Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 11-29-2012, 03:05 AM   #547
CyberG11

Drives: 2011 V6 Cyber Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhunley14 View Post
Wow..the sky is falling lol..what a bunch of whiny babies. These guys bust there butts to put these events on and people bash because it's not convenient enough. I'm sure most of these people are not breaking the bank to help organize these events. I own my own business and this doesn't surprise me. You just can't make some people happy. You can give them something and they get pissed off.. Some of you just lost your man cards so give them up.. You don't deserve it..
Tinted windows, RX catch can, MRT 2 Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Trifecta Tune, Plastic dipped rims, foot well lighting, upgraded DRL, Ghosted side markers, LED interior and trunk lights, Painted calipers, Heads up display, Ported Throttle body, Air scoop, washer bottle relocation kit, Dynamat, amp and subs, Vitesse Throttle controller.

Up next Hex vents, Long tube headers, suspension, brake upgrade.
CyberG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 AM   #548
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
I'm ok with Indy. Would have preferred Texas but there is always 2014. I would like to ask if the mods could diligently work at getting us some track time on the OVAL. Need to break up the large # of participants in camaro-cross. I'm sure there is enough interest and members that have track experience to volunteer to help make it happen. Hell, even following the pace car at 60+ mph is pretty exciting. I will step up now and volunteer to help out any way I can.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
This.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #549
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Is it safe to come back in here yet?????????? For a while there it felt too much like being at work listening to a bunch of preschoolers with that "I want what I want, when I want it or I'll just take my ball & go home, have a tantrum & pout" attitude. How about a reality check and a little gratitude. Sure it would be nice for the locations to move around but things just don't always work out just the way you want. There is a lot more that goes into the planning of an event like this than folks want to take the time to process. Vote? Okay yeah this is the USA, we like democracy but realistic in an event like this? Uh, NO! That would presuppose having all the details worked out to plan the event in 3 or 4 locations before the vote. OR can you imagine how mad folks would be if they voted for a location then the arrangements could not be worked out & another location had to be chosed, or the extra time that would involve???? Do any of you have time to do that while keeping YOUR full time job? Remember these are basicly volunteers setting this up. It is very complicated planing an event like this. Just because there is a venue you would like to have the fest at does not mean you can find a suitable date that is not already booked and negotiate reasonable rates and arrangements for this many cars to decend on a city. Can't we all just be appreciative of the hard work and efforts our mods put into having an event at all and try to be nice to them for all the hard work they do???????? If you can make it to the Fest, great, I'll see ya there. If not, I understand your dissappointment. Hold on. There will be a next one, lord willing, and maybe you can make that one, or as others have suggested, find another great event to attend.

Okay, I feel better now. Carry on.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 AM   #550
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
You know, I was going to keep my $.02 out of here but after reading every single post I just feel like I should share my opinion, even though it really doesn't matter.

First, thanks to the mods who put this together I know its not easy...and thanks to all the other volunteers that help make it a great show...especially last year...(pete, John (drjkel), and norm (garcmol) just to name a few I know there were many more!!. I know how hard they worked during the day to make this a success....but this leads to my next point...they may not have been able to race during the day...but they got to participate in what (to me) the fest is all about. The parking lot parties.

Would I like to have traveled to somewhere I haven't been before? Sure. Am I going to bitch and moan about where the location is at? No. I go for the people. The late nights in the parking lot are what is the most fun for me. Finally getting to talk all things camaro with people that you only otherwise talk to behind a computer screen, putting faces to screen names, and just having a good time.

My first encounter with mlee? Taking the elevator up with him in the hotel with all his stuff and him saying he hopes his room isn't a very far walk. It's little things like that, even so small, that leave a lasting memory of an event.

Going to every floor in the hotel just to try to find an ice machine that has ice in it for our coolers....yet another memory.

YOU make the most of the venue no matter if it has been held there once before or 30 times before.

If you want to go have a great time with awesome people, Indianapolis is where you need to be August 2013.

/rant
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Is it safe to come back in here yet?????????? For a while there it felt too much like being at work listening to a bunch of preschoolers with that "I want what I want, when I want it or I'll just take my ball & go home, have a tantrum & pout" attitude. How about a reality check and a little gratitude. Sure it would be nice for the locations to move around but things just don't always work out just the way you want. There is a lot more that goes into the planning of an event like this than folks want to take the time to process. Vote? Okay yeah this is the USA, we like democracy but realistic in an event like this? Uh, NO! That would presuppose having all the details worked out to plan the event in 3 or 4 locations before the vote. OR can you imagine how mad folks would be if they voted for a location then the arrangements could not be worked out & another location had to be chosed, or the extra time that would involve???? Do any of you have time to do that while keeping YOUR full time job? Remember these are basicly volunteers setting this up. It is very complicated planing an event like this. Just because there is a venue you would like to have the fest at does not mean you can find a suitable date that is not already booked and negotiate reasonable rates and arrangements for this many cars to decend on a city. Can't we all just be appreciative of the hard work and efforts our mods put into having an event at all and try to be nice to them for all the hard work they do???????? If you can make it to the Fest, great, I'll see ya there. If not, I understand your dissappointment. Hold on. There will be a next one, lord willing, and maybe you can make that one, or as others have suggested, find another great event to attend.

JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:16 AM   #551
F5ABM
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LT/RS/6A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Beauty View Post
We will be making the return trip for sure with the MUSIC CITY CAMARO CLUB. Looking forward to seeing some old friends as well as meeting new ones.

We are thinking about it.....pretty sure we'll go. We'll probably do the Host hotel though.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #552
Doubleblank

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2014 Z28
Well, I've read every post in this thread (I'm at home with a broken foot). It seems the complaints generally fall into two camps.

1. There is no rotation of location this year. So that means a lot of people who have missed previous events hoping for one closer have to wait at least another year. A lot of people just can't take two days off each way to go to an event. A legitamit complaint that's not mod bashing in any way.

2. It's back in Indy. Well, having traveled to Indy many times to see friends, Texans/Colts games, etc........Indy is Indy. Not much going on. I can totally see people not wanting to go back to a place they've been before. Road trips are by definition about going to new places.

I respect the decision made by the mods here. Going back to Indy is easy and should result in an improved event.

Here's what I don't want to see happen. Fest4 is outstanding as an event and it becomes too easy to just keep having it there. I've seen this happen with other orgs I've been involved with. Once you find a spot where all the kinks get worked out, you just keep going back there every year or every other year because it's just so easy to plan the event there. Please don't let that happen to Indy.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:31 AM   #553
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Horrible call....LMAO

Somebody's gettin greased bigtime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6 View Post
at least we have a sponsor who agrees
Ivan, how long have you been beating your wife?

V6, do you have your drinking problem under control?

Accusations that plant seeds of doubt about a person's character are used in courtrooms and in politics because it taints the person in question even though it isn't true. Perhaps I am wrong and the two of you have proof to support your allegations. If the two of you have proof, post it here. Post it NOW. If you don't have proof, edit your posts with apologies.

If you don't have access to the internet from the County Holding Cell, maybe the corrections officer will do it for you.

NOTE: These statements are NOT true. There are used only to demonstrate anyone can make unfounded allegations to make a person look bad in the eyes of others on a forum.

Ivan, how long have you been beating your wife?
V6, do you have your drinking problem under control?
If you don't have access to the internet from the County Holding Cell, maybe the corrections officer will do it for you.

NOTE: These statements are NOT true. There are used only to demonstrate anyone can make unfounded allegations to make a person look bad in the eyes of others on a forum.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:45 AM   #554
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post

Old 11-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #555
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
I respect the decision made by the mods here. Going back to Indy is easy and should result in an improved event.

Here's what I don't want to see happen. Fest4 is outstanding as an event and it becomes too easy to just keep having it there. I've seen this happen with other orgs I've been involved with. Once you find a spot where all the kinks get worked out, you just keep going back there every year or every other year because it's just so easy to plan the event there. Please don't let that happen to Indy.
Thank you for posting your concern.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #556
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
You know, I was going to keep my $.02 out of here but after reading every single post I just feel like I should share my opinion, even though it really doesn't matter.

First, thanks to the mods who put this together I know its not easy...and thanks to all the other volunteers that help make it a great show...especially last year...(pete, John (drjkel), and norm (garcmol) just to name a few I know there were many more!!. I know how hard they worked during the day to make this a success....but this leads to my next point...they may not have been able to race during the day...but they got to participate in what (to me) the fest is all about. The parking lot parties.

Would I like to have traveled to somewhere I haven't been before? Sure. Am I going to bitch and moan about where the location is at? No. I go for the people. The late nights in the parking lot are what is the most fun for me. Finally getting to talk all things camaro with people that you only otherwise talk to behind a computer screen, putting faces to screen names, and just having a good time.

My first encounter with mlee? Taking the elevator up with him in the hotel with all his stuff and him saying he hopes his room isn't a very far walk. It's little things like that, even so small, that leave a lasting memory of an event.

Going to every floor in the hotel just to try to find an ice machine that has ice in it for our coolers....yet another memory.

YOU make the most of the venue no matter if it has been held there once before or 30 times before.

If you want to go have a great time with awesome people, Indianapolis is where you need to be August 2013.

/rant

Last edited by JusticePete; 11-30-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #557
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
great news.will make my plans.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #558
masonacdc

Drives: 2LS Inferno Orange "PHOENIX"
Cool costs

im really excited for my first fest the distance is perfect im actually making it me and my friends senior trip. i was just wanting to know about some cost info

PHOENIX 323HP "LEGENDS NEVER DIE"
masonacdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:04 AM   #559
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
LOL at least those of us who went there this year will return knowing where everything is instead of being lost. I'm happy to know that my car will stay shiney clean with that self carwash a few blocks away from the dragstrip

It was a damn good time this year and we can't wait to have the fun again. It was the best parking lot party i've ever been to
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 AM   #560
BSX_Camaro
Unleash the Beast!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I understand why people are upset. I thought it was going to be in TX for 2013. We are going to Sturgis next year and were not going to go to C5 IV. Now that it is local again, I'll be attending again, but working the event most likely.

I know it would take some work but if a Mod could put together one post to explain what the options for 2013 were and what happened, it might quell some of the anger. Not all but some.

MLEE has said, Phoenix has track issues, Vegas is LOTS of $, a lot of the southern venues that can handle this event are totally booked up and the dates would have to change to spring time. Maybe just one post to clear things up would help.

I'm a CA transplant in IN. I've done the 80E all the way across. I know that drive all too well. It does suck, and if the west coasters can't make it, I understand. But the anger doesn't help. The drive from south Florida to Indy isn't bad, I've done that often as well.

Really this is "rebuilding" year like most sports teams have. Have it in Indy, improve, and the next venue will get the benefits. Being the host club, we have fun at the event but work our butts off for everyone that shows up. The brand new Camarocross has been in planning for some time and should be great!

Thank you to all the Mods and sponsors that make these events possible.