and fab, I am leaning centrifugal. I still like the turbo idea better. I can sell my LTs and cats to make up part of the difference. And I still do like the turbo idea better.

But for the price of just the AGP TT kit I can have a centrifugal with injectors installed and tuned while I stay home and smoke my pipe.

Ill figure something out next week for you and see if we can work something out.
Frans96ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #58
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
Fran, call Kevin@AGP. He will set you up with a killer deal on a 1st kit and get setup as a dealer if you want. It is seriously a nice setup.

I noticed on their facebook page the custom TT badges that match SS on the back are done.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #59
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post

....But for the price of just the AGP TT kit I can have a centrifugal with injectors installed and tuned while I stay home and smoke my pipe.
Last I checked a few months ago, pricing was pretty much even between the supercharger kits and the AGP kit. In fact, for someone coming out of a 100% stock car, the AGP kit comes out cheaper, because you DO NOT buy headers and cats. That's 1-2 G notes saved right there, if one adds labour to install on the bill .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:49 PM   #60
Unreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
Last I checked a few months ago, pricing was pretty much even between the supercharger kits and the AGP kit. In fact, for someone coming out of a 100% stock car, the AGP kit comes out cheaper, because you DO NOT buy headers and cats. That's 1-2 G notes saved right there, if one adds labour to install on the bill .
No cai, no pulleys, no cam, no upgraded injectors, etc to make 700-800rwhp. Only thing the kit is missing would be fuel pumps to support that, otherwise just crank the boost up.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:02 AM   #61
Frans96ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
Fran, call Kevin@AGP. He will set you up with a killer deal on a 1st kit and get setup as a dealer if you want. It is seriously a nice setup.

I noticed on their facebook page the custom TT badges that match SS on the back are done.

Ill give him a call on monday
Old 02-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #62
kpwalls06
Cory

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6;
Gents, let me chime in for a second. I'm in the midst of installing an AGP TT kit in my garage, with the car on jackstands, and I've done everything (I mean absolutely everything) so far by myself. The AGP kit really is no harder than installing LT headers, but it takes MUCH MORE time. There are many more steps, that while they are no more difficult, they are added steps. That said, I'm pretty much in love with this kit so far. It all fits really well, and aside from having to get under the car, then back out, then back under many times to make sure I'm doing it all correctly, it's not complicated. I've even called AGP once so far with a question, took about 45 seconds, and I was back to work. Kit = good, customer service = good. I'm stoked about where I'm gonna be when it's done.

All that said, best of luck with your choices, there are many available, and the community here will help with anything you need if they can.
kpwalls06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM   #63
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpwalls06 View Post
Gents, let me chime in for a second. I'm in the midst of installing an AGP TT kit in my garage, with the car on jackstands, and I've done everything (I mean absolutely everything) so far by myself. The AGP kit really is no harder than installing LT headers, but it takes MUCH MORE time. There are many more steps, that while they are no more difficult, they are added steps. That said, I'm pretty much in love with this kit so far. It all fits really well, and aside from having to get under the car, then back out, then back under many times to make sure I'm doing it all correctly, it's not complicated. I've even called AGP once so far with a question, took about 45 seconds, and I was back to work. Kit = good, customer service = good. I'm stoked about where I'm gonna be when it's done.

All that said, best of luck with your choices, there are many available, and the community here will help with anything you need if they can.
Great input and contact me if you need any help or questions. At least I can hand you wrenches!

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:27 PM   #64
msp2887

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans96ss View Post
Ill give him a call on monday
Send me a PM if you hear good news from them. I think I've finally got my finances set up for some work.
msp2887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #65
Frans96ss

Spoke with AGP and made Fraxum a killer offer. MSP2887 PM me and ill make you a killer deal too.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:10 PM   #66
Unreal

I've been telling them for awhile that RPM needs to get hooked up for NE.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #67
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frans96ss View Post
Spoke with AGP and made Fraxum a killer offer. MSP2887 PM me and ill make you a killer deal too.
Thanks Fran! I'm excited.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #68
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Well, now I'm getting jealous here! lol

Good stuff!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:52 AM   #69
kpwalls06
Cory

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6;
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGDM View Post
Great input and contact me if you need any help or questions. At least I can hand you wrenches!
Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it! I'm also installing a Fore Innovations fuel system at the same time, so it's gonna take me a bit to get it all finished.
kpwalls06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #70
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i want turbos...

i love seeing these kits!