Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 05-15-2009, 08:54 AM   #1
CaMario

Drives: Mazda 3
Order Now / Delivered in July?

Morning All, I've been talking to various Toronto area dealers about ordering a Camaro. One dealer told me that if I ordered today I could expect the car in July? Says he has 5 on order, 2 sold and 3 he could change the colors etc.

Does this sound reasonble? If the order process took me into OCt/Nov which some other dealers have claimed I would probably wait it out and order so I would have it next spring.

Thanks in advance
CaMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #2
lnsjr1

Drives: 02'Z28 07'CTS 03'HD Fatboy
Thats what I was told also, I ordered mine 4/25.
lnsjr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 08:57 AM   #3
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Good luck, I ordered in DEC and I MIGHT get mine in July.

-bobby
Old 05-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #4
CaMario

That's why I'm suspicious of this. I'm reading on the forum lots of people ordered, like you, months and months ago and are waiting. . . . .

Is it possible the dealer pre-ordered an allotment of cars way back in Dec(ish) and now he like you are expecting them in July?

Not clear how all this works , but, sounds suspect if others have been waiting for some time.. . . . .

Thanks again.....any insights appreciated.
Old 05-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
Matster

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM/IOM #3625
CaMario, what dealership gave you this information? My concern here is that the 2 sold units might have been his allocation, depending on how big a dealership we are talking about, they may or may not get more allocation before Q3. I'd be very careful cause most threads that I have read, dealers are saying if you order now it could be Oct, Nov or Dec.

416 Forged Stroker, E-Force Supercharger, Blower Cam, Rotofab CAI, Stainless Works 2" LT Headers and 3" Exhaust, LPE ZR1 Twin Disc Clutch, DSS 1400 HP Axles, Pfadt Performance Kit Stage 3.
Matster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #6
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Well..
Im consulting with a dealer who hasn't met their allocation yet (room for 2 more for the quarter) and I was told there that if I order now, I may see the car mid August, if this was a normal GM order and everything was runing on time. Now we all know this isn't the case. This is where the dealer warned me that although August would be the target, there is a fear of not actually receiving it until September or worse October.

So.. yeah.
I'm just gonna throw in the towel for this summer and order for April 2010. Unless of course an SS2/RS in Silver Ice with the 6speed LS3 just happens to show up on a lot somewhere unsold.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #7
CaMario

I may have to follow your lead as painful as it is. To make matters worst, I was at the dealer and test drove an SS. I'll do a write up in another thread but in a word - AWESOME.

I've got to fight my heart and probably skip this summer as well. Too many things up in the air with dealerships closing, production delays. I checked some other dealers and they said Oct/Nov.

Oh well, it's just hard to fathom that a company that's struggling, has probably what could be THE most sought after car ever, and they can't get product to customers with cash in hand ready to buy!!!!! What part of that makes sense? In any other business you would basically get slaughtered.

Take my case for example, and I'm sure there are many others, who may have to take there business elsewhere. Sorry for the rant folks........ and thanks for your advice appreciate it.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMario View Post
I may have to follow your lead as painful as it is. To make matters worst, I was at the dealer and test drove an SS. I'll do a write up in another thread but in a word - AWESOME.

I've got to fight my heart and probably skip this summer as well. Too many things up in the air with dealerships closing, production delays. I checked some other dealers and they said Oct/Nov.

Oh well, it's just hard to fathom that a company that's struggling, has probably what could be THE most sought after car ever, and they can't get product to customers with cash in hand ready to buy!!!!! What part of that makes sense? In any other business you would basically get slaughtered.

Take my case for example, and I'm sure there are many others, who may have to take there business elsewhere. Sorry for the rant folks........ and thanks for your advice appreciate it.
Lets not be too harsh. I have been in manufactureing all my life, engineering and design, jet engines to narrow it down. Any time you have a new project it takes time to ramp up. It would be hard for GM to say "CAMAROS for sale", open the doors and you have 30,000 to choose from. You have to get it right first.

I know its painful, I was whining too. Be patient, its a world event to be a part of. Keep calling dealers till you find one that has allocation, you never know.
Dynatech LT headers, Hi flow Cats
MBRP 3" 304 stainless X-pipe exhaust
Fastlane true CAI.
Barton shifter
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
I ordered may 7 and was told August would have been realistic but this is a new car and there are to many variables and unknowns for him to give me any guarantees on delivery. I'm just hoping to get a month or so in before i have to park it for the winter.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #10
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaMario View Post
Morning All, I've been talking to various Toronto area dealers about ordering a Camaro. One dealer told me that if I ordered today I could expect the car in July? Says he has 5 on order, 2 sold and 3 he could change the colors etc.

Does this sound reasonble? If the order process took me into OCt/Nov which some other dealers have claimed I would probably wait it out and order so I would have it next spring.

Thanks in advance
Sounds reasonable. Keep in mind that nobody knows when a dealer will get a car delivered better than that dealer does.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
Lovestanda
Large Member

Drives: Yugo SS
hate to say it but The dealers are in the position to gauge time of delivery
Lovestanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
CaMario

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK67 View Post
Lets not be too harsh. I have been in manufactureing all my life, engineering and design, jet engines to narrow it down. Any time you have a new project it takes time to ramp up. It would be hard for GM to say "CAMAROS for sale", open the doors and you have 30,000 to choose from. You have to get it right first.

I know its painful, I was whining too. Be patient, its a world event to be a part of. Keep calling dealers till you find one that has allocation, you never know.

Agreed, Thanks BLACK67 - you the man
Old 05-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #13
CDN SS
Steve from Canada.

Drives: 2010 SW SS/RS with Inferno package.
I plan to order mine right after New Years hoping it will arrive sometime in the spring of 2010, hopefully all the bugs will be ironed out by then.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:54 PM   #14
kroache

Drives: IBM Camaro 2LT RS
I ordered on May 2nd and was told it should be delivered in 8 weeks. My dealership was allocated for 6 and I was # 6. I've ordered 2 Avalanches from the same sales guy and I feel he is being straight up with me. Although I ordered before finding this website....now I'm not quite as confident but hopefully it's not delayed too much.
I've not seen the car yet (other than online) so I'm looking forward to the first one. Seems strange to order the thing without even touching one....oh well...my wife was driving a 1980 Camaro when I met her so she's pretty keen on the new one. Just gotta stop counting the days (it's gonna be a long summer)

Have a good one!
Kevin
kroache is offline   Reply With Quote