Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 05-31-2011, 01:56 PM   #15
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitjohnny View Post
Ha ha!! Sounds good. Culvers is ok to head to once in a while, and I've had cars in the cherry festivsl/haggeerty show in July every couple years. The scene up here is pretty small, and most of the guys know each others cars. I've never gotten that into it up here because its always the same cars no matter where you go. Pretty "cliquey" IMHO. I've got a couple old Volkswagens (air cooled), one on air, and don't seem to fit in all that well since I sold my last Mach 1. But thats also me just whining.

Pm me your number and we'll go rolling.
cool, i will.
i was joking about that... I just like crusing... maybe the occasional 60mph burnout when someone thinks they are fast. haha

Actually... I think I just blew my rear end out.... what do you know about mechanics up here who are well trusted and technical with newer cars? Check my thread... linked to my sig pic... the last page I am describing my issue with the rear

my last mechanic in Houston is a genius, and owns the worlds 4th fastest 5th gen... So i was in good hands... any ideas?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #16
detroitjohnny

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 and many more
Kyle,

i really dont know any mechanics up here to take it to. I pretty much do all my own work. when i needed trans work done on my work truck about 10 years ago, there was a shop off silver lake road that everyone suggested. Seemed to do ok, and he was into performance cars too. Not sure if they are still around?

Other than a headliner installed in one of my vw's thats the only work I've had done by anyone.

e
detroitjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:35 AM   #17
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

thanks!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
detroitjohnny

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 and many more
sure.... I didn't really add much of anything helpful!

I saw on the camaro owners map you are in Fife Lake? I drive through there on my way to work most mornings. My shop is in Grayling and I live south of town in TC so I head over to 131 and take it north to M72. Usually go that way home too if I don't have kids to pick up.

I just finished reading your build thread too. Sucks about that rear end/noise issue. I know I keep mentioning it, but a good place to meet some of the local guys (that might know who does work like this) is probably the Culvers cruise. There are a couple of guys with Vipers and other stuff that must have work done somewhere. Also, if you haven't seen it already, there is a guy on the north side of M186 that is always working on something. In fact there's a group of them that meet every Monday (i think) and build stuff together at his place. I've stopped before, but it's been a while and I can't remember anyone's names. They might have some suggestions on good speed shops.

johnny
detroitjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #19
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitjohnny View Post
I just finished reading your build thread too. Sucks about that rear end/noise issue. I know I keep mentioning it, but a good place to meet some of the local guys (that might know who does work like this) is probably the Culvers cruise. There are a couple of guys with Vipers and other stuff that must have work done somewhere. Also, if you haven't seen it already, there is a guy on the north side of M186 that is always working on something. In fact there's a group of them that meet every Monday (i think) and build stuff together at his place. I've stopped before, but it's been a while and I can't remember anyone's names. They might have some suggestions on good speed shops.

johnny
yea, I am in good ol fife lake... I like it, born and raised and recently moved back.

hmm, I will have to maybe check that Culver place out... but I am never home on Mondays, in NYC. Maybe one day this summer i can get out there.
Maybe if you go again, you could talk to some people and see if you can find a reliable shop that some of those guys go to.

186... well that is right where I am. no i have not seen these guys, may have to do a driveby this weekend and look into it.

thanks!.... and this time you were very helpful. haahah

Tags
gilmour, gorgeous, michigan, rico, traverse city