Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
SDTW Custom Wheels & Tires
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2018, 01:49 PM   #17613
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I wouldn’t be too surprised.

We never did get an official C7 Z06 time.
Yeah very sad!

I do however think the final time if released for the ZR1 will be very good. It surely appears to be more function over form, so we better see that reflected in the stats.
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:44 PM   #17614
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,848
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I wouldnít be too surprised.

We never did get an official C7 Z06 time.
I have a funny feeling that car has too much drag, and couldn't sustain speeds on the straights enough to do any better than the C6 ZR1. Certainly don't want to advertise a sub-par time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
For some reason I am not surprised by this comment


Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Yeah very sad!

I do however think the final time if released for the ZR1 will be very good. It surely appears to be more function over form, so we better see that reflected in the stats.
I have faith!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 06:58 PM   #17615
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I have a funny feeling that car has too much drag, and couldn't sustain speeds on the straights enough to do any better than the C6 ZR1. Certainly don't want to advertise a sub-par time.





I have faith!



__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #17616
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '17 Buick LaCrose
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10,414
I can't imagine a Z06 (or ZL1 for that matter) with an LT5 under the hood wouldn't be significantly better around any track.

Was the ZL1 that achieved the great 'ring time a 1LE with the big rear wing? Possible that the car isn't capable of higher speeds due to the down force generator.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:29 AM   #17617
pat_t
 
pat_t's Avatar
 
Drives: #238 Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I can't imagine a Z06 (or ZL1 for that matter) with an LT5 under the hood wouldn't be significantly better around any track.

Was the ZL1 that achieved the great 'ring time a 1LE with the big rear wing? Possible that the car isn't capable of higher speeds due to the down force generator.
Yep the ZL1 1LE did 7:16 with the big wing, hit a peak of 168mph.

The latest porsche GT3 RS looks like it only hit a peak of ~166mph on it's way round in sub 7-minutes. It's not all about top speeds!
__________________
pat_t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #17618
pat_t
 
pat_t's Avatar
 
Drives: #238 Z/28
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: UK
Posts: 366
They put this video out today. Maybe because they couldn't put out the video they would have liked from the Nurburgring?

__________________
pat_t is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #17619
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,848
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_t View Post
Yep the ZL1 1LE did 7:16 with the big wing, hit a peak of 168mph.

The latest porsche GT3 RS looks like it only hit a peak of ~166mph on it's way round in sub 7-minutes. It's not all about top speeds!


BUT! The power does help get up to whatever top speed you have...QUICKER!

I can't help but bring up the fact that the ZL1 1LE did a 7:13 off-camera...they are confident in the figure enough to have mentioned it in the press release, but no video = didn't happen, so it wasn't in the title.

But anyways, back to the ZR1. I think they're sandbagging...
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:59 PM   #17620
DGthe3
Moderator.ca
 
DGthe3's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Niagara, Canada
Posts: 24,877
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I haven't bothered to post in the 6th gen refresh thread yet (probably won't), but my basic take on the reactions overall is that most people either went 'Gah! Its different ... NOOO!' or are biased towards what they already have (be it a 5th or a 6th gen).

And to me, its fine if it doesn't appeal to people who already own a 6th gen because they are among the least likely to buy a 6th gen in the future. Gotta seek out other buyers if they want to keep the assembly line busy
__________________
Note, if I've gotten any facts wrong in the above, just ignore any points I made with them
__________________
Originally Posted by FbodFather
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!
__________________

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:14 AM   #17621
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!
 
Number 3's Avatar
 
Drives: '16 ATS 2.0T & '17 Buick LaCrose
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 10,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I haven't bothered to post in the 6th gen refresh thread yet (probably won't), but my basic take on the reactions overall is that most people either went 'Gah! Its different ... NOOO!' or are biased towards what they already have (be it a 5th or a 6th gen).

And to me, its fine if it doesn't appeal to people who already own a 6th gen because they are among the least likely to buy a 6th gen in the future. Gotta seek out other buyers if they want to keep the assembly line busy
I think this is another example of a car that just doesn't photograph well.

I can't imagine the guys in the studio would ever propose something that was no kidding ugly.

I need to see one in person for a final judgment.

I think there is an advantage in having a clear differentiation between the SS and the V6/L4 cars as well. Right now, you just see a Camaro and if you don't quite know what to look for you can't tell as the details are far more subtle.
__________________
"Speed, it seems to me, provides the one genuinely modern pleasure." - Aldous Huxley Link to Every Camaro photo I've taken in Hi-Resolution
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:20 AM   #17622
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,482
So Dodge is bringing back the 426.

Sad day when Dodge can get a 7.0 V8 to work, but not GM.
__________________
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:42 AM   #17623
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,848
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So Dodge is bringing back the 426.

Sad day when Dodge can get a 7.0 V8 to work, but not GM.
I just read that Ford is doing one, too - for the 2019 Raptor?
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #17624
Bhobbs


 
Bhobbs's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I just read that Ford is doing one, too - for the 2019 Raptor?
Yeah, Iíve seen that too. Supposed to be a 7.0 SOHC V8. Not sure it could fit in the Mustang, but itís cool to see the big V8s coming back, at least one more time.

Seems GM will miss the boat though. A 7.0 LTx would have been sweet in the Camaro and Grand Sport. Could have done great in the HD trucks too. I would have dropped it in the RSTs.
__________________
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #17625
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 31,848
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, Iíve seen that too. Supposed to be a 7.0 SOHC V8. Not sure it could fit in the Mustang, but itís cool to see the big V8s coming back, at least one more time.

Seems GM will miss the boat though. A 7.0 LTx would have been sweet in the Camaro and Grand Sport. Could have done great in the HD trucks too. I would have dropped it in the RSTs.
Maybe they'll do what GM does, and come out with one "late", but better....
__________________
"Keep the faith." - Fbodfather
Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 09:37 PM   #17626
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: A Mountain Road
Posts: 7,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
So Dodge is bringing back the 426.

Sad day when Dodge can get a 7.0 V8 to work, but not GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
I just read that Ford is doing one, too - for the 2019 Raptor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Yeah, Iíve seen that too. Supposed to be a 7.0 SOHC V8. Not sure it could fit in the Mustang, but itís cool to see the big V8s coming back, at least one more time.

Seems GM will miss the boat though. A 7.0 LTx would have been sweet in the Camaro and Grand Sport. Could have done great in the HD trucks too. I would have dropped it in the RSTs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Maybe they'll do what GM does, and come out with one "late", but better....
Wow! Interesting news. Link?

Címon 427!
__________________
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro vs House? P. Ham 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 82 05-20-2011 05:03 PM
House approves $2B more for 'cash for clunkers shank0668 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 07-31-2009 04:36 PM
3rd Annual Corvette Open House at MacMulkin Chevrolet-WELCOMES the ALL NEW CAMARO!! MacMulkin USA - New England 2 04-11-2009 09:16 AM
White House Approves $17.4 Billion Auto Loans to GM & Chrysler josh1147 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 97 12-29-2008 02:21 PM
White House says auto loans deal not imminent camaro5 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11 12-15-2008 11:44 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.