Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-02-2016, 10:12 AM   #1
joeybsyc

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS
Chadwick's Triple Play

Anyone ever use it? The corvette forums rave about it but they are also a sponsor there. I did a google search and can't find a single negative review from anyone who has actually used it. Seems like snake oil to me based on the description, but you'd think you'd find at least one bad review from someone who's purchased it... Anyone here have any experience using this stuff?
Old 02-02-2016, 11:40 AM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
I watched the videos on their website and it looks easy enough to use. You would used it like a detail mist, spray on, wipe off. But I'm not sure how dirty a car can be to use it. If you drove 200 miles through a rain or snow storm and all the road grim salt/sand is all over your car I don't think you would use this stuff. Also, Do you have to make sure the old wax is off the paint before doing this? Can it get off the unseen contaminants that a clay bar will?
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 04:16 PM   #3
joeybsyc

Their "kit" comes with a clay sponge (looks like a repackaged Chemical Guys piece actually) and many use this as their sole wash/wax product... claiming it adds gloss and depth to their paint. I assume it's got lots of fillers and oils in it, but I really don't know... all I know is that you can't find a single person who has reviewed it that doesn't rave about it. I must admit I'm tempted to order some just to see what it's like.
Old 02-02-2016, 06:19 PM   #4
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
I've wondered the same thing. People rave about this stuff like its great but just looks like a gimmick/scam product to me. As good results as a full detail in a spray on wipe off product, I'm skeptical to say the least.
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #5
joeybsyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fif_gen_powa View Post
I've wondered the same thing. People rave about this stuff like its great but just looks like a gimmick/scam product to me. As good results as a full detail in a spray on wipe off product, I'm skeptical to say the least.

As am I, but it does seem odd that it has absolutely NO negative reviews anywhere from anyone who has ever bought it... just a few skeptics like us who "assume" it couldn't be any good but have not actually tried it.

I have yet to find even one person who has bought it and posted they were not impressed with the results.
Old 02-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #6
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
This product supposedly cleans, polishes, and protects your paint AIO.

He has a few video's on You tube, he states that washing your car with soap is a bad idea because it's not PH balanced, nothing could be farther from the truth. Tons of PH balanced soaps on the market.

He also states that washing your car with soap and water is abrasive to the finish. Using a proper 2 bucket method, with high quality wash media, I'd have to disagree.

I wash my car at least 30x in between polishing sessions, and the only thing I ever have to use is a finishing polish. Bad washing technique and wash media causes marring.

When he says he is removing dirt and tree sap off the white car in the video, I'm sorry but I don't see either.

He also states this product "polishes" your paint. Only way to polish is with a light abrasive. I'm 99.9% sure this product fills light defects. I love to get a test panel with a polisher and do a 50/50 vs. this product. There is only 1 way to polish your paint to it's maximum gloss and clarity. Machine polishing.

The last thing this product offers is protection. I looked at the FAQ page on their website. 1 month. Low durability obviously.

He states it only cost 3-4 dollars per use per car. The kit costs $70 and the FAQ states 6 applications from it. Last time I checked 6/$70 = $11.67. I didn't look to see if they charge shipping, which will increase cost per use more.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:19 PM   #7
joeybsyc

I agree it can't be the end of all washing and waxing products, but it must do something pretty well to gain as many positive reviews as it does. Has anyone here ever actually tried it?
Old 02-02-2016, 11:19 PM   #8
joeybsyc

Guess not.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:19 AM   #9
Mattchew

Drives: Camaro 2011 RS
I think this package would be targeted more to people who don't enjoy washing their car? Seems like a great package but every company always has the "dont do that! just buy this!" thing
Old 02-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #10
joeybsyc

Yes it seems that's his target audience, but many on the corvette forum use it as a quick detailer and swear by it, claiming it adds gloss and does not induce scratches or marring. I dunno, would honestly like to try it to see if it's anything special.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:30 AM   #11
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
They're raving about it over on the corvette forums.
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:22 PM   #12
Tecca

Drives: ...
Seriously this guy is a twat, this reminded me of watching a crappy infomercial. Honestly he even looks like a wannabe Adam Pitale.

If you want to waste your money on this the have at it.
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #13
Geelouise

Drives: 2011 v6
Has anyone ever tried it on their camaro?
Geelouise is offline   Reply With Quote