Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 04-13-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
KingOmen

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T M6 RS sunroof
Tuning time normal?

Hey guys I purchased a stage 2 kit from rpm motorsport and received the parts on March 16 the way they work is they send parts out first then once you confirm you have them installed they ship out tuner. Well I confirmed with them on March 24th it's gotten up to 3weeks now and still no word I've sent them an email and stopped receiving them back ever since I told them parts are installed they replied with tuner will come to me in turn... (btw parts were great look good sounds better) was curious to know if anyone has any idea if this is normal timing to get my tuner in or should I start to worry a bit...? I just want my tune already it's hard to hold back my foot lol
KingOmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #2
6th_gen_gino

Drives: 2016 camaro 2.0t gray
RPM doesn't have the best reputation with responding to customers and their tunes havent had the best results, as far as possibly being the reason for blowing motors
6th_gen_gino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:11 AM   #3
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Oh boy... More RPM troubles... Like Gino said, Id be careful man..

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #4
StPeteHyper2.0

Drives: '16 Hyper Blue 2.0
My story... I ordered RPM stage 2 kit last year at this time. It took him 2 months to get me the Downpipe and a throttle body kit (which was suppose to be charge pipes that he discontinued but still advertise). He also said he was reworking the CAI which never got reproduced either. After finally receiving those 2 items I called in for the tune. I waited with a few responsive and a few unresponsive emails for 7 months. I waited because I was still adding parts and figured he could tune them in as well. By the time Thanksgiving came around I got my intercooler in and contacted once again with no response. At the new year I asked for a refund on the balance because tune was never sent. I got refunded the tune but I essentially got screwed over paying more than what was worth (approx. $1K) for a downpipe and Tb kit. I did the easy pay route which added the 10%, but he didn't refund that. I was done dealing with Martin and took the loss. I like the downpipe, that's about it. Cut your losses and move on is my opinion
StPeteHyper2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #5
KingOmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteHyper2.0 View Post
My story... I ordered RPM stage 2 kit last year at this time. It took him 2 months to get me the Downpipe and a throttle body kit (which was suppose to be charge pipes that he discontinued but still advertise). He also said he was reworking the CAI which never got reproduced either. After finally receiving those 2 items I called in for the tune. I waited with a few responsive and a few unresponsive emails for 7 months. I waited because I was still adding parts and figured he could tune them in as well. By the time Thanksgiving came around I got my intercooler in and contacted once again with no response. At the new year I asked for a refund on the balance because tune was never sent. I got refunded the tune but I essentially got screwed over paying more than what was worth (approx. $1K) for a downpipe and Tb kit. I did the easy pay route which added the 10%, but he didn't refund that. I was done dealing with Martin and took the loss. I like the downpipe, that's about it. Cut your losses and move on is my opinion
Great.... wish I asked in here before I got the parts... I'm glad I actually got all the parts I ordered for (TB, charge pipe, and down pipe) only thing I'm missing is tune which if I get refunded how much do I get for just the tune...? And who should I choose to tune with if I go with this option?
Old 04-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOmen View Post
Great.... wish I asked in here before I got the parts... I'm glad I actually got all the parts I ordered for (TB, charge pipe, and down pipe) only thing I'm missing is tune which if I get refunded how much do I get for just the tune...? And who should I choose to tune with if I go with this option?
So i feel for you, i really do but you've been on here for awhile and it's not hard to find information on RPMs practices... Your best bet is to get a local tuner who knows GM DI tuning better is one that has cobalt or ats experience and go to them. You can also try one of many online remote tuning options. ZZP, Vermont Tuning and IPF.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #7
KingOmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So i feel for you, i really do but you've been on here for awhile and it's not hard to find information on RPMs practices... Your best bet is to get a local tuner who knows GM DI tuning better is one that has cobalt or ats experience and go to them. You can also try one of many online remote tuning options. ZZP, Vermont Tuning and IPF.
Yea I know I guess I just didn't think about them doing stuff like this I should have looked it up I know for next time I guess... hope I don't get to much of a hit for this I'm going to call them tomorrow and ask for refund on tune...
Old 04-15-2018, 12:46 PM   #8
KingOmen

Btw let's "say" they will put a rush on sending tune to me should I even do it? Don't want to risk them blowing my motor once Gino said that comment kind of not sure if i even want their tune no more?
Old 04-15-2018, 01:07 PM   #9
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Btw let's "say" they will put a rush on sending tune to me should I even do it? Don't want to risk them blowing my motor once Gino said that comment kind of not sure if i even want their tune no more?
Their tune is fine if you have upgraded charge pipes and forged internals. I haven't seen xactly what they do but they are pushing out full bolt-on numbers with stock parts and there's been a few issues. My suggestion is get an oil catch can before you tune because the increase oil blow-by in the PCV system from adjusting boost tables is gonna cause an earlier issue which can be solved. I'd stick with a safer tune personally. ZZP tunes the cars to be safe they are very pricey. You won't see amazing numbers from what you pay but they do tune for safety and longevity in mind, they also tune to keep you coming back for adjustments down the road for increases so depends entirely in your level of trust. Trifecta is a decent tune but the guy is impossible to get a hold of. I'm not sure on IPF anymore honestly. So a dyno tune with a guy you've talked to may be a good idea. You could also try reaching out to Gino's tuner as well.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-15-2018, 01:23 PM   #10
KingOmen

Don't know any dyno guys over here "miami" I do already have a catch can though that was my very first add on my camaro didn't want to do nothing before getting that done so currently running catch cans, down pipe, intake, charge pipe, and TB I was thinking about trying to find a local dyno tune guy or something around here would be a cool experience but yea those numbers rpm was pushing out was what intrigued me but! Now that I heard they not safe number lol I'll be fine pushing lower numbers as long as I can still drive a non blown motor lol
Old 04-15-2018, 03:15 PM   #11
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Don't know any dyno guys over here "miami" I do already have a catch can though that was my very first add on my camaro didn't want to do nothing before getting that done so currently running catch cans, down pipe, intake, charge pipe, and TB I was thinking about trying to find a local dyno tune guy or something around here would be a cool experience but yea those numbers rpm was pushing out was what intrigued me but! Now that I heard they not safe number lol I'll be fine pushing lower numbers as long as I can still drive a non blown motor lol
There's a guy on YouTube that had a stock 2.0T Camaro with the RPM tune he's buddies with StrictlyLTG on here who did his engine rebuild. What happened is he ended up with cracked intercooler pipes from the amount of oil-blow-by from the increased PCV pressure with their tune and it pooled at the bottom of the stock rubber piping and caused untold other issues. He did not have a catch can and his numbers were impressive out of the gate but I think he was a test mule car honestly and they didn't do any research on long-term or mid-term effects of their tune. Again it's not their tune I have an issue with same with Trifecta or RPM it's the service and the way things are done that keeps me from supporting those companies.

Old 04-15-2018, 03:34 PM   #12
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Your "safest" bet is to use the guys with the most LTG experience. The guys who have done the homework, and produced countless tunes with a good long running history, on countless vehicles. No one else comes close to ZZP in that regard. In my experience, they also have great customer service.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
Old 04-15-2018, 03:54 PM   #13
VAZL1

Drives: 17 ZL1
If you want it done right, call Vengeance Racing. They can remote tune, see link below.

http://www.vengeancepcm.com/tuningservices.html
Old 04-15-2018, 08:25 PM   #14
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAZL1 View Post
If you want it done right, call Vengeance Racing. They can remote tune, see link below.

http://www.vengeancepcm.com/tuningservices.html
They would be a great choice for a LSX or LTX platform. Not the LTG.
That's why we have the dedicated Aftermarket Performance Mod List sticky Evil-Bee-NH has done all the painstaking leg work on. So we know who is offering what. BUT, it only a guide, not a direction. This is why guys like the OP should utilize the GREAT information that can be found on this board, and avoid situations like these to make the best choice for his needs and expectations.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----