Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #1
clav1n

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
Stereo acting funny / how to reset?

Not sure if anyone had a similar problem before, my stereo started acting strange recently and gets stuck in the same track when playing music off of my USB flash drive. Basically it will only play the same song over and over again.

I tried using different USB flash drives and they will work starting off but then the issue pops up again. Not sure if its an indexing thing or what but I've never had this issue before?

Anyone know a solution or perhaps how to reset the stereo without disconnecting the battery? Maybe a fuse pull or some kind?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
clav1n, you can't RESET it....what you need to do is take it to your dealer, there is a TSB concerning the issue on 2010 and 2011's

if they do what they should, they will replace the PDIM and your problems and a few other little bugs will be fixed. Here is the TSB, on the top of it is the GM P/N they need to install.

Do yourself a favor, print out the TSB, do what it tells you to do to verify your Hardware/Softwear versions. and read the TSB very carefully and KNOW IT, better then the Service Dept. as all to many times, they are not familure with the issue and will try to blow smoke up your butt and tell you they car UPDATE your system....wich is NOT going ti fix your problem....and you will be back at the dealer with the same problem. This is an issue that has been LONG STANDING. if you look at the thread below....which was started back when the car first came out in '09' and is still current. Even Chevrolet Customer Service has chimed into that thread to get this issue fixed for a lot of people.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

PI0055B with GM PN#.pdf

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....whe I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE
also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Name:  DB-DD.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  43.2 KB
Old 07-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
SirNuke, how long did it take for them to fix it?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
SirNuke, how long did it take for them to fix it?
I took my car in, my service manager had a tech verify my HW/SW version, and by the TSB, they were to replace the PDIM, they didn't have one, which I expected, they ordered the part I showed them on the top of the TSB I brought them, they had it a day later. I made an appointment that Friday morning......it only takes about 1 to 1-1/2 hours for them to do the job. as the PDIM in underneith the console, and to replace it, they have to take it out. Its just a few screws. I had them take me home in their shuttle (I live in a fairly small town) and them came back and picked me up when it was ready. I did that as I was going to mow my lawn in the mean time......I could have just wantched TV and ate donuts in their lounge if I wanted to. LOL

oh and btw.....mine has worked flawlessly ever since.....and that has been about a year.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 07-23-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
clav1n

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS M6
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I was aware of the TSB but didn't realize this is the type of issue they were referring to. I have a late model 2011 and never had any issues before so I assumed I had the most up to date PDIM. I will check the version number and visit my dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
clav1n, you can't RESET it....what you need to do is take it to your dealer, there is a TSB concerning the issue on 2010 and 2011's

if they do what they should, they will replace the PDIM and your problems and a few other little bugs will be fixed. Here is the TSB, on the top of it is the GM P/N they need to install.

Do yourself a favor, print out the TSB, do what it tells you to do to verify your Hardware/Softwear versions. and read the TSB very carefully and KNOW IT, better then the Service Dept. as all to many times, they are not familure with the issue and will try to blow smoke up your butt and tell you they car UPDATE your system....wich is NOT going ti fix your problem....and you will be back at the dealer with the same problem. This is an issue that has been LONG STANDING. if you look at the thread below....which was started back when the car first came out in '09' and is still current. Even Chevrolet Customer Service has chimed into that thread to get this issue fixed for a lot of people.

In the TSB PI0055B, you will find this info:

In the top in the CONDITION/CONCERN section......the 5th bullet, it states "intermittent device operation from one ignition cycle to the next" . This covers it and will solve other issues with the operation of the unit.

NEXT you need to determine the Hardware/Software version you have in your system and how you and the dealer will proceed.

In the next section down, the RECOMMENDATION/INSTRUCTIONS section gives you the inscructions on how to determine the HW/SW version. If your HW version is either a Cx (where the X stands for any of the C versions) or a DA you need to have them REPLACE the entire PDIM unit....hopefully this is where you are at. PRINT OUT THE TSB and take it with you when you go to your dealer.

Attachment 401411

There is a thread here that was started in 2009 and is still going....whe I had this same issue, I found the thread and it was 30 pages long, its up to 39 pages now, and still active....I read every page, and did my homework.....even the GM Service Rep was helping and was posting so that all the correct info was put out. I went to my dealer with this TSB, they ordered the part listed on the top of the TSB and my system has performed FLAWLESSLY ever since.

Here is a link to the thread: PDIM Softwear UPDATE
also attached is what your HW/SW window will look like when the proper PDIM is installed.

Attachment 401412