Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
[Video] Pfadt Camaro Pulls 1.34g on STOCK WHEELS/TIRES at Miller Motorsport Park

Hey guys! VIDEO BELOW

We have already proven that our suspension is King of Autocross at C5Fest, now we want to show you what it can do in something we are more experienced in: Road Racing.

We went out to the track this past weekend, for a NASA event with our C6Z Race Car. We had a great weekend, took second in the race, but MORE importantly we had some time to get some video of our Pfadt Development Camaro on the TRACK! We muscled our way into a run group of Porsches and BMWs and Mustangs, to see what we could do. Let me tell you, with Aaron behind the wheel, we were the ones doing all of the passing!

Continuing our tradition of not just SAYING we did something, we are PROVING it with our data logging and video documentation! Had two cameras on board the Camaro, and a data collection system that monitored a bunch of parameters. Most importantly, we had a live quadratic-G diagram outputting constantly.

A little info on the car:

1) Pfadt Coilovers
2) Pfadt Camber Plates (set up at -1.8 degrees)
3) Pfadt Sport Sway Bars
4) Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms
5) Pfadt Adjustable Toe Links
6) Pfadt Solid Rear Subframe Bushings
7) Pfadt Engine Mounts
8) Pfadt Poly Differential Mounts -street
9) Pfadt Strut Tower Brace
10) STOCK TIRES/WHEELS

In all honesty, we didn't even play with any setup on this car. It was a little impromptu, and we didn't adjust ride height (still at the lowest!), alignment, rear swaybar etc. Nothing was optimized! We were rushed for time, as usual, so we didn't get to take the professional approach we do with almost everything else like our Corvette Race Team, but we we just wanted to see what it could do, and how many Porsches and Mustangs we could pass. Imagine what it could do with some dedicated time to optimize the suspension setup! This video is only one lap of many.

Check out the video and let us know what you think! 1.34g's is seen at appx laptime of 1:45:69. I've included a screen dump! This is what your Camaro can do with our products, and STOCK TIRES!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:48 PM   #2
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
That double switch at 70 and the steering wheel smooth as crown royal. That was nice. And ya know what, those stock tires are far better then those that bash them have a clue.
Nice post!
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
I'd like to see this again dialed in. On stock tires.
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Nice work. Love my Phadt!
Can I ask what air pressure was used in the stock tires? I find the factory spec a little hard and have been running lower.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Cam 427

Drives: 2010 2SS
Very impressive!
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:11 AM   #6
Popy's VT

Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
Check out the video and let us know what you think! 1.34g's is seen at appx laptime of 1:45:69. I've included a screen dump! This is what your Camaro can do with our products, and STOCK TIRES!
Very nice! Can you tell those of us not familiar with Miller what some typical lap times for other cars would be for comparison? Say a C6 or a Mustang or even what you run in the Pfadt C6Z?

I helped my buddy install your springs and sways on his 2010 Camaro and he loves them, and of course I have your coilovers on my C6 and love them!!

Congrats!
Paul Cervone; 2007 AO MN6 Z51 Coupe BBP Vortex Rammer CAI, SpinPorted TB & Intake, JetHot Coated LG Pro Longtubes, Corsa Sports, MGW Short Shifter, EE Tunnel Plate, Oil Catch Can, Lowered, Tinted, GM Racing Spoiler, Tail & Side Marker Blackouts, Pfadt Coilovers, Michelin PS2's, 395 rwhp; 387 rwt
Popy's VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #8
Popy's VT

Drives: 2007 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinzII View Post
Okay....

I am liking what I see with the Pfadt suspension components. However, could you tell me the differences between going with all Pfadt or all Pedders?
Take no offense but would you run Goodyears in front and Firestones in back? I mean what exactly is your question '... "ALL Pfadt or ALL Pedders"? Run one brand or the other but don't mix them. They are "tuned" to compliment each other. Find one you like and set your car up with that system. It will all work together harmoniously.

I have no idea who Pedders is so I'm partial. I've never heard of them until I read this forum. Never hear them mentioned on the Corvette Forum where Pfadt rules! Sure, there are lot's of companies making suspension parts but Pfadt bases their stuff off competition engineering and racing experience. Some one tell me what cars Pedders cut their teeth on? Big sedans? They might make great stuff but whoever you decide to go with, I'd stick my money on one setup.

But hey, that's just my thoughts
Popy's VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Great job guys !!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #10
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Awsome ride! Man I would love to take a ride with Aaron. Looks to me like with some better tires, and some real setup time that Camaro will give one hell of a chase to those Vettes!
Great Job Guys!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #11
VRMMMM

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
makes me wanna go racing.
VRMMMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:28 PM   #12
PrinzII
Future ZL1 Owner

Drives: 2011 Edge Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGM2SSRS View Post
I'd like to see this again dialed in. On stock tires.
This setup is piquing my interest. I also like the stance.
PrinzII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #13
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popy's VT View Post
Very nice! Can you tell those of us not familiar with Miller what some typical lap times for other cars would be for comparison? Say a C6 or a Mustang or even what you run in the Pfadt C6Z?

I helped my buddy install your springs and sways on his 2010 Camaro and he loves them, and of course I have your coilovers on my C6 and love them!!

Congrats!
Thanks sir!

We ran East Loop all weekend, with the C6Z and with the Camaro. Typically, we would only run the Outer Loop, so we really don't have anything to compare this to besides the C6Z.

The C6Z, with stock powertrain, and a lot of Pfadt Corvette components, as well as cage and other misc. race car prep, qualified around 1:38:XX and ran 1:40s.

So, considering the street/race comparison, as well as the weight of each vehicle, as well as actual set up, not too shabby! Hopefully we get some more time to dial it in.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #14
PfadtRacing

Thanks for all the great comments guys!